Author Topic: Arena Etiquette Confusion  (Read 6335 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Arena Etiquette Confusion
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2012, 01:16:35 AM »
Lol, report them? Why, unless you report every bit of swearing you hear. If you don't, it boils down to you using their swearing as an excuse to report them, only because they struck a nerve when they call you a "f***ing gang-banging skilless tard". Really, whenever I see people trying to defend the hoarding, and the picking, all I see is a guilty conscience. "Expect it to happen, you're in the MA" only means "I feel like I have the right to interupt your fun", no more and no less.
 This is ENTIRELY irrelevent. The con shouldn't have asked you before jumping in, he should have asked the other con. And the onus was on your first opponent to ask not to be interupted, it wasn't on you. To be honest, that you feel the need to say "look how well I handle things", especially when the situations aren't the same, or even comparable, makes me suspect you have a guilty conscience lurking somewhere as well.

:rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2012, 03:52:38 AM »
Depends on where the 1v1 is. If there are two guys fighting off alone I'll ask if the friendly wants help and respect what he says. If they are in the middle of a furball its fair game.

How about the incident where I saw several enemy dots closing our only field on the main island inside dar circle, shot one down, got HO'd by another and got the full load on 200, for ruining their practicing of 2-3 vs 1 maneuvers?

After having fellow countrymen make bogus check six calls when I am hammering the enemy so they can swoop in and steal the kill, I gladly jump on a 1vs1.......unless I hear from them on range vox

It's only a keystroke away.

I know of people who don't have a mike, also know of cases where a player has been unable to speak due to family members sleeping in the same room. Makes me doubt if there's someone playing without sound, because most of the times when I ask I get no answer. Or maybe they play without keyboard, too?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2012, 04:51:35 AM »
Simple.

Ask before you join.

If the answer is no, and you see an enemy con trying to interrupt the same fight. Engage him!

If the answer is yes, back up your teammate and kill it.

Salute if saluted, salute valiant fights.

Respect other players and in the immortal words of superfly.

Don't be a dick.

Follow all those and you will be fine.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline dbh991

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2012, 05:50:01 AM »
My plan for the future is to try to ask before joining a 1v1.

I will say that the enjoyment of this game is diminished somewhat for me with the fear that I may inadvertently do something to tick someone off.  :uhoh

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2012, 05:59:26 AM »

I will say that the enjoyment of this game is diminished somewhat for me with the fear that I may inadvertently do something to tick someone off.  :uhoh

if you ask before jumping in.....a solid 1vs1 out of the way in the MA....not talking furball here.....
if you dont vulch..........
if you try to use ACM instead of Hoing every time..........
if you actually engage the nme to fight......
if you give chk 6's when you see them.....

you will be solid....and anyone that gets pissy because of that type of game play......well.....it is on them not YOU.

I have flown this way 99.99% of my time in AH....and still get rage PM's.....I laugh it off...its usually from someone that has no clue and needs to explain away their suckage....

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2012, 06:34:46 AM »
u talkin to me? u talkin to MEH?!?!? no way, pu*k!!!    re     spect,      walk
 :lol

happy new year Nuke!   :cheers:

happy new year debrody, don't abuse the lady vodka too much  :cheers:
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2012, 06:39:20 AM »
seconded,   Happy new year Debrody,    :cheers:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2012, 08:21:10 AM »
happy new year debrody, don't abuse the lady vodka too much  :cheers:
havent been drinking for 50 days
AoM
City of ice

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2012, 08:57:46 AM »

Apply the golden rule and you'll be fine.  Asking on range before jumping a 1v1 is really tactically sound as well as honorable.  No sense in you blowing E and cutting into your SA pie if you don't need to.

Don't worry about ticking people off.  If you can't tell by the responses you've gotten, it's impossible NOT to ruffle feathers in this game.

:cheers:   
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2012, 10:54:19 AM »
Hit f12 and say "woooo....woooo.......the pain train is coming!!" Like terry Tate, office linebacker.

Then give the friendly a few seconds to answer before Rollin' the fate train of pain.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2012, 12:11:09 PM »
If I happen upon the 1v1 fight and it's in a position that won't affect what I'm doing or think I'm going to be doing in the next few minutes, I ask the friendly if he has it under control.  If he says yes, I usually get over top of them to provide top cover.  One benefit to this is the red guy that tries to dive in on the 1v1 is often a) target fixated and b) trying to gang up on the friendly so it feels good when I kill him.

If I'm in a circumstance where the bandit could take a swipe at me, I treat it as a threat and engage.

If a bandit dives into a crowd of friendlies that I happen to be in, I try to help kill it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2012, 12:53:40 PM »
Red is dead wanna 1v1 set up a  duel, thats what the DUELING arena is for. It is  nice to ask and have someone ask but to expect it is asinine.

See the  Quote from Del in Wileys tag line. came from a thread enitinged 'Green Guy Etiqutte'  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,304186.msg3909125.html#msg3909125
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:57:29 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2012, 02:10:27 PM »
if you ask before jumping in.....a solid 1vs1 out of the way in the MA....not talking furball here.....
if you dont vulch..........
if you try to use ACM instead of Hoing every time..........
if you actually engage the nme to fight......
if you give chk 6's when you see them.....

you will be solid....and anyone that gets pissy because of that type of game play......well.....it is on them not YOU.

I have flown this way 99.99% of my time in AH....and still get rage PM's.....I laugh it off...its usually from someone that has no clue and needs to explain away their suckage....

Remind me when I return to change to your side, .wingman you, follow at a safe distance with altitude and pick everyone you engage.............. :devil    I'm Kidding, easy there.  If I do find you fighting 4 or 5 guys, an I know you do, I am going to jump in on that one BTW, your just being a kill hog then.   :salute Inky dinky doo
Wag more, bark less.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2012, 02:29:46 PM »
havent been drinking for 50 days
Congratulations DeBrody....that's a lot bigger deal than anything else that goes on here :aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2012, 05:08:10 PM »
Remind me when I return to change to your side, .wingman you, follow at a safe distance with altitude and pick everyone you engage.............. :devil    I'm Kidding, easy there.  If I do find you fighting 4 or 5 guys, an I know you do, I am going to jump in on that one BTW, your just being a kill hog then.   :salute Inky dinky doo

:rofl

:salute