Author Topic: Fixing bombers  (Read 6178 times)

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
Re: Fixing bombers
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 04:19:04 PM »
I say get rid of formations its not possible in real life so why is it in game After all it is suppose to be a combat Sim  Flame on :bolt:
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 11:29:02 PM »
    So you want three chances AND otto autogunners to fill in for missing humans??  Um, no.

Sure do. :P  It was on the assumption that formations would be gotten rid of as well.   :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 12:10:39 PM »
So make bailing out take 5 seconds per crew member, regardless of plane... once you start your bail you lose control of the aircraft...

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 04:11:04 PM »
I agree with everything except for the bomb and bail
It should be like a C47 were if you spawn back in the bombs dissapear

I dare say that this would not change any behavior.

I of course dare say this, because this is the way it all ready works.

HiTech

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 04:25:19 PM »
I say get rid of formations its not possible in real life so why is it in game After all it is suppose to be a combat Sim  Flame on :bolt:

bomber formations weren't possible in real life?  I seriously hope you weren't trying to claim that and the translation was lost in your poor writing.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 04:37:58 PM »
bomber formations weren't possible in real life?  I seriously hope you weren't trying to claim that and the translation was lost in your poor writing.

ack-ack
what I mean is the pilot should only be able to fly one plane.  what I mean is there should be no drones

He who must not be named

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 05:14:17 PM »
what I mean is the pilot should only be able to fly one plane.  what I mean is there should be no drones

Then it would be a good idea to actually type what you mean.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 08:17:17 PM »
Then it would be a good idea to actually type what you mean.

ack-ack
I am a mentally handicaped 15 year old i dont proof read sorry if i am annoying to you guys sheesh

He who must not be named

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 09:16:02 PM »
I hate the Lancastuka attacks as well as the up a set of buffs from the airfield, get to a 1000 ft and then just drop all your bombs on a spawn point to just get a few GVs as much as anyone else, but I will also say that if someone can outfly you in a Bomber than your doing something very wrong. I have on a number of occasions ran into a pilot in a lone Lanc outturn me or do some kind of Hail Mary type of manuever and end up with a PW or running into said plane and I used to get so upset and blame that pilot for "cheating" or some other BS...then as time went on  realised that I was to blame for allowing it to happen in the first place. Get used to it cuz there is nothing that is going to change it. I learned to just slow down, gain a little alt, then come back and send that plane down in a blaze of glory and then offer a  :salute.
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
I am a mentally handicaped 15 year old i dont proof read sorry if i am annoying to you guys sheesh

I don't think lazy qualifies as a mental handicap, but I have been out of the medical field forever so I could be wrong.
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 12:58:52 PM »
I don't think lazy qualifies as a mental handicap, but I have been out of the medical field forever so I could be wrong.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 04:18:48 PM »

i am lazy yes but i really am mentally handicapped sorry for the hijack

He who must not be named

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 03:23:22 PM »
:airplane: Just to set the record straight: in WW2, all bombers, no matter which type, had a 3 aircraft "element", and it took 4, 3 aircraft elements to make a squadron combat box in the air! If you had say, 48 aircraft in a Group wing, then you would have 4 combat boxes, flying in formation as one defensive unit. I think what you meant to say, one pilot can't fly 3 aircraft at once, but Aces High did this correctly, with the 3 aircraft element because of the bomb loads required to "kill" hangars and etc. Example, if your took 6, 1,000 lbers in a B-17, you could only kill 2 hangars! With the 3 aircraft element, you would have at your disposal, 18, 1,000 lbers, hence, you could kill 6 hangars!(From a 79 year old, ex Air Force bomber pilot)
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 04:24:06 PM »
:airplane: Just to set the record straight: in WW2, all bombers, no matter which type, had a 3 aircraft "element", and it took 4, 3 aircraft elements to make a squadron combat box in the air! If you had say, 48 aircraft in a Group wing, then you would have 4 combat boxes, flying in formation as one defensive unit. I think what you meant to say, one pilot can't fly 3 aircraft at once, but Aces High did this correctly, with the 3 aircraft element because of the bomb loads required to "kill" hangars and etc. Example, if your took 6, 1,000 lbers in a B-17, you could only kill 2 hangars! With the 3 aircraft element, you would have at your disposal, 18, 1,000 lbers, hence, you could kill 6 hangars!(From a 79 year old, ex Air Force bomber pilot)

i know but there was only one plane each plane had a different pilot that is my point right now one pilot can fly three planes

He who must not be named

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 06:59:46 PM »
The abilities of the bombers online versus fighters online is directly relative to the real world. I know this because I researched it quite thoroughly in coming up with the way I attack bombers (modifed 12 o'clock express is what B-29 gunners called the attack).

If a bomber is attacked properly (and by properly I mean with at least one wingman and by experienced fighter pilots) then it is exactly as pointed out already very easy to kill any bomber. If you attack one alone at high altitude then the bomber can easily out turn any fighter. So either way you need to demonstrate great patience. If you lack the experience then go look for easier targets.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.