Author Topic: Red Dawn  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
Re: Red Dawn
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 03:57:12 AM »
The Book was written at the same time as Red Dawn. So it really isn't a rip off.

THAT SAID

it sucked.... hardcore.... I wanted to watch my countrymen get mowed down by MG fire.... purely because the idea of us repelling a chinese invasion is so ludicrous that I can't begin to describe it..... not as ludicrous as the NKA invading the US however....
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 04:30:38 AM »
That's what I got from "Tomorrow, When the War Began"; I really didn't get the impression that the Australians put up much of a fight... It was hopeless, and while brave, those kids were going to die sometime soon.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 04:42:54 AM »
At least they didn't care about PO'ing the Chinese since it is clearly J-10s shooting down the RAAF F-18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjCxqftHSc4
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 07:29:42 AM »
I can tell you right now, the Aussies definitely WOULD, put up one HELL of a fight. Trust me, anyone here who has met some of our guys knows how tough they are. Their primary training partner is the USMC.

To quote a USMC Major in Australia

"If the Aussies don't get you, the wildlife will"

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 07:47:05 AM »
I can tell you right now, the Aussies definitely WOULD, put up one HELL of a fight. Trust me, anyone here who has met some of our guys knows how tough they are. Their primary training partner is the USMC.

To quote a USMC Major in Australia

"If the Aussies don't get you, the wildlife will"

Aussies gotta be tough, dealing with what you guys do everyday :aok 

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 08:17:54 AM »
.... purely because the idea of us repelling a chinese invasion is so ludicrous that I can't begin to describe it.....

I can tell you right now, the Aussies definitely WOULD, put up one HELL of a fight.

Contradiction?

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 10:31:28 AM »
 I say F*** the Chinese Government.

Fixed that for ya!   :salute
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline BreakingBad

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 11:39:33 AM »
That new Red Dawn?

Is that the one where the US gets invaded by millions of starving North Koreans?

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 12:16:57 PM »
Contradiction?

You miss the context, he is saying the idea of China invading Australia is ludicrous, that it would not happen, not that Australia lacks the will to repel an invasion.

Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 02:24:20 PM »
You miss the context, he is saying the idea of China invading Australia is ludicrous, that it would not happen, not that Australia lacks the will to repel an invasion.

Oh I'm sure China has no interest what so ever in Australia. Nope, should be fine.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 02:28:59 PM »

Yeah, I misread that.

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 03:51:35 PM »
A. China is fed by us. So they aren't likely to invade.

B. Us repelling a Chinese invasion should it occur, is impossible until the US Navy turns up. (I know people are expecting my pride to get in the way, but I'm being logical, with firepower numbering 2 million strong heading at us... an army 10% the size of my countries population is going to wipe us out)

C. That being said. The Australian military is at least in the top ten most modern and well trained fighting forces in the world. Our ratio in my opinion compared to Chinese troops would be at least 4 to 1. But as I said, when your country only has roughly 200,000 fighting men and women total across all three services... it ain't enough.

As for resistance. If assisted by allies, the Australian population could wage one HELL of a guerrilla war, myself being one of them. If I wasn't already killed as a member of the ADF.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:53:19 PM by Plawranc »

Offline BreakingBad

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 04:23:12 PM »
As for resistance. If assisted by allies, the Australian population could wage one HELL of a guerrilla war, myself being one of them. If I wasn't already killed as a member of the ADF.

Unfortunately the Chinese would mop the floor with Australia.  The Lithuanians would too for that matter.

During the first wave the enemy would air drop thousands of cases of beer.  Once the Australians learned of the free beer, they would proceed to get completely inebriated.  Then during the second wave they just walk in an take over C&C centers, communications and distribution hubs.  Game over.  :banana:

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 05:19:37 PM »
The only logical means for the Chinese and North Koreans being able to invade another country would be this.

Deep in the Himayalas, secret underground aircraft hangars housing thousands of 4 engine cargo planes and tactical fighter aircraft would be used to transport manpower and material hundreds of miles to their targets.  They could roll Taiwan, Japan, Philippines, Malayasia, Eastern Siberia, South Korea and Northern Australia inside of 24 hours with coordinated attacks via aircraft and paratroopers.

The single Chinese aircraft carrier would be steaming all over South China Sea launching coastal attacks with the help of the Asian Pirate gangs and being able to deny US aircraft carriers from entering the same waters.

In reality, they could never sustain the ability to handle all of that for more than 2 months.  Our B-2s and F-117's would continually take out Chinese and North Korean targets every night.  B-52 raids would shell shock so many that white flags would pop up so quickly.  Once the USMC showed up, all resistance would be futile.

Just enjoy the film for the sure entertainment of a what if scenario happened.

Until the Chinese develop sharks with lazer beams, I think we will be safe,
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 05:46:46 PM »
During the first wave the enemy would air drop thousands of cases of beer.  Once the Australians learned of the free beer, they would proceed to get completely inebriated

That would work about as well in Australia as it would in Canada.  It is based on the assumption that beer will make them less combat effective.  Beer makes people of both countries stronger and more willing to fight.  You might as well spike their rations with PCP.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11