Author Topic: British Soldiers Killed  (Read 1572 times)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
British Soldiers Killed
« on: September 16, 2012, 11:25:51 AM »
2 soldiers were killed yesterday at a checkpoint in Helmand province. They were from 3rd Btn Yorkshire Regt. The murdering piece of crap that shot them both was wearing Afghan police uniform and they ran to his aid when he feigned an injury. How is anyone supposed to fight an insurgency campaign when you spend as much time looking over your shoulder at your"allies" as much as you are at your enemy?
 :salute lads, rest peacefully.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:27:31 AM by danny76 »
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: British Soldiers Killed
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 11:28:40 AM »
 :salute
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 11:29:29 AM »
 :salute you brits
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 12:04:03 PM »
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 12:26:41 PM »
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 12:57:21 PM »
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 02:12:10 PM »
 :salute :pray
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 02:14:05 PM »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 02:44:07 PM »
=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »
 :(

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 04:41:55 PM »
interesting choice of words...got me thinking...on the one hand, I can see how murdered is applicable because the soldiers weren't engaged in combat and, as danny said, considered the guy to be an ally rathe than an enemy

on the other hand, does killing a member of an armed force that has invaded and occupied your homeland count as murder? it's a tricky one

maybe some of this guy's family were collateral damage and he considers them to have been 'murdered' by occupation forces.

if my country was invaded i wouldn't balk at any measures, however deceitful, to hurt the enemy. i'm sure most of you would do the same if it was the UK or America under attack :old:

How is anyone supposed to fight an insurgency campaign when you spend as much time looking over your shoulder at your"allies" as much as you are at your enemy?

isn't the very definition of fighting an insurgency campaign that this kind of thing will happen and you therefore have to spend a lot of time looking over your shoulder and mistrusting everything and everyone?

« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 04:46:13 PM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 04:43:03 PM »
 :salute :pray
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 05:19:48 PM »

if my country was invaded i wouldn't balk at any measures, however deceitful, to hurt the enemy. i'm sure most of you would do the same if it was the UK or America under attack :old:

I would, absolutely no doubt. Infact we would go further and make sure we took out more than a few checkpoint gaurds. And we would make every effort not to die ourselves. By most western standards of warfare what this taliban man did was practically suicide for little result. A common enough statement in invasion defence warfare ever since we threw the first rocks. The sadness is that two men died in war for a country. It is a useless persuit by the media or anyone to decide that it was an underhand act of so called civillized warfare because it changes nothing. If the two men had died in an honourable fist fight with fair rules it would be no less of a loss.

I may have a reasonable salute for them this month
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X56lK-sh7oY
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 05:29:50 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 06:34:08 PM »
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 07:18:17 PM »

If the Islamists, like the Taliban take over your country, let's  hope the USA doesn't come to your aid by "invading" your country.  I will be okay with the placement of your people into forced servitude, taking away your freedoms, not allowing your daughters any rights or an education.  Sharia law will be okay for you, as long as we don't invade.  If they want to allow Al Qaeda free reign, so be it.  We won't invade.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"