Author Topic: .DT Command Enhancement  (Read 363 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
.DT Command Enhancement
« on: September 17, 2012, 05:52:49 PM »
I love the new query command ".DT", it is a quick way to determine how long a specific item will be down at the designated Field. I would ask for one minor enhancement, allow the status of all field categories (auto ack, field guns, Fighter/Bomber/Vehicle hangers, etc.)  to be queried by simply specifying the Field ID, i.e. ".DT F27". THis would provide a quick response list of all Field conditions. :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: .DT Command Enhancement
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 05:59:10 PM »
town too? that will scroll quite a bit..
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 08:25:47 PM »
I've piddled with it a bit with little satisfaction due to my ignorance: HTC uses their lingo to refer to the elements that would interest us most.  I don't know the lingo.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 09:42:52 PM »
I've piddled with it a bit with little satisfaction due to my ignorance: HTC uses their lingo to refer to the elements that would interest us most.  I don't know the lingo.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,338592.0.html

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 12:35:32 AM »
town too? that will scroll quite a bit..

Yeah, but it would be nice to have one "designator" that brought up All the base items. Now for a town you have to check "flg" to see if the flag is white, "gng" to see if the ack is down, and just "twn" to see how much time remains on the buildings. Or take a Vbase, "gng" to see if the ack is down......... you get my drift.    :)
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 03:27:37 PM »
For years HTC has been asked to create some kind of a drop down list for each feild's status in a piciune granular format. The (.dt) command is the closest but, the OP seems to have found the use of it a bit involved. It looks when using it more like an Admin\CM command line tool to keep track of target statuses in a war senario. Opposed to an average player's game enhancemnet tool that HTC decided would be OK to reveil online to the players as part of revamping STRAT's role in the game.

Why not go for the brass ring and ask for an advanced button in the drop down you get after you right click on the feild name to look at it's general status? When you click on the advanced button you get a full object list and each object's status.

As is I'm not sure how usefull this tool is to the majority of our twitch and shoot style of players. This seems more of a stratagy or bomber oriented player's personality type slide rule toy to entertaine his need for complexity. It could be presented to the whole game population in an easier to digest format from a mouse click.

But, then masters of the keyboard have always had a certain muppet like mystique in that relm of the digital universe over mouse clickers even if the results are the same. It's not like /root access would be given to a mouse click. Just more easily accessed information to average users.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »
For years HTC has been asked to create some kind of a drop down list for each feild's status in a piciune granular format. The (.dt) command is the closest but, the OP seems to have found the use of it a bit involved. It looks when using it more like an Admin\CM command line tool to keep track of target statuses in a war senario. Opposed to an average player's game enhancemnet tool that HTC decided would be OK to reveil online to the players as part of revamping STRAT's role in the game.

Why not go for the brass ring and ask for an advanced button in the drop down you get after you right click on the feild name to look at it's general status? When you click on the advanced button you get a full object list and each object's status.

As is I'm not sure how usefull this tool is to the majority of our twitch and shoot style of players. This seems more of a stratagy or bomber oriented player's personality type slide rule toy to entertaine his need for complexity. It could be presented to the whole game population in an easier to digest format from a mouse click.

But, then masters of the keyboard have always had a certain muppet like mystique in that relm of the digital universe over mouse clickers even if the results are the same. It's not like /root access would be given to a mouse click. Just more easily accessed information to average users.

+1 Bustr, I could live with that. :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76