Author Topic: How to save someone from the "chemtrail" hoax....  (Read 11823 times)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Re: How to save someone from the "chemtrail" hoax....
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2013, 11:34:52 AM »
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the differance”

― Mark Twain

-Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience....   :rofl
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2013, 12:04:29 PM »
Read what I wrote and then try to understand finally that Win8 is the official release version and OEMs are obligated to sell it. If they refuse, MS will bump up their licensing costs.

Try to understand that 2 windows releases are on sale at any given time (officially). Big direct OEMs aren't obliged to sell anything, however they'll push certain release because of huge upfront licensing costs and they'll try to recoup the costs as quickly as possible. Also, their licensing costs aren't determined by sales but by volume of upfront commitment. MS can't bump the licensing costs after the fact.

It makes no difference whatsoever if you can buy Win7 or how long it's supported. Consumers buy ready computers and ready computers come with Win8 preinstalled.

They also come with Win7 pre-installed and large chunk of Win8 machines come with downgrade rights.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2013, 06:21:34 PM »
Read what I wrote and then try to understand finally that Win8 is the official release version and OEMs are obligated to sell it. If they refuse, MS will bump up their licensing costs.

It makes no difference whatsoever if you can buy Win7 or how long it's supported. Consumers buy ready computers and ready computers come with Win8 preinstalled.

foolish boy.  he's not used to the american way.  we dont stick to the dells, compaq, etc.  we also buy custom built computers which come with pre installed win7 or win8, your choice.  heck some will also build our own.

welcome to 2013 mrripley, we dont just buy stuff off the shelves  :cheers:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2013, 06:26:53 PM »
foolish boy.  he's not used to the american way.  we dont stick to the dells, compaq, etc.  we also buy custom built computers which come with pre installed win7 or win8, your choice.  heck some will also build our own.

welcome to 2013 mrripley, we dont just buy stuff off the shelves  :cheers:.

semp
Yup
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2013, 11:44:45 PM »
Try to understand that 2 windows releases are on sale at any given time (officially). Big direct OEMs aren't obliged to sell anything, however they'll push certain release because of huge upfront licensing costs and they'll try to recoup the costs as quickly as possible. Also, their licensing costs aren't determined by sales but by volume of upfront commitment. MS can't bump the licensing costs after the fact.

They also come with Win7 pre-installed and large chunk of Win8 machines come with downgrade rights.

Well that's where you're wrong. MS is pushing Win8 at full force and even using Win7 will become at a price penalty for the OEM. It's very essential to MS to make Win8 a success. That's why you see predominantly Win8 installs at oems. MS can and will bump licensing costs, just as they do for any OEM that will release other competing OSes on the side. They have agreements which will not 'raise the price' per se but they will lose refunds if they don't go exclusive on MS :)
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2013, 11:46:03 PM »
foolish boy.  he's not used to the american way.  we dont stick to the dells, compaq, etc.  we also buy custom built computers which come with pre installed win7 or win8, your choice.  heck some will also build our own.

welcome to 2013 mrripley, we dont just buy stuff off the shelves  :cheers:.

semp

Foolish you, you Americans are the biggest end consumers of OEM computers and I'm 100% sure that the percentile of home builders is much larger in the tech savvy nordic countries for example. You have to stop looking at your own belly and wake up.

Your narrow mind fails to see the realities of general consumers who often don't even know what the OS is or what it does when they buy a computer.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:48:11 PM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2013, 10:09:10 AM »
LOL........ad hominem attacks on america in general.

You've spun the topic away from the earlier ownage and all you got was more ownage from where your spin landed you.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2013, 10:50:44 AM »
Oh yeah you wanna make fun of Americans bellys do ya?  Well at least we drive on the correct side of the road! 

The Few

-Spek

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2013, 01:17:17 PM »
Well that's where you're wrong. MS is pushing Win8 at full force and even using Win7 will become at a price penalty for the OEM. It's very essential to MS to make Win8 a success. That's why you see predominantly Win8 installs at oems. MS can and will bump licensing costs, just as they do for any OEM that will release other competing OSes on the side. They have agreements which will not 'raise the price' per se but they will lose refunds if they don't go exclusive on MS :)

It's not about me being wrong, but about 4 largest OEM in US market. That's your claim.

Just a quick sampler among largest OEMs in their "consumer" sections

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2013, 01:40:42 PM »
Bam.

The Few

-Spek

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2013, 01:57:41 PM »
Ignore MrRiplEy he has bitten the Apple and has a taste for the overpriced fruit......
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2013, 04:20:11 PM »
Ignore MrRiplEy he has bitten the Apple and has a taste for the overpriced fruit......
That is a nice one. 

The Few

-Spek

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2014, 01:09:03 AM »
Remember this thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsYG5emdZp8&feature=youtu.be

Maybe there is truth to the whole chem trail hoax?  This is scary if true.  I'm in California and it does not rain as it used to.

There is also a lot of heavy metal contamination in our local soil and my kids tested positive for maximum aluminum dioxide in their bloodstream recently. 

If you do not chose to believe this: fine.  However make sure you and your family wear sun screen at all times especially in the summer and get water purifiers.  Below is another link to the Shasta County Board of Supervisors where multiple testimony by former officials in the military, scientists, ect... who testify affirming chem-trails or geoengineering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4WhYKP83zo

* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2014, 01:12:50 AM »

Oh yeah? And look who was right in the end. MS admitted their mistakes with Win8 with 8.1 and upcoming 9 having a total revamp of code.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2014, 01:15:11 AM »
Oh yeah you wanna make fun of Americans bellys do ya?  Well at least we drive on the correct side of the road! 

An example of the US education system lol. Only the british drive left side in Europe.