Author Topic: Politics in the MA's  (Read 2992 times)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Re: Politics in the MA's
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 02:07:19 PM »
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 02:09:40 PM »
I am amused when someone feels they know more than others about politics.  I just like to know where these folks are getting their information if is not from the media.  All information comes from the media in one form or another.  I don't think anyone in this world has enough connections where they can have access to every political back room.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 02:13:11 PM »
PorkyPig/FiberOne for President/Vice President  against Really/0hReally in Aces High.

Let the voting begin
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 02:15:20 PM »
 :noid :noid :noid :noid Really?  :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 02:19:57 PM »
+1

Everyone see's the world differently. different opinions and beliefs. Circumstances in there lifes which determine what they believe. Political talk should kept in PM or vox and not on 200 or country. On AH there are to many people that think it's wrong because it's not there belief or choice. And thus a simple friendly discussion turns into a heated debate followed by insults and arguing when viewed the the community. A warning followed by action would be a great addition  :rock

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 02:21:37 PM »
personally I enjoy reading all the moronic comments and the crying, it makes me feel much better about myself

it's going to get even sweeter in a few days, that's for sure :)
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 02:47:56 PM »
personally I enjoy reading all the moronic comments and the crying, it makes me feel much better about myself

it's going to get even sweeter in a few days, that's for sure :)

HeHeHe  :aok :cheers:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 03:24:33 PM »
after Tuesday it wont be a discussion, one side will be whining other side be bragging

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 03:26:44 PM »
does not matter who anyone votes for...it is already decided who will be the next figure head.....and thats all they are.

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 03:37:52 PM »
Really if you have enough time to actually keep up with a long conversation in the text buffer you need to find a fight and get in it...

Durned buff drivers anyway :) :bolt:

Offline PorkyPig

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 03:42:12 PM »
PorkyPig/FiberOne for President/Vice President  against Really/0hReally in Aces High.

Let the voting begin

I am PorkyPig and I approve this message!
It's such a b-b-b-b-beautiful day in the n-n-n-n-neighbord!

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 04:07:38 PM »
I am amused when someone feels they know more than others about politics.  I just like to know where these folks are getting their information if is not from the media.  All information comes from the media in one form or another.  I don't think anyone in this world has enough connections where they can have access to every political back room.

Fred

Oh, I agree.  Educating people in the merits of party platform and how it relates to real issues make for great discussions, especially with people who "are in the know" when in fact they've been brainwashed in to thinking a certain way by whatever venue happened to get in their head.  In regards to people who are able to make decisions based not on a news network, it it amazing what text books and research of political theory can teach a person.  When there are people who respond "I vote the X party because they are for the little guy", or "I vote for Y party because they are better for business", etc, etc, a simple question to them such as "Why do you think that?", provides a lot of information that has been taught and perpetuated by the media that is incorrect to begin with.

When the media reports something the first thing an educated person will do is deduct what is opinion and speculation, and apply what they individually know as being true to the situation regardless of personal feelings.  It is unfortunate that the news media has gone from reporting a news story to instead telling a story about an event.  Also, having knowledge of other cultures and even differences in regional culture (Alexandria, Egypt vs Benghazi, Libya), will help in deducting falsehoods and speculation vs reality.  So it isnt so much as having connections to every political backroom, but knowing rather how things work and do not work, and know what is Hollywood and what isn't.         

Keep in mind that I personally do not try and change someone's belief, I simply try and make them dig a bit for information other than the mainstream media, go out and learn why things are the way they are.  Once they understand they views usually follow right along with them.   :aok
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 04:19:56 PM »
 :noid :rolleyes:

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 04:30:20 PM »
Don’t confuse educated and intelligent and treat them with the same reverence.
Educated just means you stayed in a role long enough to pass a series of tests. That’s perseverance. Intelligent is a product of your DNA milkshake. That’s fate.
But wise, that’s the one. The wise one sees through it all – use wise.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 05:10:18 PM »
i just .report them

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.