Author Topic: The Single Best Thing You Can Do As a Pilot...  (Read 3751 times)

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
Re: The Single Best Thing You Can Do As a Pilot...
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 12:07:47 PM »
What if i told y'all i die alot  :neener:
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »
Not only to promote combat, but to add another dimension to the game to expand their market.  I wonder if people really believe that HTC did not think that this game would eventually evolve where there would be dedicated GVers or win the war type.  If they didn't they sure saw the writing on the wall, because they have made an effort to enhance both aspects of the game.

INK, you are contradicting yourself.  The war has no meaning to you, but it sure does to some others.  I believe a number of players feel they are getting their money's worth by playing the win the war aspect of the game.

Winning the war, getting an air or GV kill, are all false wins.  In real life they mean nothing, but it means a lot to the person obtaining their objectives.  Some feel they are getting their moneys worth trying to win the war, others do it air to air or GV battles, some even do a little bit of all three.

:salute

Fred

if you/anyone call bombing static targets and spawn camping a GV spawn fun....well more power to ya :salute

What if i told y'all i die alot  :neener:

so Do I...almost every sortie :D...

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 12:31:12 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl Man, I die so much.........my plane captain makes me carry my tombstone every flight! I never disappoint him! Landings are for wussies, dont you love to hear/ RTB my landing gear got shot!  :rofl :rofl :rofl
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 12:32:56 PM »

if you/anyone call bombing static targets and spawn camping a GV spawn fun....well more power to ya :salute

Never said I did, but I do know a number of players do enjoy it...  So I guess they are playing the game they want to,,, so I would assume they are enjoying it.

Wasn't it you who said "all kinds of ways to play this game, personally I like my way".  I guess I am curious, if their way is different than yours, does that mean they are less of a player, and not having fun?
Fred
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:35:01 PM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 12:57:51 PM »
You can tell which ones are having fun..... they stay a long time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 02:06:48 PM »
Never said I did, but I do know a number of players do enjoy it...  So I guess they are playing the game they want to,,, so I would assume they are enjoying it.

Wasn't it you who said "all kinds of ways to play this game, personally I like my way".  I guess I am curious, if their way is different than yours, does that mean they are less of a player, and not having fun?
Fred
Since he said he didn't understand whey GV's were added, then the answer is yes....
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 03:56:20 PM »
Since he said he didn't understand whey GV's were added, then the answer is yes....

when did I say that?  I am sure GV's were added to open up the market for more paying customers for HTC :rolleyes:

I said I don't know WHEN they were added.... :aok

Never said I did, but I do know a number of players do enjoy it...  So I guess they are playing the game they want to,,, so I would assume they are enjoying it.

Wasn't it you who said "all kinds of ways to play this game, personally I like my way".  I guess I am curious, if their way is different than yours, does that mean they are less of a player, and not having fun?
Fred

yup I have said that...obviously there is.....

by "less"....I wonder what you mean?

I don't think anyone is "less" of a player,skill wise is one thing..but "less important", I am no more important then the next guy....... I know those who bomb static targets/always ganging wont get the same rush as I do.......that has nothing to do with being "less" of a player......like I said if they are having fun....... well more power to them. :aok

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 04:19:44 PM »

I don't think anyone is "less" of a player,skill wise is one thing..but "less important", I am no more important then the next guy....... I know those who bomb static targets/always ganging wont get the same rush as I do.......that has nothing to do with being "less" of a player......like I said if they are having fun....... well more power to them. :aok

they possibly are in their mind .... My nephew played this for a bit and he really liked the game..wishes he could play but is a lazy assed mother#(87.......... let's just leave that there as it is a Whole other story....... but he would gang and ho everything.. run around with bombs blowing things up...he didn't get into the GV's though and was getting all excited about it he was getting all excited about shooting someone down after being the 5-6-7th guy in....I would constantly be saying Dude that sux man.... but still that was his fun....then he came and sat and watched me a few times when I was on the reciving end of what he did/was doing ...( watch pretty much anytime and see the same thing hahaha I always make bad choices and put myself right in it hahahaha) It happened to be a day I was on acm killing wise so it made things so much sweeter..... but he watched and was getting so excited just watching the play unfold.... he was just totally blown away by it... I died but even he could see that there was more to it than that....and he knew I was one to try and get home each time I upped.

Anyway my point is he had no idea about how rushy it can be (yes some will go on about it being only a game...but if you can finish a fight win or lose and have to rest, give the arm a shake run the fight in your head over and over it was great and had an affect whether you want to believe it or not...the game just affected you and your life to some degree......
.He still goes on about the few times he watched ..... and it is all due to the fact he was shown something different which then changed his perception....yes he still likes to blow stuff up but it isn't as wow factorish ...  ..... ebb and flow of things too I spose ... one day I like to do this...next day that ..... but me personally, I fall back to fighting odds and loving it....Base Defense is where it is at for me and my mostest fun  :D .....
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 04:29:28 PM by SPKmes »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 04:58:20 PM »
they possibly are in their mind .... My nephew played this for a bit and he really liked the game..wishes he could play but is a lazy assed mother#(87.......... let's just leave that there as it is a Whole other story....... but he would gang and ho everything.. run around with bombs blowing things up...he didn't get into the GV's though and was getting all excited about it he was getting all excited about shooting someone down after being the 5-6-7th guy in....I would constantly be saying Dude that sux man.... but still that was his fun....then he came and sat and watched me a few times when I was on the reciving end of what he did/was doing ...( watch pretty much anytime and see the same thing hahaha I always make bad choices and put myself right in it hahahaha) It happened to be a day I was on acm killing wise so it made things so much sweeter..... but he watched and was getting so excited just watching the play unfold.... he was just totally blown away by it... I died but even he could see that there was more to it than that....and he knew I was one to try and get home each time I upped.

Anyway my point is he had no idea about how rushy it can be (yes some will go on about it being only a game...but if you can finish a fight win or lose and have to rest, give the arm a shake run the fight in your head over and over it was great and had an affect whether you want to believe it or not...the game just affected you and your life to some degree......
.He still goes on about the few times he watched ..... and it is all due to the fact he was shown something different which then changed his perception....yes he still likes to blow stuff up but it isn't as wow factorish ...  ..... ebb and flow of things too I spose ... one day I like to do this...next day that ..... but me personally, I fall back to fighting odds and loving it....Base Defense is where it is at for me and my mostest fun  :D .....

there is not much quite like it...... :joystick:

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 05:04:04 PM »

not my cup a tea

:D You just made me thirsty
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 05:32:10 PM »
Live, laugh, die, drink, rinse, repeat.

Pretty much in that order.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 06:46:58 PM »

Seems after you quit for a while, you always want to jump into a lead gun position, not sure why - I just couldn't bare to sit in lag pursuit to get a good enough angle, always wanted to go nose front.

Also happens after a bad run of not getting any kills, you start pressing and pulling for the shot. Never ends well for me.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 07:18:41 PM »
:D You just made me thirsty

:D

Live, laugh, die, drink, rinse, repeat.

Pretty much in that order.

soon as I read that, I thought of this

".....Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content."

the great REH

reading his stuff at 11-12 years old had a huge impact on me.....

Conan put his back against the wall and lifted his ax. He stood like an image of the unconquerable primordial legs braced far apart, head thrust forward, one hand clutching the wall for support, the other gripping the ax on high, with the great corded muscles standing out in iron ridges, and his features frozen in a death snarl of fury his eyes blazing terribly through the mist of blood which veiled them. The men faltered wild, criminal and dissolute though they were, yet they came of a breed men called civilized, with a civilized background; here was the barbarian the natural killer. They shrank back the dying tiger could still deal death.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2012, 03:21:10 AM »
Dear God I tells ya, dear god!  :eek: :old:

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2012, 05:48:34 AM »
 :airplane:     Play!!!
When I started,,, the first flight I got a kill. P38 against something.  Promptly landed it and got no.name in lights,,,   I was thinking what the heck!!!!!!!! I could round up two or three
Kills
But could
Not
Land them to get my name in lights for nothing,,,
After a while,  I figured out for me,,,,,,,,   Landing is the most important thing for me
As far as best investment,,, I don't know about today but I have a turtle beach headset  and backup desk speakers for when the wife is away.  S.A.  Is just as important in everything in the game
Next is sounds.    I'm a fan of mitsu's sounds. But may try to get with him or someone else to put together a GV best sounds list

So to recap,,, landing is the most important thing I know of.

This message sent from the comfort of my couch!!   Thanks for all the well wishes,, I think I'm home for a
While now.   Just hope the retirement checks keep my game turned on and running
Flying since tour 71.