Author Topic: Last time USA defeated the queens navy?  (Read 7597 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: Last time USA defeated the queens navy?
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2012, 09:33:17 AM »

And you would not put syrup on meat products :old:

Have you tried it?  also I say we blame the canadians
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2012, 09:38:12 AM »
Hell yea i chug maple syurp!  :aok
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2012, 10:14:45 AM »
Yet the USA did not occupy what was to become Canada.

USA did not occupy Canada, Britian didn't conquer US. Stalemate. What else would you call it when neither side accomplishes the goals set out at the beginning of the campaign.
Elsewhere in 1812. Wellington captured Ciudad Rodrigo, marched south and captured Badajoz, marched north and defeated Marmont at Salamanca, mached south to liberate Madrid. Then marched North east and failed to capture Burgos so retreated to Ciudad Rodrigo. History remembers the campaign as 'Inconclusive' because he failed in his goal of beating the French.
If we take this, then the war of 1812 was inconclusive as well, or a stalemate.
you have to remember Britian had been at war with France for nearly 20 years at this point. 20 YEARS! Imagine! Some of the soldiers fighting in the war had never known peace! There was a great weariness towards war, even with France by 1812. Then a country that is still young tries its hand.
Another thing that can not be over stressed concerning moral towards the war is the fact that America is also an English speaking country. It is very hard to count someone who speaks your own language and looks like you as an enemy. The French were easier. They spoke a differant language, but the americians spoke English as well, so a lot of people found it hard to count them as enemies.

The Americians like to think of it as a Victory because they survived, but look at it. They invaded Canada, were beaten, pushed back, lost they Gonvernment building (The White house) lost several major cities were pushed back to New Orleans where they defeated the British, then pushed them back.

Sounds like a stalemate to me. Beaten, Pushed back, Held, Countered, Held. = Stalemate

The British hardly know the war, due to the fact that, as has been mentioned many many times, it was a sideshow to Napoleon. Napoleon was the big bad Corsican Tyrant. The main enemy. In WW2, who was the main enemy? Hitler or Mooslini? Both Countries fought, so why is hitler considered the main enemy? Simply because they was the worst threat.
War of 1812, Napoleon was the biggest threat. Therefore America was nothing more than a sideshow to the French Wars.

Gsholz, You seem to know a bit about the war, have you studied it? If so where did you study?
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2012, 10:20:23 AM »
Are you sure there was a battle in 1812, I think it was just an overture:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0BLK4rs0Sw
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline madhogg

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2012, 12:23:15 PM »

There are other lists you don't do so well on.

Shhhhh! Dont tell them that they do not know   :neener:

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2012, 03:04:42 PM »
.... :O :D That was the best 1812 overture ever.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:08:50 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2012, 05:24:16 PM »
Are you sure there was a battle in 1812, I think it was just an overture:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0BLK4rs0Sw

Ironically in light of this thread that overture commemorates a very different battle; the defense of Russia from the invasion of Napoleon. Once again the little Frenchman takes the spotlight. ;)
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2012, 05:25:43 PM »
Gsholz, You seem to know a bit about the war, have you studied it? If so where did you study?

Afraid not. I haven't done any serious study on the war of 1812 beyond reading a few books.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2012, 06:18:50 PM »
Ironically in light of this thread that overture commemorates a very different battle; the defense of Russia from the invasion of Napoleon. Once again the little Frenchman takes the spotlight. ;)

I know  :lol
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2012, 08:02:59 AM »
:rofl

yea yea yea, shuddup.  Compared to some of the spelling on this board, one or two mistakes in a post is a very well written post  :aok :P
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2012, 10:10:44 AM »
yea yea yea, shuddup.  Compared to some of the spelling on this board, one or two mistakes in a post is a very well written post  :aok :P

Sorry... It hit my funny bone just right.. ;)

You may not have been around when Brady5 was a regular player and poster, but his spelling and grammar was astounding....

A typical example....

Brady 5 writes: "Sweat Jesius!"
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2012, 10:18:10 AM »
I don't remember Brady, but seeing some of the other grammer here, it's horrific! Makes me laugh sometimes. Plus I can never get my head around That-Italian-guys-name-I-Can't-Spell and how to spell it :)

Offline madhogg

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
Sorry... It hit my funny bone just right.. ;)

You may not have been around when Brady5 was a regular player and poster, but his spelling and grammar was astounding....

A typical example....

Brady 5 writes: "Sweat Jesius!"
:rofl

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2012, 12:42:51 PM »
In a nutshell.

US goes to war against Canada and England.

US loses war against Canada and England.  However because the great Irish descendant and future president Andrew Jackson enlisted the help of local Pirates in New Orleans, he was able win total victory in that battle.  Shortly after that, the guys we sent to negotiate peace returned so the headlines read like this.\

Jackson Defeats the English.
The War is Over.

This is why most americans don't realize we lost that war and Canada and England won.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.