Author Topic: Oculus Rift - Will Aces High Support This?  (Read 12920 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Oculus Rift - Will Aces High Support This?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 03:03:06 PM »
I read that they're planning to sell it for $200-300. I think that'd be a decent price.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 03:20:52 PM »
So.

What resolution is this one sporting? 640x480?

Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 03:22:52 PM »
That's why I haven't got a TrackIR, or three monitors... Kanttori and I visualized this kind of things already about 10 years ago to be the future of PC gaming. Either goggles or a half globe monitor.  :joystick:

You know, you visualized this 10 years ago so you decided not to get a 3 monitor setup? So if you visualize flying cars in 20 years that means you will hold out on your purchase of a regular car untill the flying cars become available?

Thats simply retarded.

The winner in all this is of course he who uses the current tech that is available to him NOW, and then upgrades when the new tech is available, the looser is always going to be the person who is always waiting for the "next big thing".

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 04:06:03 PM »
I'm retarded if you think so. IMHO it all depends on how intensively you do things. I visualized a semi globe monitor a decade ago, but I don't think it would be worth the price for a couple of hours on weekends. Ten years ago I would have loved to have a triple flat monitor system, but the price was stellar, the response times were horrible, no cpu or gpu could've run AH at decent frame rates and the game wouldn't necessarily have supported the resolution of three combined monitors

What is your breaking limit? How much are you willing to pay for the newest technology your favourite game supports? My computer is like my car: Not the newest tech, but taking me where I want to go.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 04:55:13 PM »
You know, you visualized this 10 years ago so you decided not to get a 3 monitor setup? So if you visualize flying cars in 20 years that means you will hold out on your purchase of a regular car untill the flying cars become available?

Thats simply retarded.

The winner in all this is of course he who uses the current tech that is available to him NOW, and then upgrades when the new tech is available, the looser is always going to be the person who is always waiting for the "next big thing".

Wow....idiot calling already.

If I may....people need cars.  They don't need 3D über goggles and that sir, is the difference.  Now, if you think 3D über goggles is as important to a family as a working automobile, I believe you may need to re-evaluate your priorities.  You did get the memo that being great in this game is equal to jack squat in real life right?

Have a nice day and yes, I'm sure ill run into you in game.  Let me know when you've got your technology all ready and up to date.  We'll see how that works.  :aok :salute
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:59:40 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 07:25:40 PM »
Wow....idiot calling already.

If I may....people need cars.  They don't need 3D über goggles and that sir, is the difference.  Now, if you think 3D über goggles is as important to a family as a working automobile, I believe you may need to re-evaluate your priorities.  You did get the memo that being great in this game is equal to jack squat in real life right?

Have a nice day and yes, I'm sure ill run into you in game.  Let me know when you've got your technology all ready and up to date.  We'll see how that works.  :aok :salute

You have a reading problem, maybe you should seek help? I basically said, anyone who waits for "tomorrows" tech and using it as an excuse not to use today tech is retarded.

I mean the person in question "vizualised" 10 years ago that there were going to be curved screens in the future (wich is still not here for the mass market) , and he then proceed with NOT getting a three monitor setup, based on that fact alone.

I find that statment hilarious.

And for the record, i freaking HATE 3D.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:28:37 PM by Maniac »

Offline major347

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 08:02:51 PM »
Okay now back to topic......
Will AH support this technology?
I know that will be a problem of being able to see outside your goggles ( like your keyboard ). Isnt that the point of VR goggles?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 09:11:51 PM »
You have a reading problem, maybe you should seek help? I basically said, anyone who waits for "tomorrows" tech and using it as an excuse not to use today tech is retarded.

I mean the person in question "vizualised" 10 years ago that there were going to be curved screens in the future (wich is still not here for the mass market) , and he then proceed with NOT getting a three monitor setup, based on that fact alone.

I find that statment hilarious.

I read clearly what you typed and that isn't it.  Maybe you need a course in communications...and spelling and additionally, you used a toad-like analogy to boot.  Let me give you a brief list of why some people don't care to get today's technology "today"

1.  They can beat you without technology and don't need it so why buy it
2.  They can't afford it anyway
3.  Its not needed by any stretch of the imagination, to have fun
4.  They wait for "idiot" early adopters to buy it first and fund the decrease in price for them because of #1 and #2.

I won't go on.  I suppose all the players that don't have updated video cards and have to turn some things off in-game to simply be able to play the game at 46 fps are retarded idiots too.  You sir, are a boor.  Again, I await your technological advantages, lol but make no mistake...I read what you said.  Don't try to change the meaning...that makes you look like you don't believe what youre selling.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 09:39:21 PM »
I read clearly what you typed and that isn't it.  Maybe you need a course in communications...and spelling and additionally, you used a toad-like analogy to boot.  Let me give you a brief list of why some people don't care to get today's technology "today"

4.  They wait for "idiot" early adopters to buy it first and fund the decrease in price for them because of #1 and #2.

I won't go on.  I suppose all the players that don't have updated video cards and have to turn some things off in-game to simply be able to play the game at 46 fps are retarded idiots too.  You sir, are a boor.  Again, I await your technological advantages, lol but make no mistake...I read what you said.  Don't try to change the meaning...that makes you look like you don't believe what youre selling.

Ya, they are idiots too, if they are holding out on a upgrade because of the same reason as this person stated.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 10:28:55 PM »

I won't go on.  I suppose all the players that don't have updated video cards and have to turn some things off in-game to simply be able to play the game at 46 fps are retarded idiots too.  You sir, are a boor.  Again, I await your technological advantages, lol but make no mistake...I read what you said.  Don't try to change the meaning...that makes you look like you don't believe what youre selling.

changeup the technology to use something similar has been around for decades and it is no closer to widespread use than it was back then.  I remember the first time I saw it was in 1993 when you put on a helmet and played a very cool game.  it was awesome and sadly that was the last I heard of it.

the first time I ever heard of something like that was back in the 70's right after star wars when luke use the force while his face was covered with the visor.  I remember somebody saying that in the future you will be able to put on a helmet and you could watch movies in which you could interact.

well we still waiting for the technology to evolve meanwhile the use of 3 monitors and trakir is kind of a replacement for it.  if you can afford to buy them then awesome if you cant or wont then that is cool too.

for a lot of people the game is not about your standard of "skill" but rather the enjoyment of pretending to be a pilot in a game while bs'ing with friends.

midway
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 11:35:51 PM »
Lets not forget the simple LITTLE fact that curved monitors aint available yet, or there is one, that uses projectors to project the screen, but thats cheating aint it? and its 6000 dollars.

As far as the Oculus, we will see, it could just be a big moneygrab from the developers.

I wouldnt be waiting for these solutions to become real, it COULD be another 10 year wait.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:40:48 PM by Maniac »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 01:22:24 AM »
Lets not forget the simple LITTLE fact that curved monitors aint available yet, or there is one, that uses projectors to project the screen, but thats cheating aint it? and its 6000 dollars.

As far as the Oculus, we will see, it could just be a big moneygrab from the developers.

I wouldnt be waiting for these solutions to become real, it COULD be another 10 year wait.

This one's figured out...he doesn't present an argument, he just thinks he's smart.  You must be one of those fellas that makes himself feel better by calling people idiots.  You can fix that...there are lots of professional people that can help you but at the end of the day, you'll still be you...and that must suck.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 01:24:54 AM »
changeup the technology to use something similar has been around for decades and it is no closer to widespread use than it was back then.  I remember the first time I saw it was in 1993 when you put on a helmet and played a very cool game.  it was awesome and sadly that was the last I heard of it.

the first time I ever heard of something like that was back in the 70's right after star wars when luke use the force while his face was covered with the visor.  I remember somebody saying that in the future you will be able to put on a helmet and you could watch movies in which you could interact.

well we still waiting for the technology to evolve meanwhile the use of 3 monitors and trakir is kind of a replacement for it.  if you can afford to buy them then awesome if you cant or wont then that is cool too.

for a lot of people the game is not about your standard of "skill" but rather the enjoyment of pretending to be a pilot in a game while bs'ing with friends.

midway

I'm aware of this semp, lmao!  This isn't about enjoyment, its about some b0ner calling people idiots, presenting a ridiculous analogy on why they should jump right out there and buy technology because this guy says so, lol.  Does it look cool?  sure...but he didn't present it as a $300 fun spend...he presented it like you'd be losing some kind of advantage becauase you don't buy it.  That's a joke.  

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 05:59:18 AM »

Do you walk around with one eye closed then?

Sorry I couldn't resist :D
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 01:17:50 PM »
I am sorry for bringing this topic back from the dead, but will Aces High be supporting this and compatible hardware?

I suspect they may be using the YEI 3 space sensor for the release versions, does and will AH support such sensors?