Author Topic: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?  (Read 16866 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Can Anyone Run MAX Everything?
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2012, 04:20:26 PM »
I tested the environment with a 480 just before I got rid of it. I was not using any shadows and it had no trouble. Okay now that I said that it still keeps you in the dark about a lot of things about the system I was using at the time. What kind of AA and AF and so on?

The best procedure to follow is to set the card to use the application settings. Get the best settings out of AH that you can by adjusting the graphic settings in AH. Finally adjust the settings of the card by setting up an AH profile and then adjust things as I outlined (as a beginning point). If nothing works that way just delete the profile.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2012, 08:57:23 PM »
I tested the environment with a 480 just before I got rid of it. I was not using any shadows and it had no trouble. Okay now that I said that it still keeps you in the dark about a lot of things about the system I was using at the time. What kind of AA and AF and so on?

The best procedure to follow is to set the card to use the application settings. Get the best settings out of AH that you can by adjusting the graphic settings in AH. Finally adjust the settings of the card by setting up an AH profile and then adjust things as I outlined (as a beginning point). If nothing works that way just delete the profile.

Ill try but I suck at setting up profiles.  I'll give her a whirl.  BTW, I have AA in AH at full on the startup menu
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2012, 11:37:11 PM »
You should get greater frame rate if you use the first setting (I think thats x2) and then use the profile to use CSAA x16 (I think it is). I believe the 670 can do that but I dont actually have one.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #183 on: December 21, 2012, 05:43:15 PM »
You should get greater frame rate if you use the first setting (I think thats x2) and then use the profile to use CSAA x16 (I think it is). I believe the 670 can do that but I dont actually have one.

CSAA X16 escapes me.  I can't find that in the nVidia Control Manager anywhere or your acronym sucks, lol.  Last night I just dropped all the settings and it ran at 60-59 all night on the new map but when I first got there it cratered around 43 and got down to 1.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2012, 06:22:39 PM »
In the 3D Settings there should be an Antialiasing - FXAA option. Make sure that is off. Now your video card is hot meaning it will be working a lot harder. Try CSAA x16 to begin with and make sure your FPS does not suffer. This is coverage sampling versus multi-sampling and this is why you buy Nvidia because there is no comparison in the Ati world. That doesnt mean it is better in all things or all ways because of the cost associated with it.

FXAA is the cheapest easiest anti-aliasing you can use. Use that if the other two let you down.
MSAA is the next best thing.
CSAA is all and everything you have but it will cost you power (heat) and possibly performance (fps). It is the best if you can use it.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2012, 07:06:24 PM »
In the 3D Settings there should be an Antialiasing - FXAA option. Make sure that is off. Now your video card is hot meaning it will be working a lot harder. Try CSAA x16 to begin with and make sure your FPS does not suffer. This is coverage sampling versus multi-sampling and this is why you buy Nvidia because there is no comparison in the Ati world. That doesnt mean it is better in all things or all ways because of the cost associated with it.

FXAA is the cheapest easiest anti-aliasing you can use. Use that if the other two let you down.
MSAA is the next best thing.
CSAA is all and everything you have but it will cost you power (heat) and possibly performance (fps). It is the best if you can use it.

There is no CSAA in the control manager.  NO MSAA either.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: December 21, 2012, 07:14:58 PM »
Antialiasing - Mode must be set to overide the application and then the antialiasing setting should show the various modes. It will not show MSAA because that is the default unless you specifically choose a mode marked CSAA.

If you still do not find it then post a screenshot of your antialiasing options.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #187 on: December 22, 2012, 09:52:50 AM »
Antialiasing - Mode must be set to overide the application and then the antialiasing setting should show the various modes. It will not show MSAA because that is the default unless you specifically choose a mode marked CSAA.

If you still do not find it then post a screenshot of your antialiasing options.

Found it but it gives you plenty of warning not to override applications that have built in AA...lol.  Stops just short of saying, "don't be a dumbazz"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: December 22, 2012, 05:00:36 PM »
Well you have already been told how the game is setup. You can either settle for that or try to see what your system is capable of. Blue pill or red.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #189 on: December 22, 2012, 05:49:24 PM »
Well you have already been told how the game is setup. You can either settle for that or try to see what your system is capable of. Blue pill or red.

I changed it.  We'll see what happens tonight.  I have 67 services running too, lmao!  That could be a lot of it.  I have peared it down a lot.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #191 on: January 05, 2013, 06:34:27 PM »
Well, the jury is in on the OP's question.  I can run max everything now.

congrats for ya Gman!

today I logged in to the MA on the map before it was reset, and saw that my fps was dropping down to around 49 ~ 52 range......... I have not bothered to tweak my system or do any cleaning to it in a good while, and we have had several new updates/patches to boot.......

I went and did a little cleaning and did some checking/tweakingon my processes ( btw this is on my Intel i7 system that is linked to back on the 1st page of this thread Note: Midway linked it )

I now have it back to running as I claimed before, with full environmental slider up, 4096 textures 2048 setting before logging in and everything x'ed/checked box turned on/using within the game settings.....  I am still hoovering at 59/60 fps at 1920x1200 1080i @ 60Hz

I did take film & screenshots as well  both in the MA with a bunch of bish and knights around A110  and also in the MW arena I tested and took screenshots as well......... also had the clipboard open to graphic control and the advanced tab open to show what all I had checked / turned up to

I'll see if I can get these pics uploaded to my photobucket either to morrow evening or Monday Morning when I get back home..........

note: I did have to go do a lil process tweaking/cleaning on this system since the last 2 updates, but I now am back to what I claimed originally

also - I have not gotten to experience the clouds as of yet, so I do not know if or how bad that might affect my setup

cheers

hope everyone had a Good New Year ( time bringing it in anyways )

TC ( Johnny )
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #192 on: January 05, 2013, 06:37:45 PM »

Offline Stellaris

• Nickel Member
« Reply #193 on: January 12, 2013, 11:42:05 AM »
I run an i7 2600 stock speed 8GB RAM and a 6970 at 2560x1600.  I run Process Lasso which is set to give priority to Aces High and I can run with all the graphics maxed out and typically get 50-ish fps.  I do not otherwise optimize my system.  Sometimes it gets larded up and the framerate drops, usually when I'm trying to get a sight picture or evade someone at 50 feet.  Frustrating, but rare enough that I can live with it.  When it does drop, turning off self-shadow inevitably gets me back up to nice fast framerates.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2013, 03:09:34 PM »
Hi All,

YMMV, but if your using the new Nvidia 600 sers Kepler GPU's (I got an EVGA 670 FTW w/ 2Gb mem) w/ AHII I found out w/ mine that using the in-game AA setting along w/ the Nvidia driver set to use the application settings for AA, AF & V-synch throws the driver's ability to control the GPU thru the driver's dynamic clock boost/power boost control system off kilter--meaning my 670 tended to have the clock speed of the GPU cut below the base clock speed of 1006 & the speed control was very erratic regardless of the GPU temps being far below the 70*C throttle threshold. The game ran fine as it was but this did bother me.

One day I was bored & thought to try my card w/ the driver set to run it all. So when I reset the in-game AA setting to None, set the card's driver in NCP to override the application settings in AA, AF & V-synch & set everything at the driver's level my 670 now runs flat out in-game at it's highest GPU boost clock rate of 1228 w/ occasional dips to 1150, highest mem clock rate of 3105 w/ no speed dips & GPU temps holding between 55*C-65*C regardless of load---w/ Adaptive power control enabled & card's power offset set at 100% & GPU/mem offsets at 0% (stock settings).

Again YMMV.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd