Author Topic: Is this a good fight?  (Read 3299 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Is this a good fight?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »
Good questions Boo. Flaps were deployed fully often. But that is the easy bit with flaps. That hard bit is knowing when to pull them back in momentarily to gain some E when leaving them out would be a waste. As to the vertical or not, I suppose that is just my way of flying. I have not thought about it. I doubt I would have done different in a g14 or k4 during those kind of turns. For E fighting I would have been more vertical a lot of the time. I almost always use rudder in rolls, especially at slow speed during barrel rolls. Rudder and elevator infact, to aid the roll with a mild snap roll effect.

As to an ulterior motive? Maybe so. Mostly I just want to find out if people think this is a good fight that they would enjoy.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:06:03 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 11:07:48 AM »
Wonderful fight.  Thanks for sharing.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 11:10:05 AM »
Although I am sensing there might be an ulterior motive to the post  :), I would say a good fight.

:noid

Lots of good fights out there.

Lots of other reasons people have feelings about individuals outside of their flying skills, though.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 11:18:57 AM »
:noid

Lots of good fights out there.

Lots of other reasons people have feelings about individuals outside of their flying skills, though.

bingo

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 12:13:48 PM »
No its not, in general people find the best fights are with evenly matched opponents.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 01:03:37 PM »
I've watched a fair ol' number of films over the passed few days... This is a good fight. (and I have also come to realise my suckage is all in throttle. )
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 01:12:48 PM »
Really good use of flaps and throttle Batty. My favorite part is when you are tail sliding it to left, full flaps, just off idle on the throttle, full left rudder, trying to get the nose down on the bandit who is overshooting out in front of you and at that slow speed you just can't get the shot lined up and he slips past. I feel the frustration having done the same thing so many times. I good training film in how it demonstrates the value of smooth stick movements, and understanding the throttle is not an on/off switch.
Who is John Galt?

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
I loved the fact that the spit chose not to take the head on shot right at the start, or try to force a head on encounter at any point during the fight. For a random engagement in the main arena this is rare and valuable.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 01:30:37 PM »
Who.......is the pilot.......?  :D

G6 with gondies HAHA Bat your a beast.

1v1s in the MA are better then the DA because it offers more.....thought.

In the DA, the guys normally in there just go 23-24 deck merge similar rides. In the MA you can start your dive into a merge from beyond icon range if you are able to read the map well enough....

In your fight the Spit was closing on your 6.....the randomness behind MA 1v1s is why I try to have them.

I loved the fact that the spit chose not to take the head on shot right at the start, or try to force a head on encounter at any point during the fight. For a random engagement in the main arena this is rare and valuable.
You had some help there though....you chopped a ton of throttle to get around faster for second merge. Spit hadn't made it to HO yet.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 01:39:13 PM »
IMO it was a good fight for the 109 has he had to actually "fly" his aircraft to gain angles on the Spitfire. The spit was just another typical spit jockey....fly in a circle and wait for the target to present itself, relying on the plane to do all the work with no use of imagination or pilot skill. A monkey could of done what the spitfire did.

But forgive me if this isn't the way you guys see it. I'm grumpy today and don't like Spitfires to begin with.
Lighten up Francis

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 01:47:03 PM »
IMO it was a good fight for the 109 has he had to actually "fly" his aircraft to gain angles on the Spitfire. The spit was just another typical spit jockey....fly in a circle and wait for the target to present itself, relying on the plane to do all the work with no use of imagination or pilot skill. A monkey could of done what the spitfire did.

But forgive me if this isn't the way you guys see it. I'm grumpy today and don't like Spitfires to begin with.
Many agree....some are too hard headed to understand. Great Fights last night btw!!!

UpTown in a 109?!?!?!?! I thought we were passed the end of world crap :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 01:53:41 PM »
looked like fun. but, it needed one thing. the Jetsons theme song, to go with that engine sound. :airplane:

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 02:16:53 PM »
I think that the spit pilot was flying good acms minus the knowledge of throttle work. Something that a few months of practice makes a big difference on. This fight was about 4 months ago.

I totaly agree Junky, about MA fights being much more fun than DA 23-24 deck merge fights. Although it is possible to simulate an MA encounter in the DA by not choosing planes or setting a merge alt, there is still something extra intense about not knowing who the enemy is before the fight.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 02:23:57 PM »
who was the spit 8
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2013, 02:26:06 PM »
who was the spit 8
more then likely  :old:
Lighten up Francis