Author Topic: Henschel 129  (Read 13913 times)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Re: Henschel 129
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2013, 12:54:38 PM »
The commander hanging his head out of the hatch with attacking planes should be a straffing target and not a god mode gun alignment toggel tool. The same for the crewman operating the top MG while being straffed by an attacking fighter.

AMEN.

If I can be pilot wounded or insta-killed while in an airplane from a mg or cannon round to the pilot, the same should stand for the machine gunner or TC position on a GV.... if you're in TC position while being strafed by aircraft and take hits to that area of the GV, your TC position should be dead at very least.

and +100 for at min a 3 second delay from the command to fire while operating from the TC position.

I've killed a few aircraft with the main gun on my tank, not as many as some, but I've done it. And it has always been from the main gun sight, not the TC position. But in every single case, I acquired the target, tracked him, and used the TC position to line the gun up on him when he began his attack run, then jumped to the gun to put him in the sight. Then he went BOOM.

Would taking away the ability to fire from TC position change that? No.

But it sure as heck would keep me out of the commander position as much when aircraft are overhead attacking. Your soft melon exposed above your tank, available as a juicy target to a strafing aircraft, is not safe. And that's a heck of a lot more like the real danger faced by an exposed tank crewman than this magical invinceable bulletproof Tank Commander position we have now in Aces High GV's.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2013, 06:06:16 AM »
+1
Although slow, the 129 would be fun; a stable tank sniping platform.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2013, 01:32:00 PM »
It looks so damned functional! I am really intregued by the look of this plane. all those forward facind fuselage cannons are menacing. Reading the stats it looks like target, and the rear views look like they'de be awful, but I have to say I lik eit anyway!  :aok
Who is John Galt?

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2013, 04:58:37 PM »
Agreed, yak-3 is not a priority when we have the Yak 9. Like the difference between the G14 and the K4, only less pronounced; one is slower but a bit better handling, while the other is faster.

We don't have a Yak-9. We have a 10 year old piece of crap that vaguely resembles a Yak. If there was a vote I'd vote for updating the remaining AH1 models before adding any new aircraft/vehicles. That planes like the Yak and Bf110 are still in their 1990's livery is a travesty.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2013, 06:22:35 PM »
Performance wise, we have a Yak 9. I agree with the visual models. No more polygons.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2013, 10:39:25 PM »
Agreed, yak-3 is not a priority when we have the Yak 9. Like the difference between the G14 and the K4, only less pronounced; one is slower but a bit better handling, while the other is faster.
a post of mine earlier in this thread which I think in part addresses what you have to say:
I know of no other plane that Luftwaffe pilots were ordered to avoid combat with other than the Yak 3, yet we have virtually every other plane that was ordered to avoid combat with it???   Arguably the best fighter of World War 2 absent from a world war 2 flight sim???

:salute Nishizwa
The Yak 3 that we had in Fighter Ace was in the opinion of this 15 + year flight sim addict.... the perfect balance of speed and turning ability.  I don't get anything closely resembling that feeling in the Yak 9. 

:salute Nishizwa

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2013, 09:40:53 AM »

Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2013, 09:52:23 AM »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2013, 11:19:14 AM »
Nice pics. Thanks Mega.

~S~
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2013, 04:31:34 PM »
Nice pics. Thanks Mega.

~S~

Anytime,

This would be a great plane in the game and the only true dedicated plane built as a tank killer.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2013, 05:53:24 PM »
I confess I've a soft spot for this bird, would love to see it. Just because.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline jag88

• Copper Member
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2013, 05:53:27 PM »
It would be fun but only if fitted with the 75mm gun and 16 rounds:

Problem is only 23 B-3s built.

Otherwise just slap a 37mm with 60 rounds on the Bf-110...
The 88 in my name has nothing to do with nazis, skinheads or any other type of half-wit, nor with the "ideas" they support.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2013, 06:11:23 AM »
+1

After the Ki-43 and HE-111 of course.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2013, 07:21:52 AM »
If I can be pilot wounded or insta-killed while in an airplane from a mg or cannon round to the pilot, the same should stand for the machine gunner or TC position on a GV.... if you're in TC position while being strafed by aircraft and take hits to that area of the GV, your TC position should be dead at very least.

[...snip...]

But it sure as heck would keep me out of the commander position as much when aircraft are overhead attacking. Your soft melon exposed above your tank, available as a juicy target to a strafing aircraft, is not safe. And that's a heck of a lot more like the real danger faced by an exposed tank crewman than this magical invinceable bulletproof Tank Commander position we have now in Aces High GV's.

Just thinking about realism a bit when reading your post. In transit, tank commanders would often ride with the hatch open and their head sticking out, for the improved visibility. In combat, that both a) makes the commander vulnerable to small arms and other fire and b) creates a manhole-sized gap in the tanks armor. I'll be honest, I only started gv-ing this tour, and infrequently relative to my flying, but would it not be more realistic/less gamey if there was not only a delay to fire from the TC position, but also a risk of your commander getting killed AND an increased likelihood that your tank would be destroyed from above due to the open hatch?

Otherwise, just give tanks F3 mode, disable TC, and call it a day.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:25:33 AM by jeffdn »

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2013, 09:34:23 AM »
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."