Author Topic: tired of scumbag manuvers  (Read 8675 times)

Offline lerxst

• Zinc Member
tired of scumbag manuvers
« on: December 25, 2012, 08:59:21 PM »
so flying LW im mixin it up with a p38 near my airfield,fun fight we had i happen to get good position on the guy i shoot him down,as im starting to land and landing gears down here come p47M from the side of me low to the deck.being that im under 100mph and gears down i cant get out of the way so of course the ACE pilot shoots and kills me.why is it that out of oh i dont know just a tiny thread of courtesy to fellow players you wouldnt be a jerk and take the shot.is it some sort of god complex that forces people to make these sad decisions,all i know is im pretty tired of lack of courtesy :headscratch: . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
Re: tired of scumbag manuvers
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 09:04:51 PM »
You had your good fight. What does it matter if you land or not?

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 09:12:50 PM »
Tired of people like you.  :(
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 09:33:17 PM »
i would land somewhere else or check the area before landing..
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 09:42:54 PM »
Well, you will probably get flamed for your post but I agree with you. I have grown tired of the sportsmanship or lack thereof in this game. No common courtesy at all. I absolutely cant stand when I get tangled up in a great fight (usually 38 vs 38 against one of the 80th) and during said fight atleast 3 cons (usually an La7 or 2 and atleast 1 spit 16) decide to park on my 6 and end the fight for me. The opposing pilot is more than capable of killing me and I enjoy dying to them. Why do these people feel the need to interrupt a good fight just for an easy kill? I have no problem if they let me finish the fight and then gang up on me once we've finished. Oh well. It's just all moaning and groaning as it will never change. I'm just glad I've had the greats fights I've had the last few days as my account will be closed before the next billing cycle on the 15th.  :cheers:

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 10:22:12 PM »
Murphy's Law: If it can happen, it will.

At least it was your cartoon airplane, not someone broadsiding your real car.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »
That is the least of the "scumbag moves" your going to run into. Remember the old saying, "you have to take the good with the bad". You have to ask yourself, was the fight worth enough fun to forget about the loser that had to vulch you for a kill? If it is, you win!

Cya in the not so friendly skies!  <S>

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 10:37:38 PM »
For me that's a classic kill.  Air warfare history is replete with examples of pilots using speed and surprise to ambush enemy pilots on take off or landing.  I wouldn't be at all happy about it either, but this game isn't just about making yourself happy.  Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that other people, one way or another, are out to destroy your little cartoon pilot.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 10:46:32 PM »
Chivilry is nice to see and all.  It usually makes for a good story too... sort of heartwarnimg in a way.  It makes you feel good if you're one of those guys.

Things in the MA aren't chivelrous.  If you're in the MA you KNOW you have to know you're clear to land and if not, fly on or take your chances.  Sometimes you don't get a choice.

So either:

A.  You didn't check to see if you were clear or:
B.  You're here to whine (includes you didn't have a choice and lost).

Sorry for being blunt.  I consider myself partially chivilrous but I understand reality.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 10:55:47 PM »
Vulching fields is lame (unless doods are going for the capture   :t)

But yeah,  you have to have your head on a swivel.   Constantly check the map.   Con on dar bar?   Check,  check,  check.   Chances are,  if you'd have been checking your surroundings and been doing a proper combat approach,  you'd have landed that kill and not posting here.

Pewter,  why the no re-up?
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 01:38:34 AM »
so flying LW im mixin it up with a p38 near my airfield,fun fight we had i happen to get good position on the guy i shoot him down,as im starting to land and landing gears down here come p47M from the side of me low to the deck.being that im under 100mph and gears down i cant get out of the way so of course the ACE pilot shoots and kills me.why is it that out of oh i dont know just a tiny thread of courtesy to fellow players you wouldnt be a jerk and take the shot.is it some sort of god complex that forces people to make these sad decisions,all i know is im pretty tired of lack of courtesy :headscratch: . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT
Quit your crying, boy.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 02:07:03 AM »
Hahahahahaha!! Coming to the boards to whine about being vulched!!

The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 03:25:55 AM »
If you are landing on a base that is located on the front lines,you can die any where at any time.

That's just the way it go's.

How most of us avoid this is by simply "crash" landing with our gear up, you can "land" at roughly the same speed and stop much much faster. Now if you got caught while still in the air,your still fair game.

~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 03:50:57 AM »
Number one lesson: Think of the worst possible thing that could happen and what is about to happen will be worse yet.

I dont care how stellar your fights and victories in the game are there will come a death that defies explanation and is contrary to all your real world experiences of life and physics. Thats online gaming.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline realgood

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 03:51:38 AM »

Hahahahahaha!! Coming to the boards to whine about being vulched!!

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :cry  :cry  :cry  :confused:  :confused: THE END  :headscratch:   Tower   :headscratch:  vulcher  :O   :x   :D  :D   :rofl  :rofl  :rofl    :neener:  :neener:  :neener:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :airplane:  :airplane:  :joystick:  :old:  :salute  :salute          
Might as well face it we are all addicted to this hehehe but me really I can ouit any time I want to <Proud Member 2nd Squad >"***Alchemists***"