Author Topic: Gun control laws do they work ?  (Read 20651 times)

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
Re: Gun control laws do they work ?
« Reply #975 on: September 12, 2012, 05:49:28 PM »
really for 45 bucks?  and I bet the bullets are free too.  how in the heck do the arms dealers of the world stay in business.  take 1000 ak47's to a dirt hole and sell them for $45,000.
semp

20+ years ago I knew drug dealers, a lot of them, up close & personal, who told me they bought AK's all the time(Used beat-up shooters) south of the boarder for $45 all day long. It was used to make a point. I never said new, nor did I ever say this was your experience. You should never arbitrarily tell someone their knowledge is BS... I have NO idea what you have seen or heard in your life & vice-versa...    :salute
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #976 on: September 12, 2012, 06:07:04 PM »
How do you "RAISE" the price of 3rd world manufactured AK's & SKS's smuggled and bought for $45 in any dirt hole around the world?  :ahand
Supply and demand.... IF demand is constant, reduce supply, price goes up.... econ 101.  :ahand

Don't want AKs crossing the border, get more/better border control.... fix two birds with one stone :aok
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:13:52 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #977 on: September 12, 2012, 07:58:35 PM »
Actually I just jump into the threads that long ago stopped making sense like this or the 'other one' one I was agreeing with you but you did not read it correctly I guess. I then went on to explain where your error was and I was actually gonna  quote your jealousy vs. resnetmen quote to combzy but forgot.

I went back and looked becaus eI think it was the Unperk the f4u thread(haters gonna hate) you and I had a discussion in Shida not the Market Garden one and in fact I only have 1 post in market garden. In short you  misunderstood  a satrical reply in the F4u-4 thread to a guy being an idiot in a decent thrread. coombzy simply got what he dished out returned to him and cant take it.

Actually I went back and looked at the market garden thred and Shida you and  Engfnder were argueming not me. I guess some people have difficulty  telling satire from the real deal. I will note however you Brits do infact seem to spend awful lot of toime being snarky towards Americans  and I know its  a 2way street there so yes I am flippant tpo those that are flippant in themselves.

No more sugar for you young man  :old:

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #978 on: September 12, 2012, 08:28:56 PM »
Everyone sets their own criteria of what is acceptable.

that is true, does not change the fact that just because someone has tatts, it automatically makes them a bad person, I have been discriminated for my ink so many times....... it gets quite old.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #979 on: September 12, 2012, 08:51:21 PM »
that is true, does not change the fact that just because someone has tatts, it automatically makes them a bad person, I have been discriminated for my ink so many times....... it gets quite old.

It doesn't matter if one agrees or not, but each society has a set of norms.  When an individual decides to step outside of what is consider normal, they will be looked upon differently.  If one wishes to set themselves outside of the norm, then they should expect a reaction.  Now don't get me wrong, I have a tattoo myself, and I could care less how much ink someone puts on their body, but anyone going to the extreme should expect a reaction from those who consider themselves in the norm.  Right or wrong it is just basic human behavior within a society.   Classic example is Jane Elliott's Blue Eyes - Brown Eyes experiment.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #980 on: September 12, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
My father told me to shoot first and ask question later and it's worked at 51 years of age living in the number one redneck state there is .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #981 on: September 12, 2012, 10:53:15 PM »
your original quote:

How do you "RAISE" the price of 3rd world manufactured AK's & SKS's smuggled and bought for $45 in any dirt hole around the world?  :ahand

20+ years ago I knew drug dealers, a lot of them, up close & personal, who told me they bought AK's all the time(Used beat-up shooters) south of the boarder for $45 all day long. It was used to make a point. I never said new, nor did I ever say this was your experience. You should never arbitrarily tell someone their knowledge is BS... I have NO idea what you have seen or heard in your life & vice-versa...    :salute

sorry I didnt know you were an expert in gun prices all over the world as you claimed that you can buy one for that price in every crap hole.  see 20+ years ago I lived south of the border and for 45 bucks you could get a .22 handgun.  an ak47 was a premium gun back new or old and sure as heck wasnt going for 45 bucks then and sure as hell cannot be bought for 45 bucks now. 

there's places where ak47's are plentiful but that is not the case  "any dirt hole around the world" as you claim.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #982 on: September 12, 2012, 10:59:37 PM »
It doesn't matter if one agrees or not, but each society has a set of norms.  When an individual decides to step outside of what is consider normal, they will be looked upon differently.  If one wishes to set themselves outside of the norm, then they should expect a reaction.  Now don't get me wrong, I have a tattoo myself, and I could care less how much ink someone puts on their body, but anyone going to the extreme should expect a reaction from those who consider themselves in the norm.  Right or wrong it is just basic human behavior within a society.   Classic example is Jane Elliott's Blue Eyes - Brown Eyes experiment.

Fred

"you laugh at me because I am different....I laugh at you because you are all the same."

not directed at you bm just a great quote  :aok

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #983 on: September 13, 2012, 12:00:30 AM »
:mad: :mad: :mad:

there some discrimination for ya  :aok

LOLOL Ink, we know you have more teeth than tattoos....
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #984 on: September 13, 2012, 12:02:02 AM »
LOLOL Ink, we know you have more teeth than tattoos....

:neener:

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #985 on: September 13, 2012, 01:21:33 AM »
Predjudice is just that, pre judging, my father went into a property wearing his black overalls and gloves, the first person who saw him jumped and said "oh thank god, for a second I thought you were a biker!". :bhead

Some people get tattoo's specifically in order to illicit this kind of response, same way that UK punk movement dyed their barnetts pink and pierced their fisogs in the 80's.
Others have a genuine love of tattoo's and are totally ambivalent about anyone else's perceptions of them.

I have not a single spot of ink anywhere on my body, you cannot after all improve on perfection :banana:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #986 on: September 13, 2012, 01:44:54 AM »
This is untrue don't listen. Danny has a tattoo of himself all over only at 110% larger so he looks bigger.  :old:
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #987 on: September 13, 2012, 01:50:32 AM »
Gun control means using both hands and yeah it works .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #988 on: September 13, 2012, 02:05:32 AM »
This is untrue don't listen. Danny has a tattoo of himself all over only at 110% larger so he looks bigger.  :old:
:rofl
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #989 on: September 13, 2012, 09:45:23 AM »

No more sugar for you young man  :old:

More fish oil for you gramps it will help with the memory! Its not the sugars fault its the coffee!
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep