Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 5195 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2012, 09:42:39 PM »
The point is that it could all add up. Theres creatures with symbiotic relationships, and parasites in real life. Why can't it happen in TV?

I mean toejam, the entire premise of the show is based on a parasitic virus!
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2012, 10:17:21 PM »
If they are already carriers, then why do they get a raging fever that burns them out and kills them, when they get bitten...?
Another incongruity in the story line..

Remember the guy they left against the tree, bitten? And the black Guys wife in the First episode, bitten???
Since they are already infected, I think that being bitten has nothing to do with the zombie virus. I think of the zombie bites in this series more like that of a Komodo dragon's. So much bacteria in their mouth that it causes a lethal infection when bitten. Imagine how much bacteria would be in the mouth of a dead creature feasting on anything that moves.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2012, 10:23:01 PM »
Plus the fact that it's a TV show for entertainment, not a fact based documentary.  Quit analyzing and just enjoy the dang show. :rolleyes:
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2012, 11:05:12 PM »
Someone wants to be a walker... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4awVqRr1eCo  :rofl

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2012, 06:38:26 AM »
Since they are already infected, I think that being bitten has nothing to do with the zombie virus. I think of the zombie bites in this series more like that of a Komodo dragon's. So much bacteria in their mouth that it causes a lethal infection when bitten. Imagine how much bacteria would be in the mouth of a dead creature feasting on anything that moves.

Rgr, I see what you are saying.. Makes sense..

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2012, 07:25:47 AM »
Now my posts have an 80 character limit??? Pathetic!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2012, 08:42:01 AM »
Have comics...

Read them...

Must refrain from commenting...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2012, 08:47:35 AM »
Have comics...

Read them...

Must refrain from commenting...

Must refrain from paying $15 bucks a month too then??? LOL!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2012, 09:25:28 AM »
Must refrain from paying $15 bucks a month too then??? LOL!

Please elaborate...

I could very much like to LOL along with you...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2012, 03:28:13 PM »
Stabbing into the forehead with a knife obviously too short to reach the Medulla/brainstem..
Not to mention stabbing thru the hardest part of the skull, no small task!
According to the comics, zombie bones get weaker over time. At this point most in the prison would have skulls as tough as heavy duty cardboard. Too tough for fists or kicks, resiasant to blunt instruments, but blades will puncture them without much effort.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2012, 05:28:03 PM »
According to the comics, zombie bones get weaker over time. At this point most in the prison would have skulls as tough as heavy duty cardboard. Too tough for fists or kicks, resiasant to blunt instruments, but blades will puncture them without much effort.

a pair of these would make short work of their skulls...or one in the right hand a large shield in the left and a suit of chain mail or plate mail armor

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2012, 09:33:46 PM »
a pair of these would make short work of their skulls...or one in the right hand a large shield in the left and a suit of chain mail or plate mail armor

(Image removed from quote.)
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2012, 11:33:36 PM »
Oh my leg Ouch,ooo,eee,ahhhh,owiee. :uhoh :confused: :cry :huh :ahand
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2012, 04:25:42 AM »
Plus the fact that it's a TV show for entertainment, not a fact based documentary.  Quit analyzing and just enjoy the dang show. :rolleyes:

yes i remember the last zombie epidemic we had.  only bites could infect people.  this show is not based on reality :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2012, 06:08:45 AM »
Even though the CDC doctor told Rick that everyone is affected, that may only be his theory.  Shane did turn into a zombie after death with no visual markings of an infected bite or scratch that we saw on the episodes to support that assumption.

The writers of the show may have a surprise in store for the mid season finale or the end of the season finale.

I'm still betting on the shaved head woman who likes Darryl to be the next major person to die.  The season opener gave you the impression it might be someone else but 2nd episode hasn't aired yet.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?