Author Topic: INK'S understanding of AH Lingo  (Read 3780 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: INK'S understanding of AH Lingo
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2013, 07:34:03 PM »
Like I said, we disagree.  No problem, I've said my view on it.  :aok

As far as me HOing you, I know you had no guns on me.  I was especially careful to make sure you didn't since I knew it was you.   Feel free to post film or pics proving otherwise. :)   I even watched my film to double check that night and you had no gun solution when I fired, no question about it on film.  If I still had that film I would post it with your permission, but I've already deleted it.   Unless you or Shuffler have the film, showing me pulling the trigger when you had guns on me, we'll just have to agree to disagree and put it behind us. :salute

You don't get it, and probably never will, again I am wasting time typing to your retarded arse.  I've been in this game for roughly a decade, I won't debate whether I had guns on you when you face shot, because it doesnt matter, you went for the HO both passes, Damn sure had guns on you first pass, might not have been able to shoot you on the second, but was incredibly close and would have had I not had to dodge the "second" attacker while following you up, matter of fact, might have shot you in the arse... but like I said its a moot point, you knew it was me, you could have attempted to fight me, you didn't, you went for HO, and came back around as quick as you could to HO again.  Never even close to an attempt to saddle me, or get my 6, just retarded HO crap!  And immediately went to ch200 and claimed pawnage... good grief lil one, really?     I don't care about how you aggrivate people, I'm known for being a smack talking agitator, but I always fight.... I judge you by how you "play" the game and so far you've earned the title retarded HO twit from my judgement....   Now, after you lie yet again about not HOing when you know good and well thats what you went for from the start, you want to "put it behind us" and salute me, well save it, I don't salute bush league HO morons.  Grow a pair, and the next time you see me, salute me by actually fighting me....  then we'll consider if you deserve a salute back....  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2013, 07:38:35 PM »
You don't get it, and probably never will, again I am wasting time typing to your retarded arse.  I've been in this game for roughly a decade, I won't debate whether I had guns on you when you face shot, because it doesnt matter, you went for the HO both passes, Damn sure had guns on you first pass, might not have been able to shoot you on the second, but was incredibly close and would have had I not had to dodge the "second" attacker while following you up, matter of fact, might have shot you in the arse... but like I said its a moot point, you knew it was me, you could have attempted to fight me, you didn't, you went for HO, and came back around as quick as you could to HO again.  Never even close to an attempt to saddle me, or get my 6, just retarded HO crap!  And immediately went to ch200 and claimed pawnage... good grief lil one, really?     I don't care about how you aggrivate people, I'm known for being a smack talking agitator, but I always fight.... I judge you by how you "play" the game and so far you've earned the title retarded HO twit from my judgement....   Now, after you lie yet again about not HOing when you know good and well thats what you went for from the start, you want to "put it behind us" and salute me, well save it, I don't salute bush league HO morons.  Grow a pair, and the next time you see me, salute me by actually fighting me....  then we'll consider if you deserve a salute back....  :aok

It's too late... I've already saluted you.  No need to salute back.  Wasn't expecting it. :)

Now, I think it's all settled and we can put our agreement to disagree behind us. :old:
Please continue with the topic at hand. :old:
Thank you. :old:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2013, 07:41:03 PM »
Midway you do HO quiet a bit my friend just lay off of it for a little while
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2013, 07:42:01 PM »
Midway you do HO quiet a bit my friend just lay off of it for a little while

Yes, Sir. :frown: :salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2013, 08:06:43 PM »
Erick has spooken.

Gv ground vehical

Noob somebody you tryed to kill. But he got on your six and he killed you. In the after math you got mad and started calling him a noob. I do this alot. : p

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2013, 08:18:52 PM »
<snip>
knife fighting* the ability to switch up fighting between BnZ and TnB at will.....although a knife fight is usually done at High speed
<snip>

Now I'd certainly fall closer to the pudding head end of the bell curve comparing knowledge on terminology but I thought a knife fight was a close in turnfight.
After all, to use a knife you have to be close to your victim, don't you?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2013, 08:23:22 PM »
Now I'd certainly fall closer to the pudding head end of the bell curve comparing knowledge on terminology but I thought a knife fight was a close in turnfight.
After all, to use a knife you have to be close to your victim, don't you?

I certainly could be wrong.....ive been doing this since 04..........I see you have far more time in..... :headscratch:

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2013, 08:30:44 PM »
I certainly could be wrong.....ive been doing this since 04..........I see you have far more time in..... :headscratch:

Mtnman explained fighting like in a knife fight letting your opponent get almost close enough to cut you and throwing himself off setting him up for the kill move.

That was always knife fight to me.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2013, 08:34:02 PM »
I had thought what INK refers to as a 'knife fight' to be the style of 'energy fighting'

and a 'knife fight' to be a close up stall fight

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2013, 08:50:10 PM »
I had thought what INK refers to as a 'knife fight' to be the style of 'energy fighting'

and a 'knife fight' to be a close up stall fight

BnZ and TnB are both energy fighting.....

I always thought Knife fighting meant being able to go from BnZ to TnB at any point...... but at hi speeds....phone booth fighting...at high speed...

thats what I get for learning on my own ...and never asking questions as a noob :rofl

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »
From the AH Training Corps page - TequilaChaser's excellent explanation of the principles of energy fighting

The E Fighting style (energy fighting), is often confused with the BnZ fighting style (boom & zoom fighting), when in actuality that couldn’t be more further from the truth. Yes BnZ is part of E fighting but that is about as far as it goes. The Energy fighter is the purist of the combat fighter pilots, one who has attained the skills of the boom & zoom fighting style and has combined them with the skills of the turn & burn fighting style (stall fighting). He is aggressively offensive by nature yet maintains the patience needed to quarrel his victim until the most opportune time.

To Energy fight you must think both offensive (attacker) mode and defensive (defender) modes at the same time. You must never enter an engagement with less energy, whether your advantage is in altitude, speed, or both. This doesn’t necessarily mean you must always have the alt advantage by no means. One can still have a greater E advantage and still be the lower opponent of the two. For this to work though you must have the ability to tell upon a glance that you are in the catbird’s seat though. SA (situational awareness) plays a big role here.

The E Fighting pilot has taken into account every aspect of the fight offered to him, he has studied his plane in and out and knows his plane’s limitations from one end of the flight envelope all the way to the other (from blackout to stall). He has studied each and every type of fighter he might come up against and has learned the advantages and weakness of each, according to how they compare with the plane he is flying, so he knows upfront what he can and can not do depending on which plane he engages. The E fighter pilot will use his advantages and make his opponent fly to his opponent’s own weaknesses, not letting his opponent use the advantages of his opponent’s plane.

Working the process of E fighting means to use low G pulling maneuvers and banking your energy (converting speed to alt) until you bleed your opponent of his energy. At this time you carefully use your SA skills in watching his plane and the way it acts in relation to you and the maneuvers you exercise against him. At times the energy Fighter will be able to use Higher G maneuvers when he is sure he is out of the way of danger and has a substantial energy advantage to do so, most times these High G maneuvers will be in the vertical or near vertical plane of flight, to acquire and store more E to cash in on when needed. As the E fighter bleeds his victim down to a wobbling chunk of metal in the sky he is also scanning the skies of Aces High to keep a look out for any incoming threats. Incase there is, he has that saved up E to evade, extend and setup again, but if the skies appear clear he then uses his E advantage and pounces his prey. He has bled him to where the prey can not evade his onslaught of attacks now and the E fighter has scored another pelt, all by using patience, SA, and aggressiveness.

The Energy fighter does not give in to the opponent whether the opponent is a BnZ type or a Turn n Burn type, no sir. He makes the Boom and Zoomer bleed his E to where the BnZer weakens and then turns the tables to acquire the E advantage, He hides his energy well and gives the BnZer a false presentation making the BnZer think he has the advantage when he doesn’t, it is often too late for the BnZer once he realizes the tables have turned against him.

As for the Turn and Burn fighter pile-it, The E fighter will act as if he is going to turn with his victim, yet he does not commit to the full extent, he uses oblique turns and out of plane maneuvers to bleed the TnBer until he knows he has the substantial Energy advantage then he suckers the TnBer into thinking he can attain a guns solution and leaves him wollering nose high when he turns the tables and attacks.

Fear the Skilled Energy Fighter Pilots ( E Fighters ) they know their stuff and are prone to take you to school! 
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2013, 09:03:54 PM »
From the AH Training Corps page - TequilaChaser's excellent explanation of the principles of energy fighting

good read..thanx for posting :aok

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2013, 11:54:02 PM »
I'd pretty much be the definition of an energy fighter... well, until *I* run out of e that is...   :huh

But I do enjoy tnb-ing the lala with a variety of opponents...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:57:53 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2013, 10:31:43 AM »
*Pork: To deny the use of specific base facilities by their expeditious removal: "Go pork the ords at A74" - in this usage, porking is only done to support an attack on another installation

Pork is also erroneously used to describe any destruction of facilities "STOP PORKING THE BASE!" <- said to countrymen who insist on dismantling every standing object while waiting for troops in order to pad their score regardless of availability to their own country once the base is taken.

*Eggs (Archaic): Bombs (at least since Airwarrior)

*Drunks (Archaic): Another word for Troops (at least since Airwarrior)

*Taters: 30mm cannon rounds, presumably because they are approximately the size of potatoes (citation needed)

*Lawndart: An aircraft bound to crash at high speed, generally due to damage or poor smash management.

*Bomb'n'Bail: The act of dropping ones ordnance and then bailing out to immediately up another aircraft.  Often used in conjunction with Pork (see above).  Intentional Lawndarting (see above) can be used instead of bailing.

*Stick stirring: The art of avoiding taking hits by making erratic movements with ones stick (or attempting to fly a 190F8 at stall speed)

*Dar: Noun: Radar installation - the building housing the radar for a base.  Noun: The dot shown inside the Dar-ring (see below) or the Counter/Darbar (see below) showing a presence in the sector.

*Dar-ring: The outlined range of a base or CVs radar.  When active, enemy aircraft above a certain altitude will show up as a red dot.

*Darbar: The counter vaguely displaying the relative number of enemy (red) or friendly (green) planes in a given sector

*Goon: C-47

*Bus: C-47 with troops

*Breadcrumbs/party favors: A trail of vehicle supplies pre-dropped between a v-spawn and the target area, allowing vehicles to resupply along the route.

*Smash'n'Grab/Sneak: Taking a base without dropping the hangars, a fast attack knocking out the town/town ack with troops immediately deployed on said town.

*Deuce: ME262

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:57:12 AM by tunnelrat »
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2013, 11:00:51 AM »
I must be pretty archaic as I still call them drunks, and eggs. At least since Air Warrior.

Also a lawndart and an auger are two different things. Lawndart is flying straight down into the ground usually at high speed,(normally associated with P-38's, but can be used for any plane) where for it truly to be an auger there must be a rotating motion for the plane to screw itself into the ground. (Normally associated with a stall and spin into the ground.)
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54