Author Topic: Run90 Defensive Tactic (Video!)  (Read 1420 times)

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
Re: Run90 Defensive Tactic (Video!)
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 01:37:02 PM »
That looked like some Area 51 thrust vectoring experiment.
  :noid  :bolt:

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 02:53:24 PM »
I have some of the same issues with 190s mostly. Doesn't seem like they should even be flying. I thought you did the right thing by pulling up to reduce speed and then coming down on him, the bigger target.

I've always tried to fly smooth.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 03:03:31 PM »
The REAL question here is who was flying the P-51B... because, as EVERYONE has been told you're just a pick and run ganger... and it looked like you were alone, using flaps...

So, who WAS that?!

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 03:12:43 PM »
That video cracks me up  :lol
-AoM-

Offline Sg11

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 04:08:17 PM »
I think you were brave. I would never fly after a guy with enemy rounds barely missing my plane for such a long time. :salute

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »
I see this from knights so much I can tell you who the pilot is without seeing the AH film.

Thats not stirring but he did cost you a lot of ammo and he got you in a sticky position if nothing else. I usually tickle this fellow with a good burst and look for a different target. He usually heads right home and lands.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 04:36:16 PM »
The REAL question here is who was flying the P-51B... because, as EVERYONE has been told you're just a pick and run ganger... and it looked like you were alone, using flaps...

So, who WAS that?!
True point. All i have seen from Pand was something entirely different and i did not like it, to phrase mildly.
Maybe i was wrong, maybe not. Still waiting for a good DA match to see what he knows and what i dont.
AoM
City of ice

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 04:46:55 PM »
definitely not stick stirring.......and there was no major negative G sustaining.....I would not doubt this can and was done in TRW....in a last ditch trying to save your bacon situation......

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2012, 05:40:13 PM »
The Negative G's this guy was pulling could not be sustained by any person without going into a Red out.
Air Force/Navy pilots are trained to sustain up to Positive 7-9 G's generally, that is a lot and more than almost any untrained person could handle without blacking out.
Negative G's are a whole different ball game, I do not know as much but I can tell you at Negative 3-5 G's you will be in so much pain or going into Red Out, no way you would be able to do this time after time, even if you are a trained pilot.  he's pushing Negative 5+ G's easily by the looks of it.

Anyway, my point, it could definitely not be done IRL pushing that many Negative G's that many times in a row. Not to mention you'd probably puke doing all the rolls with it as well  :lol
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2012, 06:48:43 PM »
Youtube's security certificate has expired.  It's asking me if I'd rather watch Carl Sagan's Cosmos.

Which is a pretty good program at least.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline zarkov

• Copper Member
      • http://N/A
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 11:21:00 PM »
Could this all just be an artifact from the game's smoothing code?

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 02:14:36 AM »
Fast roll without losing altitude,specially at treetop level at 500mph+, together with unchallenged ability to lose speed in turns, forcing overshoot is best way of surviving in an FW A-series.
Some planes can dive with a A8, but most can not maneuver with them at 550mph+.

Sometimes I land more auger kills than gun kills, scraping off Pony's in the trees rolling @500 mph +
One short negative G while rolling vertical down, while gaining speed agianst  pesky K-4's is another favourite, when closer to the ground pull up, fully trimmed up and see the ex-pesky K-4 making a beautiful hole in the ground.

If you don't want to see 190s in AH, ask for reduction of roll rate of 190s, and you will see no 190-A series there any more.

They cant run from 51s, some 47s, yak's,  Lala's, f4u's and some spits, they  cant turn sustained with anything that resembles a fighter ( and many/most bombers (!),  reducing roll rate would be an effective 190-killer in the game. They cant zoom good , and climb sux 4k-8.5k.

I see more pull-pushers, and fish-floppers from late Spit-series planes, than I ever did from 190s in the MA.

I have some of the same issues with 190s mostly. Doesn't seem like they should even be flying. I thought you did the right thing by pulling up to reduce speed and then coming down on him, the bigger target.

I've always tried to fly smooth.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:26:37 AM by save »
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 02:30:55 AM »
I still find that film amusing. 5 times I have watched it now  :D

I wonder if I have a Pandstang Defence Tactic film somewhere?  :P
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 02:33:53 AM »
I still find that film amusing. 5 times I have watched it now  :D

:rofl :rofl
-AoM-

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 06:08:24 AM »

I see more pull-pushers, and fish-floppers from late Spit-series planes, than I ever did from 190s in the MA.

The only time I got called out for "flippy floppy bs" was in a 190F-8... that thing turns into a wet cat at stall speed.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.