Author Topic: Politics in the MA's  (Read 2995 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Politics in the MA's
« on: November 05, 2012, 08:42:13 AM »
When Obama was elected in '08, I remember Skuzzy posting in his purple text a warning regarding NOT discussing politics in the MA's, period, or fear the ban hammer.  I'm proposing HTC start early with their warnings.

While I love to engage someone in a political discussion (have a minor in Political Science, missed a full fledged B.S. degree by 3 credits), notice I said "discussion" and not "debate", I too would like the MA's to remain free of such political jibber-ish.  I'd like for HTC to have a kind reminder in the "Arena Message" for when players start up the game to leave the election madness back in real life to head it off at the pass so it is stopped before it begins. 

Politics is a very funny thing albeit being very nasty.  Otto Von Bismark, the father of modern Germany once said: "There are two things the public should never see: the making of sausage and the making of laws."  Fraternities and sororities usually have a standing rule as well: "There are 2 things brothers (and sisters) never speak of amongst themselves: religion and politics".  In my studies and throughout all my conversations with people regarding politics a few things have been clear: most people do not understand the complexity or depth in which the levels of government work or interact with each other, including the difference of federal, state, and local governing "rights".  On the same token most people do not really understand party platforms and the basis in which those platforms are built on.  Further more, most people are not educated enough in what goes on behind closed doors in a state legislature or even the US Congress to understand what they are voting for.  The sad thing is most people reply on the mainstream media for their "facts" and we all have seen how twisted, wrong, and corrupt they can be (ABC News edited the 911 tape of the Trayvon Martin's shooting completely out of text to show guilt of George Zimmerman, etc, etc).

Anyways... back on track-

HTC... PLEASE put a friendly reminder in the Arena Message making it taboo to speak of the elections.  Keep Aces High as it should be: enjoyable.  Thanks.

-BudGray       

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re: Politics in the MA's
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 09:12:47 AM »
IN
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 10:18:39 AM »

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »
I mostly agree though almost to the other end. This election is running very tense. I would allow for a warning or two then hammer them. If not, we may as well turn 200 off until Friday, unless heaven forbid we have another hanging chad recount circa 2000 Florida...

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 10:52:28 AM »
I am voting for Roosevelt :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 10:55:36 AM »
I am voting for Roosevelt :old:

Ted or Frank?
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 10:57:28 AM »
Susan :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 10:59:01 AM »
most people do not understand the complexity or depth in which the levels of government work or interact with each other, including the difference of federal, state, and local governing "rights".  On the same token most people do not really understand party platforms and the basis in which those platforms are built on.  Further more, most people are not educated enough in what goes on behind closed doors in a state legislature or even the US Congress to understand what they are voting for.  The sad thing is most people reply on the mainstream media for their "facts" and we all have seen how twisted, wrong, and corrupt they can be (ABC News edited the 911 tape of the Trayvon Martin's shooting completely out of text to show guilt of George Zimmerman, etc, etc).

Always good to be reminded how ignorant I am.  Thank you for lighting up my world.

- oldman

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 11:19:02 AM »
Susan is Ted's great-granddaughter. 

Vote for Susan + Ouija Board = Ted

:noid 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 11:19:43 AM »
Just add the names "obama", "romney" and the other big names to the "banned text" file.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 11:39:21 AM »

Always good to be reminded how ignorant I am.  Thank you for lighting up my world.

- oldman

Read up  :)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 11:40:09 AM »

- oldman

He said 'most people' - he couldn't have been referring to you, Oldman.   You are a rare combination of congeniality, intelligence, and skill.    You are not most people, I assure you.

<S>, sir!

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 12:12:30 PM »
My wife is writing in Harrison Ford.  He did great in that movie,...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 01:43:31 PM »
no political discussions....ok....lets talk about religion then.................LOL :eek:

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 01:58:15 PM »
no political discussions....ok....lets talk about religion then.................LOL :eek:
Sounds like sombody just found Jeebus.  :devil
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com