Author Topic: First Person Shooter  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
Re: First Person Shooter
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2012, 08:25:11 AM »
Would that be similar to a prerequisite? I buleev is a gud addij wen ritin posts abot spellerin too b verry verry carefull wiv yer own :old:

:O      :rofl
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2012, 09:45:46 AM »
:headscratch: Huh?

:cheers: Oz

13*
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2012, 10:30:39 AM »
I hope you are one of the 13 yr olds not wearing a parachute.

:O

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2012, 11:35:43 AM »
The concept I have always wanted to implement, but I am short some character animation stuff to do so dancing troops was the first piece, was that when you drop troops on the ground (still npc) it opens a spawn into into an underground bunker complex that you use player controlled troops to  complete the capture or defend the capture.

The aspect that this idea has going for it, is that it isolates the mechanized world I.E. planes & tanks and a huge world graphics, from the solder fighting.

HiTech

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »
The concept I have always wanted to implement, but I am short some character animation stuff to do so dancing troops was the first piece, was that when you drop troops on the ground (still npc) it opens a spawn into into an underground bunker complex that you use player controlled troops to  complete the capture or defend the capture.

The aspect that this idea has going for it, is that it isolates the mechanized world I.E. planes & tanks and a huge world graphics, from the solder fighting.

HiTech

That sounds like a cross between DOOM and Medal of Honor.  It also sounds awesome!  :aok
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2012, 12:11:42 PM »
Well if you haven't already if your looking for a game like Aceshigh 2 and some FPS game. Just play Arma 2, it's really good. Don't buy it though, wait until Arma 3 is out.

I would be interested in a cool FPS kinda thing where you walk out of the tower and hop in your plane. Have a picture on your planes dash with gum on the back of it. Just little things don't go whole D-Day invasion yet.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2012, 12:15:03 PM »
A free to play first person shooter aspect to aces high.....
think about it.....
20 goons carrying 200+ machine gun carrying 13 year olds jumping into a town.....
then you sit there in a tiger and blow them away.......

8 different threads on first 2 pages started by you. ease up kid let some credible requests come through  :cheers:
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2012, 12:19:58 PM »
That sounds like a cross between DOOM and Medal of Honor.  It also sounds awesome!  :aok

I would bet a year of AH subscription that if someone other than HT had posted that kind of thinking, we would already have 2 pages of "squeaker go back to your x-box" posts  :devil
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »

I would bet a year of AH subscription that if someone other than HT had posted that kind of thinking, we would already have 2 pages of "squeaker go back to your x-box" posts  :devil

So true, but HT thinks things through a little better than most squeakers (even if his spelling is only on par with them).  ;)

I would rather more efforts were made to bring all the old planes up to date (and for that matter: everything done before the F6F-5, if I can be greedy about this) but this idea could generate more subscriptions to keep our cartoon planes flying.

The thing that I'm not sure about is that the above world rug (your base) could be pulled out from under you, without you knowing there are troops pillaging your command bunker.  The current method of troops running to the map room at least gives you a heads up, as well as a chance to stop them.  I don't care who has the most bases; but also don't want to be on final approach (with no enemies in sight), while 50 XBox squeakers storm the map room. 

p.s.  I have an XBox - and squeak too.  :joystick:

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2012, 12:46:37 PM »

Hitech is God here, we don't say anything to make him mad.   :uhoh      :salute
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2012, 01:36:20 PM »

You were spot on :aok
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2012, 02:32:57 PM »
Personally i like the idea of joint mechanized and infantry battles. My idea would be to use the same town and map room set up for base caps like we already have, but with a few major changes:

1) a player (either attacker or defender) using a troop carrier (c47, lvt, m3) arrives on location. The player then drops a spawn point instead of AI troops. The spawn point is a doppelganger representation of the actual player-controlled troop carrier. If found, spawn points may be destroyed by any reasonable means to prevent more spawns.
2) each spawn point is only good for a fixed number of spawns (e.g. Jeep=3 infantry, apc=10 infantry, goon= stick of paratroopers). On the country map, a player will select a tab to "show troop spawns". When the player spawns in to the fake troop carrier, the player will then be able to select a kit (GI, AT, engineer, machine gunner).
3) troops and spawn points will not be identifiable from any mechanized vehicle (except a storch, perhaps). Only troops will be able to ID other troops as friend or foe.
4) a town must still be white flagged and have all major AA guns destroyed in order to cap the map room. However, there may be additional troop-controlled positions and defenses that do not necessarily need to be destroyed to allow a cap.
5) in order to cap a field, an attacking trooper must fight his/her way into the maproom and hold it for a certain amount of time. (Required number of troops in the maproom for a change can also be adjusted).
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2012, 02:58:59 PM »
I still think a FPS aspect of AH will not be a good thing.....to many great FPS's out already, unless what can be done competes it will be a dud.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2012, 03:03:55 PM »
200+ machine gun carrying 13 year olds jumping into a town.....
then you sit there in a tiger and blow them away.......

I like this part

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2012, 03:13:30 PM »
So true, but HT thinks things through a little better than most squeakers (even if his spelling is only on par with them).  ;)

I see noting wrong with hi s spelling.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep