Author Topic: Equipment to improve AH play  (Read 5891 times)

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
Re: Equipment to improve AH play
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2012, 12:44:15 AM »
3up if you are interested I can send you my profile.  I forgot how I did it but there's a bit of dampening in it so when you aim you are allowed some small movement without trakir interfering with your gun sight.

semp

Thanks Semp, that would be greatly appreciated - I imagine it can be attached to an e-mail to my hotmail address in profile.

Many thanks - 3Up
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2012, 08:54:16 AM »
Semp, I would like a copy as well if you don't mind. I stopped using my trackIR due to light issues in my computer room. Now that i have them fixed of like to give it a go again.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2012, 10:14:34 AM »
I guess I may have to give Track IR another shot.  I tried it about four years ago, and didn't really care for it so I sold it, but with the new generation I may have to give it another shot.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »
will upload it to mediafire tonight and post the link.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2012, 04:05:42 PM »
Lazer did claim he was flying with a mouse.

To be fair the mouse was sedated and sat in his lap. His stick (hehe) was in his right hand and his throttle in his left.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2012, 08:33:40 PM »
here's a link to my trakir profile.  this isnt mine I copied it from somebody else, but I forgot who.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?kwndou3zc19bdqz

anyway i find it easier to play with speed at 1 and smooth at 10.  camera brightness is 255, light filter threshold is 240, ir brightness is 0, video processing mode is prescision and precision mode smoothing is 100.00

hope it helps.

semp

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2012, 07:57:25 AM »
Thanks, I'll grab that when I get home.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2012, 08:41:06 AM »
8) Chess timer 15min blitz mode.... keeps track of VH down time....

Been at this since 2002 and AW prior.   Used a Baby Ben, but it broke.  Have been using cell phone of late.  But, ty ty; can use my chess clock.  A way cool Insa.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »
not sure if Shane did, but I think Lazer did :headscratch:

I tried with a mouse and just kept crashing it :rofl

Never used a mouse. Kudos to those who can.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2012, 02:25:05 PM »
Never used a mouse. Kudos to those who can.

ya no doubt...I tried, kept crashing  :rofl

Glad to see ya back, hope things are good for you and yours :salute

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2012, 10:35:45 AM »
Could you tell us a little more about this. I am very interested. I am in the same boat, never going to remember or have time to type dot commands for a lot of functions while in the MA. (There's 2 high P51s, a co-alt Spit and I'm going to type a squelch command?) Keyboards are cheap so I can afford to get another one. But I want to make sure I understand. I thought it would not matter what keyboard you had plugged in. All keys mapped the same, unlike the joysticks. Am I wrong, does the game recognize different keyboards?
Thanks!

5) Have 2 pos 32key keyboards programmed to different planes and things like move, squelch, modes, gas level, planes, different auto pilot modes,
   bomb load out, salvo etc etc. I find this much easier to cope with then dot commands....(try to spell squelch when your irrated and in a hurry.
   ManAWar has his own button..... Oh and if you have a small choice of wingman you can program dot commands onto a key to make one button press
   wingman selection.

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »
this is what he's talking about see that white box in front of my center screen.  that was made by 68valu using an old 3d pro joystick.  I use it to map things that dont fit on my other controllers and are not normally used for fighting, such as jumping from plane to plane, opening bomb doors, calibrating bombs, gear and tail hook up or down, etc.

semp

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2012, 07:10:14 PM »
Actually, when he wrote "pos keyboard", I think he is talking about "Point Of Sale" programmable keyboards as discussed here:

http://www.techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/General/ControlsAndCockpits/JoysticksControlsAndFlightSimCockpitsFullPage.htm

...Take a look at the last video clip link on that page, where it says "Special Programmable Keyboard". These things make an AWESOME enhancement to Aces High. I have 3 of them and wish I had more.

Texasfighter wrote "I thought it would not matter what keyboard you had plugged in. All keys mapped the same, unlike the joysticks. Am I wrong, does the game recognize different keyboards?"

The game doesn't need to recognize different keyboards, because these "POS" keyboards are reprogrammable in hardware, so you can make any key (or any group of keys) generate any keystroke or series of keystrokes that you find convenient!

:salute
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 07:15:20 PM by bbosen »