Author Topic: Politics in the MA's  (Read 2994 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Politics in the MA's
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2012, 06:34:54 AM »
Its a disgrace the US says its a democracy but why am I not allowed to vote for the next President :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2012, 07:11:37 AM »

most people do not understand the complexity or depth in which the levels of government work or interact with each other, including the difference of federal, state, and local governing "rights".  On the same token most people do not really understand party platforms and the basis in which those platforms are built on.  Further more, most people are not educated enough in what goes on behind closed doors in a state legislature or even the US Congress to understand what they are voting for.  The sad thing is most people reply on the mainstream media for their "facts" and we all have seen how twisted, wrong, and corrupt they can be (ABC News edited the 911 tape of the Trayvon Martin's shooting completely out of text to show guilt of George Zimmerman, etc, etc).

so we're too stupid or dumb to rationally discuss politics? thank you for pointing that out to us common folk. I'm glad we have smaht peoples like you looking out for us poor, under or uneducated folk!

oh yeah.........IN!

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2012, 11:08:12 AM »
Its a disgrace the US says its a democracy but why am I not allowed to vote for the next President :old:

The US is a Constitutional Republic.  It is a form of democracy, but not an absolute representation like in parliamentary governments.  Surely you knew that.   ;)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2012, 11:17:38 AM »
What we really need is a benevolent dictator.  Emperor Skuzzy!  :old:

Or we could just exhume Millard Fillmore for his long overdue second term.  :aok
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2012, 11:18:49 AM »
so we're too stupid or dumb to rationally discuss politics? thank you for pointing that out to us common folk. I'm glad we have smaht peoples like you looking out for us poor, under or uneducated folk!

oh yeah.........IN!

Oh no, not at all.  I'm not calling anyone "stupid" or unable to discuss rationally the issues of politics.  Quite the contrary.  Most people once engaged and at least hear why a stance is the way it is by a political party they at least think "what and why?".  My point was that there are a great many people who do not know what they are voting for only that "their parents voted that way so they are too", or find some other stigmatic label and apply it to a specific party when in fact it certainly is not true in the least bit.  When I have conversations and discussions with people from both sides of the spectrum I do a very good job at being the devil's advocate. I get accused of being a sympathizer for the "other" side but in fact I'm very much a Constitutionalist/Centrist.  The most entertaining thing is to point out the hypocrisy in political platforms and then let people try and explain their way around it.  :D  

Oh... and what do you mean "IN"?  I'm not seeing any violations, I have yet to see an endorsement or actual political discussion/debate.  This is about the topic of, not the issues within.   :aok            
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2012, 11:19:51 AM »
Also, no matter how much a person learns there is one thing that can not be taught.  Anyone guess what it is???

In the 31 years that Mrs RTR and I have been married she has never been able to learn to close the kitchen cupboards. I have lumps and scars on my head that were not there 31 years ago.

So I say that closing cupboard doors can not be taught, or learned.

RTR
The Damned

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2012, 12:27:04 PM »
Oh... and what do you mean "IN"?  I'm not seeing any violations, I have yet to see an endorsement or actual political discussion/debate.  This is about the topic of, not the issues within.

You can never be certain of this.  I posted a thread about the F35, and how NATO countries like mine were going about acquiring it.  Nothing political at all, other than the mention of the word "NATO" in a few spots.  The post got locked for a #14.    "It was not the topic, it was the reference to political bodies, such as NATO and political leaders that got it killed", exact quote.  So if THAT can draw the wrath of a #14, how can a thread like this NOT?  

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2012, 12:40:11 PM »
A Honey Pot to collect the politcaly inclined and their greifers in which to allow reasonable steam to blow off while management keeps an eye on things during a very emotional and historic day in the life of the U.S.A.

Might as well let you get it out of your systems and not have to go hunting for one target at a time with the MOD Hammer or Ban Stick. This makes a perfictly good dear stand.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2012, 12:41:24 PM »
Voted.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2012, 01:05:25 PM »
The US is a Constitutional Republic.  It is a form of democracy, but not an absolute representation like in parliamentary governments.  Surely you knew that.   ;)

I rang up the White-house and told them I owned a Ford car,ate McDonalds and paid a subscription to AH which thus contributes the the well being of the US :old:

They told me I had to be a American to vote, its a disgrace :old:

The GFC

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2012, 01:05:32 PM »
Voted.

Me too.  We could vote on POTUS, then our lone representative to Washington, then on to SD Legislature seats (1 sen and 2 reps per district), Public Utilities Commissioner, retain a district judge (or not), then a yes/no vote on 4 SD Constitutional Amendments.  Quick and easy and pain free, I was in and out in about 3 minutes.

Offline 68EZPkns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2012, 01:16:29 PM »
Vote to legalize weed!And free zinc for all.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2012, 01:24:35 PM »
Is Zinc good for rashes?

The GFC

Offline PorkyPig

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2012, 02:04:24 PM »
Oh no, not at all.  I'm not calling anyone "stupid" or unable to discuss rationally the issues of politics.  Quite the contrary.  Most people once engaged and at least hear why a stance is the way it is by a political party they at least think "what and why?".  My point was that there are a great many people who do not know what they are voting for only that "their parents voted that way so they are too", or find some other stigmatic label and apply it to a specific party when in fact it certainly is not true in the least bit.  When I have conversations and discussions with people from both sides of the spectrum I do a very good job at being the devil's advocate. I get accused of being a sympathizer for the "other" side but in fact I'm very much a Constitutionalist/Centrist.  The most entertaining thing is to point out the hypocrisy in political platforms and then let people try and explain their way around it.  :D  

Oh... and what do you mean "IN"?  I'm not seeing any violations, I have yet to see an endorsement or actual political discussion/debate.  This is about the topic of, not the issues within.   :aok            

P-P-P-Porky for P-P-P-President! of Aces High!
I am PorkyPig and I approve this message

:devil :D :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :D :devil
It's such a b-b-b-b-beautiful day in the n-n-n-n-neighbord!

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2012, 02:10:16 PM »
Sorry I find it ironic that we have to endure endless hours of mindless blather and BS from the likes of WHO...MaNAwar and BONG yet one mention of a current event political candidate and BOOM the Ban stick........................ ....just sayin :eek:

This!