Author Topic: Has Trinity been pulled?  (Read 5877 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Has Trinity been pulled?
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2012, 06:17:41 PM »
Trinity is the best map in the game.  air, land, and sea battles anywhere you want them. I hope it isn't really out of rotation.

Trinity is likely not the map you're thinking of then - especialy the whole "any-type/place/where/time free, fair, and happy loving times" part. 

Trinity's still out of the rotation why do that without adding a new one ?
 :bhead

It was bad.

Quote from: dictionary.com
Bad
/bæd/ Spelled [bad] adjective, worse, worst; ( Slang  ) bad·der, bad·dest for 36; noun; adverb.
adjective 
1. not good in any manner or degree.
2. having a wicked or evil character; morally reprehensible: There is no such thing as a bad boy. 
3. of poor or inferior quality; defective; deficient: a bad diamond; a bad spark plug. 
4. inadequate or below standard; not satisfactory for use: bad heating; Living conditions in some areas are very bad. 
5. inaccurate, incorrect, or faulty: a bad guess.

Why?

I thought it was definetley not good; not enough CVs, bugy and gamey vehicle spawns, 10k canyons and 20k mountains to encourage plenty of spontaneous action across the fronts, a neglected ignored and overlooked tank town and assets in the center middle, overlapping towns on bases, absence of shore batteries for costal defense of bases, wide spread of air bases... 
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2012, 06:56:08 PM »
Lower the mountains by around 8k and perhaps it would be more fun.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2012, 07:23:59 PM »
Dodger is a HOing scrub and can't even kill me, and I suck

I doubt he could put a single ping on Greebo

How funny!!  You can't even fly your spits much less an F6F, lol!!  I doubt seriously if Dodger HOs....a family member may have been using his account but Dodger HO?  Naa, no way.  Nice try though. 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2012, 07:29:08 PM »
I would expect nothing less than for one scrub to stick up for another

Busting out the 'it was someone else flying on my account' on his behalf is a bit rich though ;)  Perhaps I'm being subjected to one of AoM's epic trolls  :rofl
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:30:56 PM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2012, 07:29:11 PM »
Trinity is likely not the map you're thinking of then - especialy the whole "any-type/place/where/time free, fair, and happy loving times" part. 

It was bad.

I know exactly which map I am talking about. Trinity is the best map in the game by far.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2012, 08:18:23 PM »
I know exactly which map I am talking about. Trinity is the best map in the game by far.

not even close.

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2012, 09:00:46 PM »
Bring Trinity Back...have heard more people asking for it now that it is gone  :airplane:
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2012, 10:52:23 AM »
Still happy it's gone.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2012, 11:12:16 AM »
please do not bring trinity back
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2012, 02:21:57 PM »
bla bla bla bla,bla bla....bla!  :furious bla bla bla.  :rock
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2012, 03:14:46 PM »

Trinity is the best map in the game.  air, land, and sea battles anywhere you want them. I hope it isn't really out of rotation.

Why?

I thought it was definetley not good; not enough CVs, bugy and gamey vehicle spawns, 10k canyons and 20k mountains to encourage plenty of spontaneous action across the fronts, a neglected ignored and overlooked tank town and assets in the center middle, overlapping towns on bases, absence of shore batteries for costal defense of bases, wide spread of air bases... 

Why?  You makes no sence.

The (large) map is roughly 33% water, yet each side only gets 4 CVs, 2 for each front and with starting postitions (at closest) 8-setors away.  The few and far sea battles are maybe only awesome because the 10k canyons and 20k mountains on the starting front lines are so conducive to plenty of spontaneous action on the fronts or lack tehre of?  I assure you, it is not from it's generous supply of CVs for sea battles and engagements, although I agree with you that when they do finaly arrive the action is best to be had on the map.

Land battels are a joke on trinity.  The towns overlap many bases, necesitating deacking and often flattening all hangars before base capture is possible.  Many bases do not have dynamic vehicle spawns available, in that after defending they can go offencive.  Of the few dynamic spawns, and especialy along the front lines, there are gamey and unrealistic spawns that for the most part shouldnt be in the MAs (they also only exist on two of the three fronts, and they are unbalanced - both valid reasons to not be in the MA.).  If instant tank action is wanted, there are bases for it inthe DA.  If gamey spawns so tank duels across a canyone and fron two mountains is desired - go make a custom terrain and host a private arena.  The MAs are for MA gameplay.

Air battles... until you break through teh fronts along the 20k mountain ranges and 10k canyons, are few and far between compared to many other maps available in the rotation.  The few choices at the onset funnels most air combat into specific and confined areas... a waste for such a large map, really limiting player's choices, and mostly causing a concentration that many (especialy this weekend!) voice much disdain over in the MAs.  If you don't like feeling constrained and limited in what options you can make - don't look to Trinity.

Still happy it's gone.

bla bla bla bla,bla bla....bla!  :furious bla bla bla.  :rock

Preciseley, chers!  :cheers:   :banana:
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2012, 03:17:10 PM »
Bring Trinity Back...have heard more people asking for it now that it is gone  :airplane:

I've heard whines, nothing legitimate or of substinance.  The rare and few that go more than 7-8 words deep in responce I find are wrong or.... well, wrong.

Trinity was bad, mkay.
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2012, 04:50:24 PM »
People are more likely to be vocal about something they are against than something they are for. If those who want Trinity back are now making themselves heard more, then the reverse would be true if Trinity did come back. Personally I hope they do bring it back but only if they drastically lower or cut canyons through the annoyingly high border mountains. Also they should expand the front line area with a few island airbases.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2012, 10:37:07 PM »
I would expect nothing less than for one scrub to stick up for another

Busting out the 'it was someone else flying on my account' on his behalf is a bit rich though ;)  Perhaps I'm being subjected to one of AoM's epic trolls  :rofl

You might be...except that Dodger isn't a Muppet and doesn't care or participate in trolls as evidenced by his whopping 134 total posts on the BBS.  Either way it doesn't much matter...no one pays much attention to ya anyway...I put you in the category of "you sound bitter".  Fly more...you'll get better.  :rofl :rofl

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:39:36 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2012, 10:56:03 PM »
lol this guy is real mad
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.