Author Topic: Potential Billion Dollar Storm  (Read 4242 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Potential Billion Dollar Storm
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2012, 09:19:44 AM »

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2012, 09:29:46 AM »
We lost power last night around 9 as we got home from picking up a few necessities at KMart.  Plenty of candles and blankets got us through the night but will be grabbing some ice and begin filling coolers at lunch break today.  I don't expect power to be restored for a few days.

Of course work has power..... :furious

Its the opposite for me. I never lost electric at home and they dont know when the power will be back up at work.
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2012, 09:59:14 AM »
Its the opposite for me. I never lost electric at home and they dont know when the power will be back up at work.

your works got no electricity? i'm ok here at the shop. customers that live behind the coastline bar up the road, some had it, some lost it.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2012, 10:02:09 AM »
My golf net blew over and there is a 2 foot stick in my driveway.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2012, 10:06:33 AM »
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2012, 10:56:02 AM »
your works got no electricity? i'm ok here at the shop. customers that live behind the coastline bar up the road, some had it, some lost it.

If we get a light breeze the electric goes out there.
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Gustav

• Copper Member
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2012, 11:14:25 AM »
its cleared up here, maybe a few more sprinkles.

Other than it being cold now Sandy wasn't bad for us. :)

I also wish you guys up north luck as you guys have to see her all up close and personal.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2012, 11:28:12 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I've understand fruit and marshmallows, but why put cars in cherry JELLO?
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Chugamug

• Zinc Member
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2012, 01:17:19 PM »
I'm in Bayville across the bay from seaside heights, NJ and aside from the neighbors trees in my yard and no electric everything is ok. After the lights went out last nite, the sky was lit up with bright green flashes from transformers shorting out. While north of me in Ocean Gate there were two fires that made the sky glow orange, very ominous. My mother and sister's family live in Pt. Pleasant Beach west of the rt 35 bridge on the manasquan river, and i haven't heard from them today at all. Nobody is allowed on the barrier islands yet so we wait for the tide to go out and see what happens. I got my boat out of the water on Sunday, i had to wait for the tide to go out then too, the dock was under about a foot of water at high tide and barely went out because of the wind. I hope it didn't float too far away, it was only across channel drive from the marina on blocks.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2012, 02:06:54 PM »
My power went out at about 10:30 last night and literally just came back on within the last 3-4 minutes  :confused:  :furious
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2012, 04:20:17 PM »
My golf net blew over and there is a 2 foot stick in my driveway.

I'll be praying for you in these trying times. :pray
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2012, 04:22:19 PM »
If we get a light breeze the electric goes out there.

that's usually how it is where i live. and i can look 2 blocks away, and see the entire street lit up.  :bhead

ive got customers all over cherry hill though with no electricity. they're all scrambling for generators, and you and i both know that no one has any worthwhile generators in stock right now.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2012, 05:01:19 PM »
My coworker and I bought generators while we were overnight in Illinois. No chaos or panic to speak of and we had our pick of sizes. There were also fuel cans available.

If there was a generator of any quality for sale within 100 miles and 24 hours of landfall I'd be amazed.

I was lucky. Power stayed on and only one leaky spot I managed to fix 10 minutes after catching it.  All's well.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2012, 05:35:05 PM »
My coworker and I bought generators while we were overnight in Illinois. No chaos or panic to speak of and we had our pick of sizes. There were also fuel cans available.

If there was a generator of any quality for sale within 100 miles and 24 hours of landfall I'd be amazed.

I was lucky. Power stayed on and only one leaky spot I managed to fix 10 minutes after catching it.  All's well.

there wasn't around here.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2012, 05:36:15 PM »
going on 25 hrs with no power, bsmt got about 2ft of water...heater and hot water heater are toast. Lost a few trees in the yard. Trying to save my  laptop and mifi batteries.....will post more later.

Alot of those friends i was mentioning in my earlier posts (the ones in Jersey giving me the weather info) have lost everything..homes, belongings, boats etc etc.....keep them in your thoughts or maybe say a little prayer for them................Id sure appreciate it guys  :salute

Matt

Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.