Author Topic: Operation Midway  (Read 13397 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: Operation Midway
« Reply #240 on: January 07, 2013, 04:06:39 PM »
A public service announcement:

The game is to be played, like a movie is to be watched.

Midway is the equivalent of a person yelling comments at the screen in a movie theater. Discussing the validity of his comments, or why he does it is irrelevant and misses the point. Every second spent thinking about the comments, or telling him to shut up, is one more second we are distracted from watching the movie.

It is very shelfish to go to a movie with the intent of getting as many as possible engaged in telling you to shut up. Frankly it's psychotic, anti-social behavior. This behavior frustrates us all and we feel compelled to interveign. But I propose that the noise from all those trying to shut him up only adds to the problem. He will never stop yelling comments at the screen, but yelling at him only generates a new argument, then more jump in, and soon we've missed the whole movie.

Ignore him and the distraction is minimized. I do believe that if ignored, he will eventually go away.

This has been a public service announcement.

Vik.. shut up.. this is no place for maturity and reason.... :D

welcome to the thunderdome  :aok :cheers:
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #241 on: January 07, 2013, 04:23:38 PM »
17 pages.. really... More Midway publicity... I may consider renaming him Max or Clifford...  :rolleyes:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #242 on: January 07, 2013, 04:25:34 PM »
well its a No-go with no-mo-ho
middy can't subscribe to his own rules of greatness... so I guess he'll just blow (both hot air on the bbs and 200 and his skills).

I did go NOMOHO for many weeks and avoid HOing many times as witnessed and documented previously; but, on occasion, the temptation is just too great to not HO, the resulting whines on ch200 too silly not to enjoy, and the feedback from several top pilots that HOing is acceptable every now and then has put me back into the HOing mode, on occasion. :aok

I admit HOing and winning a HO is fun, every now and then... and do not think it detracts from my fighting skills when I avoid said HOing. :)

As I've been told before 90%+ of pilots HO, so I'm not that "out there" as many imply with respect to my HOing. :joystick:

The majority of the time when I HO, I do tend to wait for the other pilot to pull the trigger first... so mine is often just a resulting "back HO". :D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:27:47 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #243 on: January 07, 2013, 04:26:20 PM »
+1

I have reinstituted my policy of not speaking to or about Midway.  It feeds his need and I no longer wish to put food on his table.

:rofl

You're too funny! :rofl

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #244 on: January 07, 2013, 04:36:39 PM »
As I've been told before 90%+ of pilots HO, so I'm not that "out there" as many imply with respect to my HOing. :joystick:

I don't ho.... but I might pimp you out. :D
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #245 on: January 07, 2013, 04:38:50 PM »
I don't ho.... but I might pimp you out. :D

Please.  HOing can be rewarding in it's own way. :)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #246 on: January 07, 2013, 04:40:45 PM »
Please.  HOing can be rewarding in it's own way. :)

Middy loves his muff cabbage  :D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:45:32 PM by Ardy123 »
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #247 on: January 07, 2013, 04:43:57 PM »

Midway is the equivalent of a person yelling comments at the screen in a movie theater. Discussing the validity of his comments, or why he does it is irrelevant and misses the point. Every second spent thinking about the comments, or telling him to shut up, is one more second we are distracted from watching the movie.

It is very shelfish to go to a movie with the intent of getting as many as possible engaged in telling you to shut up. Frankly it's psychotic, anti-social behavior. This behavior frustrates us all and we feel compelled to interveign. But I propose that the noise from all those trying to shut him up only adds to the problem. He will never stop yelling comments at the screen, but yelling at him only generates a new argument, then more jump in, and soon we've missed the whole movie.

Ignore him and the distraction is minimized. I do believe that if ignored, he will eventually go away.

A movie like the Rocky Horror Picture Show with significant audience participation? :aok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XVPd3m6kYQ  :D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:46:26 PM by Midway »

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #248 on: January 07, 2013, 04:54:29 PM »
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Nice, I figured it out. Goodbye tardlette  :aok
-AoM-

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: January 07, 2013, 05:31:32 PM »

:aok :aok :salute
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #250 on: January 07, 2013, 05:53:40 PM »
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Nice, I figured it out. :aok

To improve overall AH Forum quality, all users are able to follow these simple steps:

1) Click “Profile” from the menu tabs at top
2) In the left column under “Modify Profile”, click on “Personal Message Options”
3) In the “Ignorelist” box, add the name(s) you'd like to ignore (i.e. “Midway”)
4) Click “Change Profile” in the bottom right to save your Ignorelist

Enjoy!

p.s.  Shida, I'm glad you realized the best way to deal with a forum-spamming attention-seeking troll like this is simply to ignore them.  If more users adopt that policy as a result of this thread, then the outcome of your "Operation" is actually a success!

<S>
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 05:57:22 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #251 on: January 07, 2013, 06:32:59 PM »
Vik.. shut up.. this is no place for maturity and reason.... :D

welcome to the thunderdome  :aok :cheers:

-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #252 on: January 07, 2013, 08:43:27 PM »
To improve overall AH Forum quality, all users are able to follow these simple steps:

1) Click “Profile” from the menu tabs at top
2) In the left column under “Modify Profile”, click on “Personal Message Options”
3) In the “Ignorelist” box, add the name(s) you'd like to ignore (i.e. “Midway”)
4) Click “Change Profile” in the bottom right to save your Ignorelist

Enjoy!

p.s.  Shida, I'm glad you realized the best way to deal with a forum-spamming attention-seeking troll like this is simply to ignore them.  If more users adopt that policy as a result of this thread, then the outcome of your "Operation" is actually a success!

<S>

I do have a lot of patience and the need to understand things, but ultimately Midway's lark is pretty pathetic. Despite his claims to the contrary I have been informed that privately he has admitted that he enjoys getting a rise out of people, which seems to be the definition of a troll as far as I can determine. Why HTC don't PNG him is beyond my comprehension, since there seems to be a section in their forum rules about this and it is hard to see what he otherwise contributes.

I must say those little:

"You are ignoring this user. Show me the post".

Messages are like a piece of black duct tape across the mouth of that character from "Dumb and Dumber" who asks: "Do you want to hear the most annoying sound in the world?" and I recommend everyone give it a try. It is very peaceful and I can immediately feel a change when I approach the game & forum. It's a bit like hitting yourself on the head with a hammer, it feels so good when you stop  :lol

Thanks for posting those instructions Kingpin, I agree this is the best possible outcome for Operation Midway  :aok

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #253 on: January 07, 2013, 11:06:26 PM »
My final post in this thread will be this link for those interested: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,343717.msg4537881.html#msg4537881

:)

:bolt:

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #254 on: January 08, 2013, 02:11:03 AM »
hurrah!    :old:

and whilst this thread has everyone's attention I'd just like to say that he is in no way associated or has been associated with myself or any other member of my squadron.   Some people have spread this rumour falsely for their own shame.  Let this be the end of it.
The Few ***
F.P.H