Author Topic: Houston officer kills double amputee in wheelchair  (Read 2653 times)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Houston officer kills double amputee in wheelchair
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2012, 09:48:33 PM »
Hamhawk why don't you re-read the thread and see who starts name calling, you or me? :)

Hint: it was you

gg
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 09:55:10 PM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2012, 09:56:51 PM »
What I get a kick out is how those who were not there and have never worn the badge/shield/star of a LEO are the most vocal about how evil, lazy, zealous, and otherwise such horrible human beings.

First, remember that hindsight is 20/20.  Second, do your best to visualize a shiny object flashing around in someone's hand as it swings close to you, you first though is to "not get cut or stabbed" (trust me, I've been there).  Thirdly, do not discount anyone that in "confined" to a wheelchair, crutches, or other such typical hindrance since they are accustomed to being able to move such things in manners in which those of us who don't use them or know nothing about them.  Case in point: my wife (a nurse) was pinned to a wall by a wheel chair "piloted" by a pissed off elderly man, he knew how to get the leverage using the wheels and his weight, my wife had some nice bruises on her lower legs when it was all over.  This guy had the LEO cornered and was swinging something shiny at him trying to do him harm.  Sure, in hindsight we think he could have used a taser, or OC, or the Asp baton, or some other tool but he didnt.  Now we as "the people" may need to decide if he went too far in the use of force.  Until he is found guilty of that I will give the LEO the benefit of the doubt because I have walked a mile in his shoes.  Those of you who have not need to shut your pie holes, sit back, and get back to pickin' your nose and eating the profound discoveries of your life quest.

The best "discussions" of this topic are that involving the Rodney King fiasco.   :aok  THAT is a fun issue to educate people on.   ;)    
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2012, 10:02:28 PM »
Coombz, in situations like that, hesitation can kill. Had the officer hesitated, the man could have lunged at him, and maybe the knife would have connected that second time.

By the simple fact that the man tried to stab the officer, the man's life is worth a fraction of the officer's safety.

And the officers life? Its easily 100 orders of magnitude more valuable than the life of the bellybutton who tried to stab him.

sit on your favorite desk chair and using only one leg try to lunge at anybody without using your hand.  see how far you get.  I tried it now you try it and see how far you can stab somebody.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2012, 10:26:09 PM »
Hamhawk why don't you re-read the thread and see who starts name calling, you or me? :)

Hint: it was you

gg
Your offended about Hitler or libtard? I accreditied the libtard to the person who named you a liberal so I didnt name call I quoted. Poor Editorial skills stike again coombzy.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:29:16 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2012, 10:30:00 PM »
Couldn't care less, just pointing out that your whining about name calling is hypocritical BS :)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2012, 10:31:21 PM »
sit on your favorite desk chair and using only one leg try to lunge at anybody without using your hand.  see how far you get.  I tried it now you try it and see how far you can stab somebody.

semp

Semp you know your beer belly got in the way.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2012, 10:32:23 PM »
Couldn't care less, just pointing out that your whining about name calling is hypocritical BS :)
Yet I never name called soo.... your point is completely asinine :aok You can't throw out nonfact and expect the world to eat them up Coombz
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2012, 10:37:14 PM »
What is calling ink a coward then?

Ugh this is beyond sad arguing about such things

I actually have not name called in this thread but i will now. You are like a child. What's that old saying about arguing with idiots? They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2012, 10:41:30 PM »
What is calling ink a coward then?

Ugh this is beyond sad arguing about such things

I actually have not name called in this thread but i will now. You are like a child. What's that old saying about arguing with idiots? They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
LOL once again showing your editorial skills , how do you keep employment? How did you even get out of school with such poor comprehension skills? Pehaps it is you that should reread this thread?

By context sinceyou say my posts are retared you are saying my thought process is  so you are asyaing I am.
each of your posts is more retarded than the last,

really as stupid as you are coming off in this thread  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:47:53 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2012, 10:47:13 PM »
LOL once again showing your editorial skills , how do you keep employment? How did you even get out of school with such poor comprehension skills? Pehaps it is you that should reread this thread?

and you with your superior education type this paragraph.  oh and go back and count how many times you have insulted me even though i have yet to say anything about you.

LOL coombzy your still not answering the question and Ink it's easy to say something on a internet board I dont think you have ever stood for anything in your life(see easy) Lol cowardly?  Yeah you know me. I think both of you are the cowards infact I know it since almost all of your posts resort to name calling lol if you had any SHRED of dignity or self confidence you would not have to resort to childish name calling, if an opinion differs than yours its cowardly. or moronic or idiotic lol just so ignorant I can't even imagine how timid you are in real life. Grow up even though you guys want to name call I still think somewhere in you is a decent guy with a little humility and less ego. I'm not saying offing this guy was cool death never is but I'm not going to sit here and be a computer chair judge the guy attcked and got put down plan and simple.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2012, 10:49:41 PM »
and you with your superior education type this paragraph.  

semp

Lol  I never claimed to have a superior education Semp. I just know I am entittled to an opinion and that some people will point fingers a cry villian if they dont like someone's opinion.  You guys are not going to change my opinion that the cop is justified from what is in the report. I also will not change your opinion(atlease one side has to have reson and humility). Nor, have I attadcked your opinion as being wrong as a opinion can not be 'wrong'
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:51:39 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2012, 10:58:23 PM »
This will be my last post in this thread
Pointing out that you are making stupid posts is not an ad hominem attack

gg

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2012, 10:59:43 PM »
This will be my last post in this thread
Pointing out that you are making stupid posts is not an ad hominem attack

gg

For someoe who has problems with context and  comprehension I would expect such a defense of thier actions. good thing you know when to cut your losses. You never did answer my question AGAIN.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:05:36 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2012, 11:17:31 PM »
What I get a kick out is how those who were not there and have never worn the badge/shield/star of a LEO are the most vocal about how evil, lazy, zealous, and otherwise such horrible human beings.

First, remember that hindsight is 20/20.  Second, do your best to visualize a shiny object flashing around in someone's hand as it swings close to you, you first though is to "not get cut or stabbed" (trust me, I've been there).  Thirdly, do not discount anyone that in "confined" to a wheelchair, crutches, or other such typical hindrance since they are accustomed to being able to move such things in manners in which those of us who don't use them or know nothing about them.  Case in point: my wife (a nurse) was pinned to a wall by a wheel chair "piloted" by a pissed off elderly man, he knew how to get the leverage using the wheels and his weight, my wife had some nice bruises on her lower legs when it was all over.  This guy had the LEO cornered and was swinging something shiny at him trying to do him harm.  Sure, in hindsight we think he could have used a taser, or OC, or the Asp baton, or some other tool but he didnt.  Now we as "the people" may need to decide if he went too far in the use of force.  Until he is found guilty of that I will give the LEO the benefit of the doubt because I have walked a mile in his shoes.  Those of you who have not need to shut your pie holes, sit back, and get back to pickin' your nose and eating the profound discoveries of your life quest.

The best "discussions" of this topic are that involving the Rodney King fiasco.   :aok  THAT is a fun issue to educate people on.   ;)    

Just to clarify, you do understand it was not the "cornered/threatened" LEO that shot him (in the head) - don't you?

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2012, 11:34:19 PM »
its pretty rediculas to shoot a man in a wheelchair period! the second cop could've knocked him over and cuffed his hand to his leg. problem solved. did he really have to shoot him? i don't care who you are, cop or not, there is absolutely no way to justify that action, even if lefty was being belligerent, there's no justification for it! they might as well have shot a dog! if the guy had a gun or a knife, ok fine, im good with that, but a wheelchair bound,1 arm, 1 leg amputee? really?? come on!