Author Topic: 5th Suicide Within 14 Months.  (Read 1814 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: 5th Suicide Within 14 Months.
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2013, 09:53:24 AM »
Going to therapy is a nice way to be labeled as a nutjob for life :D

really?  I bet they also make fun of people with brown hair in your country.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2013, 10:15:38 AM »
really?  I bet they also make fun of people with brown hair in your country.

semp

Hate to tell you, but what he said is true just about anywhere you go...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2013, 11:04:10 AM »
Hate to tell you, but what he said is true just about anywhere you go...

not where I live.  i know lots of people that have gone to therapy, heck I know people that have been in a mental hospital due to mental disease and nobody calls them nut jobs.

except when i lived in the south, if you saw a therapist, then the horror, you were crazy.  what can i say some people over there are weird.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2013, 11:22:56 AM »
not where I live.  i know lots of people that have gone to therapy, heck I know people that have been in a mental hospital due to mental disease and nobody calls them nut jobs.

except when i lived in the south, if you saw a therapist, then the horror, you were crazy.  what can i say some people over there are weird.

semp

http://www.hulu.com/watch/350669

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2013, 10:44:29 PM »
Going to therapy is a nice way to be labeled as a nutjob for life :D

The real nutjob's probably went to some therapy and told everyone to F themselves. Why do you need to tell anybody that you are in therapy? Discuss things with the therapist, not everyone else...Even if your company insurance was paying for it, none of your co-workers would know.

Labeled as a nutjob, or an actual nutjob...
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2013, 02:04:56 AM »
My Dad was in a looney bin and I went to visit it was like "One Flew over the cuckoos nest"  :)

The people who worked there acted like the nutters, you could not tell the difference :)

Join The GFC we have therapy sessions all the time usually involving abusive word therapy :)

Pipz murdered a dancing bear with a rubber weapon of some description, he said he felt endangered because he does not have the ability to dance in any way or form :old:

The above bear issue was resolved in The GFC discussion group, but we have not begun the process of Pipz showing any remorse for his actions and lack of empathy for the bear community as a whole :old:

ps Each session is priced on a sliding scale, the first 15 minutes is free but we will need your credit cards details before assessment can take place :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2013, 10:08:25 PM »
One of the major causes of suicides is the common belief that angst and mental breakdowns are signs of weakness and personal failure. The fact is that these conditions are the result of having been strong for too long.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2013, 11:23:44 PM »
to the people here who obviously don't have any idea what they are talking about...

count your blessings and kindly shut up.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2013, 02:54:08 AM »
I know the Therapy business make serious coin out of this scene :old:

Its starting in the UK :old:

Life is crap with a couple of fun bits here and there  :old:

I am awesome so is AH when I an online  :)

I am also King James V of the USA :rofl  

The GFC

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2013, 01:31:35 AM »
zack, your silly antics I'm sure are appreciated at certain times, and certain places. This is neither.

Take it somewhere else, please.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2013, 03:27:59 AM »
My Dad was in a looney bin and I went to visit it was like "One Flew over the cuckoos nest"  :)

The people who worked there acted like the nutters, you could not tell the difference :)

Join The GFC we have therapy sessions all the time usually involving abusive word therapy :)

Pipz murdered a dancing bear with a rubber weapon of some description, he said he felt endangered because he does not have the ability to dance in any way or form :old:

The above bear issue was resolved in The GFC discussion group, but we have not begun the process of Pipz showing any remorse for his actions and lack of empathy for the bear community as a whole :old:

ps Each session is priced on a sliding scale, the first 15 minutes is free but we will need your credit cards details before assessment can take place :old:

Ok I've read through this thread. And it is a serious issue.

But since I was a paramedic for 14 years I see the dark humor here. I have to confess I laughed pretty hard when I read Zacks post.

Life and death....wow what a topic. Sometimes these things reach out and smack you in the head. I can tell you that when faced with death and then acceptance of the fact....some things take a weird turn.

Many people deal with this in different ways. Humor is one of them. Its not always necessary to take "drugs". Sometimes a good laugh..even if its "politically incorrect" can give much needed perspective.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2013, 07:37:25 AM »
Ok I've read through this thread. And it is a serious issue.

But since I was a paramedic for 14 years I see the dark humor here. I have to confess I laughed pretty hard when I read Zacks post.

Life and death....wow what a topic. Sometimes these things reach out and smack you in the head. I can tell you that when faced with death and then acceptance of the fact....some things take a weird turn.

Many people deal with this in different ways. Humor is one of them. Its not always necessary to take "drugs". Sometimes a good laugh..even if its "politically incorrect" can give much needed perspective.

You just said a mouthful.

Agreed 100%

As angry as Zack's post may make some, due to their feelings about someone close to them taking their own life, it completely proves my point about suicide being selfish. It may, perhaps, permanently "fix" a temporarily troubled time in someone's life, while terribly affecting those that care about them for the rest of their lives. 

Funerals and grieving aren't for the benefit of the dead, they are for the living.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2013, 11:59:53 AM »
I apologize for any offense caused :old:

The GFC

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2013, 03:09:55 PM »
Of course I have no idea about this specific case. But in general, any cumulation of suicides in a given area can in turn trigger other sucides, in some cases even showning some 'epidemic' like qualities. This is especially true in young people, which are quick at following the 'example' of their peers.
That's  one reason why the media here is very reluctant in publishing anything about juvenile suicide cases.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgend_suicide_incidents

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline sntslilhlpr6601

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2013, 02:21:58 PM »
I don't understand the logic, or perhaps the lack thereof.

How does it ever make sense to off one's self to fix life's problems.

Always seemed the selfish way out.  Perhaps ONE person's issues wouldn't have to be dealt with, but it creates a whole LOT of problems for those around you that you won't have to worry about when you are gone...

I've been in that place before. And the above is the reason why I could never have done it. While no one really depended on me at the time I knew that there were many who loved me and would be devastated by losing me (even if it didn't seem like it at the time). I couldn't do that to them. Unfortunately my cousin didn't see things the same way.

And ****, I wanna see what happens to the world. Things might suck right now for a lot of people but we are still moving forward as a race. I wanna see the next battery tech. I wanna see painted solar panels. I wanna see a man on Mars. And I wanna ride my motorcycle.  :aok

No matter how bad things are, just know they could be worse. And know that the future is always worth seeing.