Author Topic: I want to subscribe... but...  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: I want to subscribe... but...
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 07:18:51 PM »
I don't know how it is in New Zealand, but in the US, you can get pre-paid credit cards from grocery stores and drug stores.  You can get a credit card with $50 in it, say.  You can use it for purchases, but it will work only up to that $50 limit.  Once it is out of money, there are no additional bills or money that you are obligated for.

Spyrox, if you do get a subscription, I invite you to try out the special events "This Day in WWII" (next one runs on Dec. 7th) and scenarios, which are historical events.  We'd be very happy to have you fly with us in them.

Some examples of past scenarios are here:

http://electraforge.com/brooke/flightsims/scenarios/scenarios.html

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 07:21:38 PM »
I'm from NZ too, and I'm struggling to understand your angst.

Pay or do not pay, there is no possibly pay.
Retired

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 07:23:22 PM »
I don't know how it is in New Zealand, but in the US, you can get pre-paid credit cards from grocery stores and drug stores.  You can get a credit card with $50 in it, say.  You can use it for purchases, but it will work only up to that $50 limit.  Once it is out of money, there are no additional bills or money that you are obligated for.

exactly what I was thinking :aok  I think some you can add money to also, so if you wanted to join pay the subscription and say next month you cant, you just dont have to add money to the card.  I used to use one like this years ago before I got a credit card

Offline Spyrox

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 08:00:23 PM »
Okay, I'm just considering subscribing normally, and perhaps emailing hitech to only charge me for the one month? Not sure if they would like this, but if all goes well, I may continue into the next month. (I will see how I enjoy the game again before sending the email). Hopefully I'll be flying later on in the day. :)

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 08:08:44 PM »
man you will love it! :aok  the people here are awesome :rock

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
Re: I'd Like to subscribe but...
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 08:46:20 PM »
In the past, HTC would give you an extra month if you prepaid 6 months in advance.
Not to thread jack, but are there any official pre-pay options for savings?

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 10:08:31 PM »
Spyrox, I invite you to join us in a little over a week for a Pearl Harbor event.  (It will not have the US only in AA positions -- is more of a "what if" the US hadn't disregarded radar reports.)  It runs in Special Events II arena on December 7 at 8:30 pm Eastern US time (which is 2:30 pm on December 8 for New Zealand).

Offline Spyrox

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »
I have subbed, the normal way, and so far I have been shot down like 8 times to my one kill and one assist lol.

To early to tell if I will continue my sub.

Uhm looking forward to pearl harbour event if I can make it, it sounds great.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 10:27:48 PM »
Spyrox, if you give me a date and time, I can assist you in the Training Arena.

A few minutes with a Trainer can be extremely valuableas the masses in the Main Arena won't review the dogfight in slow motion, but will end the fight as fast as they can.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 10:29:21 PM »
I have subbed, the normal way, and so far I have been shot down like 8 times to my one kill and one assist lol.

Actually getting one kill for only eight deaths ain't that bad for the beginning. Seriously.  :aok
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 12:32:39 AM »
ive been sending htc 2 quarters a day in the mail for 10 yrs now :)  .........(J/K) wonder if that counts if you do a pay ahead plan lol

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 12:38:30 AM »
Not even going to read this . You want to play you got to pay . You will find that in many ways of life . We got people in our squad that pays and don't even play . Don't be cheap if you like something .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 12:44:38 AM »
Might a little late here but unless something has changed you can prepay via check with out giving HTC a credit card.  I played this way for many years back when I started out and was a poor college student.

http://www.hitechcreations.com/HiTech-Creations/Customer-Relations/htc-prepay-form.html

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 12:52:34 AM »
Get a green -dotcard or so called money pack and then pay .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Spyrox

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 01:03:09 AM »
Spyrox, if you give me a date and time, I can assist you in the Training Arena.

A few minutes with a Trainer can be extremely valuableas the masses in the Main Arena won't review the dogfight in slow motion, but will end the fight as fast as they can.

Would be very happy to do this, I will most likely be available anywhere from mid day tomorrow for at least 12 hours, you will probably be in Bed right now.

Not even going to read this . You want to play you got to pay . You will find that in many ways of life . We got people in our squad that pays and don't even play . Don't be cheap if you like something .

Flench, this is why you should read before you post in a thread.

The whole thing was, yes I want to play, and yes I'm willing to pay, which I have done so now, I just was a bit on edge about it automatically billing me every month.