Author Topic: Is this a good fight?  (Read 3376 times)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Is this a good fight?
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2013, 03:48:32 PM »

He doesn't have a cast iron ego, he has a fragile ego and a strict gameplan / flowchart to protect his need and insecurity some of which I listed in the other thread, but this is now uninteresting to me.

Midway essentially breaks the social convention of this community repeatidly, that's why people get offended. The convention which I learned here as I'm sure did you was that smack talking about owning someone necessitated a session in the DA in the same planes and with the same energy and no interuptions, a convention which Midway cannot adhere because it would undermine his trickery and everybody now knows it.

The other way to look at it is that it's the obsessive anti-Midway crowd that have the fragile egos and insecurity issues...so offended by some mediocre pre-Y2k level trolling ("I pwn j00 @ gamez") that they get completely bent out of shape every time said troll speaks in game or posts on the forum.

People get offended not because of Midway's awful smack talk (because it's not awful - he's annoying but not foul mouthed or excessively rude to people in the community), but because they can't stand their precious ego and reputation as a virtual fighter pilot being challenged by someone who they perceive as being so far beneath their own laudable e-stature.

In any other gaming community Midway would simply be ignored or relegated to the level of numerous other weak trolls. Only in this community where there are so many immature babies masquerading as grown men would someone like him become public enemy #1.
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2013, 04:08:14 PM »
The other way to look at it is that it's the obsessive anti-Midway crowd that have the fragile egos and insecurity issues...so offended by some mediocre pre-Y2k level trolling ("I pwn j00 @ gamez") that they get completely bent out of shape every time said troll speaks in game or posts on the forum.

People get offended not because of Midway's awful smack talk (because it's not awful - he's annoying but not foul mouthed or excessively rude to people in the community), but because they can't stand their precious ego and reputation as a virtual fighter pilot being challenged by someone who they perceive as being so far beneath their own laudable e-stature.

In any other gaming community Midway would simply be ignored or relegated to the level of numerous other weak trolls. Only in this community where there are so many immature babies masquerading as grown men would someone like him become public enemy #1.

-1 for throwing something out there with little forethought, being a contrarian for its own sake, and lack of creativity.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2013, 04:09:48 PM »
I agree Coombz. I heard Who on vox the other day and hell, he sounds like a little kid (teenager). So I just consider the source, roll my eyes and move on.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2013, 04:28:01 PM »
It was a good, fun to watch fight......doesnt matter who it was in the Spit...or in the 109...... :old:

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2013, 04:30:17 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rock

Now, back to the topic at hand, please. :old:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 05:08:58 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »
It was good, but would have been even better if the Spitfire had a bud helping him and you downed them both.

2 v 1's are generally more fun because they add more SA to the fight, imho. :joystick:

A fight against your own odds/favor, I'm sincerely surprised you even remember those middy.  :devil

(they're awesome!  :rock )
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:01:28 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2013, 06:28:40 PM »

Your theory would imply, either through the faults of their own ego or sence of entitlement, that nothing but hate and malcontent is directed twords him.

This theory would explain nothing about the frequent (maybe you and others would argue excessive) and evident amounts of pitty and remorse by the community for him.  Most the posts follow the path of expressed remorse and guilt from players about not explaining or teaching middy better.  Some still try, some have given up, and then yet there's even more combined that simpley have no clue but love to chime in.

9 out of 10 posts regarding him, imho, resonate like a family counseling session after the parents picked jr. up from the local presinct - "oh where did we go wrong", "what can we do", "how do we change".

I think middy's just a juvenille troll who will one day regret taking such generous and caring folks for a ride, painfuly so.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2013, 06:32:31 PM »
Now, back to the topic at hand, please. :old:

:bhead

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2013, 09:26:54 PM »

I have a counter theory for you Mr. Coombz, you say any other gaming community and this does imply there is something different here. I think a lot of Aces High players, especially the more mature ones don't play a lot of other games and / or don't have the vast experience of internet culture that you seem to have for instance.  

Look at me, this is my first forum, my only computer game. I'm sure you find it hilarious to see someone like me getting trolled like a noob and all those other things I have to look up to see what they mean.

From my perspective the whole Midway episode had to be experienced to be believed. Still now why someone would pursue this as an activity is beyond me, wouldn't they be better taking up something more constructive? Probably showing my age there aren't I?  :lol

I agree with Babalonian, an awful lot of players tried to help him, not so much help him so that he'd 'tow the party line' but more so he wouldn't have to rely on what has become accepted in this culture as an unsportsmanlike shot. Everyone that helped him with ACM ultimately just helped him attain those shots with more frequency which is rather a shame and a betrayal of their time and energy.

Also, surely the obsession lies at Midway's feet does it not?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2013, 10:47:21 PM »

I have a counter theory for you Mr. Coombz, you say any other gaming community and this does imply there is something different here. I think a lot of Aces High players, especially the more mature ones don't play a lot of other games and / or don't have the vast experience of internet culture that you seem to have for instance.  

Look at me, this is my first forum, my only computer game. I'm sure you find it hilarious to see someone like me getting trolled like a noob and all those other things I have to look up to see what they mean.

From my perspective the whole Midway episode had to be experienced to be believed. Still now why someone would pursue this as an activity is beyond me, wouldn't they be better taking up something more constructive? Probably showing my age there aren't I?  :lol

I agree with Babalonian, an awful lot of players tried to help him, not so much help him so that he'd 'tow the party line' but more so he wouldn't have to rely on what has become accepted in this culture as an unsportsmanlike shot. Everyone that helped him with ACM ultimately just helped him attain those shots with more frequency which is rather a shame and a betrayal of their time and energy.

Also, surely the obsession lies at Midway's feet does it not?

First if all, other than Wii Blazing Angels and MS Flight Simulator I have played very few games.  This one grabbed a hold of me due to my lifelong interest in aeroplanes and flying.

Second, like Nrshida, this is the first and only forum I've ever participated in and likely my last.

Third, you are making up way too much silly stuff about me trolling and such.  I'm for the most part just being me, honest, and sincere, with a bit of fun and silliness mixed in.  Your hyper sensitivity and need to analyze me is kind of silly at times, imho.  But, I do like silly. :D

Fourth, as several excellent pilots have already said, they have either never or rarely been HOed by me in the MA in recent memory.  I do HO often, but usually, not always, wait for the other guy to pull the trigger first.  The main reason Krupnski, BatfinkV, and Bruv, as examples, say I don't HO them is because they don't shoot first, usually don't get directly in front of my guns on first merge, and I therefore tend to hold my fire.  Often not even knowing it's them.  Remember they have honestly told you they have rarely, if ever, been HOed by me.

Fifth, I have never cursed, or otherwise used foul or crude language or crude name calling as many others have. That's a line I won't cross out of respect no matter how many names or crude insinuations others have applied to me or their other fellow pilots.

Sixth, I have never been angry or otherwise furious at anything anyone has said or done in game or in forum.  It's a game.  Although there sure are a wide variety of real life personalities involved creating quite the colorful interaction. Everything from hard working blue and white collar people to movie stars to kids to veterans to wives and moms to rock stars to pilots to rich people to poor people and everything in between.  Makes for a lot of disagreements and discussions as all this variety of people try to reconcile things.

Seventh, I have always been and am grateful for help received and have reciprocated on many occasions.  By far my primary intent here and in-game being to have fun improving my piloting skills to beat the best pilots.

I could go on, but for the sake of a little bit of brevity won't.  Seven being a lucky number. :)  The point is that you and many others, seem to over interpret my too frequent communication and silliness.  In the immortal words of Sgt Hulka, "Lighten up, Francis".

... and that goes for the rest of you Midway haters too, if you can, please.  :)

Feel free to make up whatever mumbo jumbo you want, for your satisfaction and pleasure, but I've, again, given you my honest and sincere thoughts on this.  
I know some of you won't be able to help yourselves from doing so. :rolleyes:

Please don't respond in this thread so we can get back to the original topic at hand. :old:
A new thread, if you require it, is easy to start although likely not worth it. :old:
To those that already realize most of this, I admire your insight. :old:
To everyone that took the time to read, I thank you. :old:

My apologies to BatfinkV for this lengthy (and over-communicated) diversion from the original intent of his thread. :salute

Now, back to having fun practicing and improving my piloting/pwning skills. :joystick:

:cheers:

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2013, 11:20:43 PM »
What is wrong with you people?

Great fight Bat and Mr. ?.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2013, 01:36:51 AM »
the last rant he went on before his latest mute was his rant on how much he owned skyrock just going on and onand on will he was muted.

Dang wish I had seen that one.   The circle of life.  :lol
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2013, 02:05:24 AM »
 The circle of life.  :lol
If only he had the skills to back up his smack.... he just might get there! :devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2013, 02:15:46 AM »
I guess we will never find out middy, doesn't do the DA   :(  
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2013, 01:14:41 PM »
Loved every minute of it Bat ... those are the type of fights you wait for and treasure. I thought the Spitty did a pretty good job just staying out of reach. Like you said, that was above average MA skill.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."