Author Topic: No Icons for enemy  (Read 10809 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: No Icons for enemy
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2013, 03:16:49 PM »
i just wish he'd try it out sometime, thats all i "wish".

If he does (let's say for 30 minutes during prime-time in the LWMA tonight) I'd be willing to wager real money that it would be a fail. Here's an important factor to realize - HT really would be wagering real money, if he did.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2013, 03:55:31 PM »
Not on my part, I assure you.  :)

Are you thinking this is a new discussion or that HT has never weighed in on this before?

HT has catered to variety. It's called hosting multiple arenas in spite of popularity or use. HT has even made adjustments in the MA. But not in a hasty or hectic manner. This is more than a hobby to him.

The wish list is full of ideas of all kinds and 'fun' is subjective. Practicality, however, seldom is.

Why you keep invoking HTC as though you represent them. Please stop that.
No one in this discussion is questioning the game developers decisions. Stop pretending way are.
Your pn the wish list board....get it? Dicuss the wish please.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2013, 04:10:23 PM »
Why you keep invoking HTC as though you represent them. Please stop that.

No one in this discussion is questioning the game developers decisions. Stop pretending way are.
Your pn the wish list board....get it? Dicuss the wish please.

Why? HT is aware of the thread. IF I get it wrong, I bet he can set things straight. What part of discussing potential impracticality is not part of such a discussion? HT has decided to not turn off enemy icons in the LWMA. He's participated in this thread and didn't seem excited about this suggestion. Your going off about how little this applies to the discussion comes off as an unwillingness to concede that this idea may not be as great as you want it to be ... but it is still part of the discussion.  :aok

Offline -error

• Zinc Member
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2013, 06:32:51 AM »
Hands off icons on MA!  :D
I, personally, have to do enough pixel hunting with current arena's settings, thank you very much.

PS. Whoever wants no icons is free to press Alt-I couple of times whenever they want to.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:15:15 AM by -error »
AH: impulse9

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2013, 07:03:46 AM »
Why? HT is aware of the thread. IF I get it wrong, I bet he can set things straight. What part of discussing potential impracticality is not part of such a discussion? HT has decided to not turn off enemy icons in the LWMA. He's participated in this thread and didn't seem excited about this suggestion. Your going off about how little this applies to the discussion comes off as an unwillingness to concede that this idea may not be as great as you want it to be ... but it is still part of the discussion.  :aok

more non-value input.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2013, 09:10:17 AM »
more non-value input.

Don't resort to irony as your own 'value' input. If you don't know how to respond, perhaps you shouldn't.  :D

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2013, 09:53:23 AM »
Don't resort to irony as your own 'value' input. If you don't know how to respond, perhaps you shouldn't.  :D

I keep trying to get your opinion on how no-icon would affect game play. So far all your responses have been...

1) you just want changes because you stink and think this will help
2) HTC already knows everything so discussing anything is stupid.
3) This idea can't be a good one, because it's not already in the game.
4) I know you are but what am I?
5) I know you are but what am I?

All of your comments were designed to shut down the discussion , and make it pointless with contrarianism. It's a discussion board. The purpose is to discuss an idea, not to discuss whether the idea should be discussed. Please stop playing BBS Referee. It's not your job.

thanks,  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2013, 10:14:46 AM »
I keep trying to get your opinion on how no-icon would affect game play. So far all your responses have been...

1) you just want changes because you stink and think this will help
2) HTC already knows everything so discussing anything is stupid.
3) This idea can't be a good one, because it's not already in the game.
4) I know you are but what am I?
5) I know you are but what am I?

All of your comments were designed to shut down the discussion , and make it pointless with contrarianism. It's a discussion board. The purpose is to discuss an idea, not to discuss whether the idea should be discussed. Please stop playing BBS Referee. It's not your job.

thanks,  :salute

Who's attempting to play 'BBS ref?'

Noooo, Vink. Besides, what happened to the Vink that was somewhat irate over having his quote edited with a bracket, therefore being misrepresented? :lol

If you don't like the response I've given to your suggestion, that's fine. If you feel the necessity to whine that my response is non-productive (along with other topic participants, apparently - AvA no icon fans and the actual designer of the game included) ... I hate to tell you but it's not me trying to be a topic nazi.

Crusade on, brother.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:46:35 AM by Arlo »

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2013, 11:01:10 AM »
Who's attempting to play 'BBS ref?'

Noooo, Vink. Besides, what happened to the Vink that was somewhat irate over having his quote edited with a bracket, therefore being misrepresented? :lol

If you don't like the response I've given to your suggestion, that's fine. If you feel the necessity to whine that my response is non-productive (along with other topic participants, apparently - AvA no icon fans and the actual designer of the game included) ... I hate to tell you but it's not me trying to be a topic nazi.

Crusade on, brother.  ;)

fail
Who is John Galt?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2013, 11:15:54 AM »
fail

Ok, if you have a problem with me, personal or otherwise ... or if you have a problem with how I choose to discuss the topic - take it up with Skuzzy. I trust his judgement wholeheartedly. I'm as familiar with his rules for topic discussion as anyone on the forum. When and if you decide to discuss the topic again, maybe adding something new, I may well have an opinion to add to that, as well.  :)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2013, 11:24:59 AM »
One thing I will definitely agree with Vinkman on, is that adding it as another arena would not give it a fair chance.  It would merely be another place to milkrun.  It would actually likely be THE place to milkrun, if it had late war planes and it was harder to find people.

It's a catch-22.  The only way to really test it is to throw it in the Main, and that would mightily tick people off.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2013, 11:28:50 AM »
The only way to really test it is to throw it in the Main, and that would mightily tick people off.

The heart and soul of my viewpoint.  :aok

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2013, 12:30:43 PM »
One thing I will definitely agree with Vinkman on, is that adding it as another arena would not give it a fair chance.  It would merely be another place to milkrun.  It would actually likely be THE place to milkrun, if it had late war planes and it was harder to find people.

It's a catch-22.  The only way to really test it is to throw it in the Main, and that would mightily tick people off.

Wiley.

Thanks Wiley <S>  

Again, I'm not convinced  that it would improve the LWMA. I see benefits and draw backs. I'm for trying it to find out. That's all. I think if it was tried on beta one night experiment basis and that was explained in an arena message, folks could deal with it just fine. I have a lot of faith in the community.  :salute
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:32:31 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2013, 12:45:48 PM »
Ok, if you have a problem with me, personal or otherwise ... or if you have a problem with how I choose to discuss the topic - take it up with Skuzzy. I trust his judgement wholeheartedly. I'm as familiar with his rules for topic discussion as anyone on the forum. When and if you decide to discuss the topic again, maybe adding something new, I may well have an opinion to add to that, as well.  :)

Arlo, I don't have a problem with you at all. It's strange because in another thread about airspeed you posted the perfect answer...you went up in your F4U, took a screen shot of the Air Speed indicator and answered the question clear and decisively. You didn't mock the OP's reasons for claiming planes don't fly as fast as they're supposed to.  I just wanted to try to direct you to the same courtesy in this thread you showed in the other one. That's all.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2013, 12:52:16 PM »
Arlo, I don't have a problem with you at all. It's strange because in another thread about airspeed you posted the perfect answer...you went up in your F4U, took a screen shot of the Air Speed indicator and answered the question clear and decisively. You didn't mock the OP's reasons for claiming planes don't fly as fast as they're supposed to.  I just wanted to try to direct you to the same courtesy in this thread you showed in the other one. That's all.  :salute

You having a problem with my opinion as to why no icons is a bad idea in the MA not involving a screenshot has nothing to do with my being discourteous. But ... what you're doing, presently, is an example of not productively discussing the topic. If you feel mocked by me, specifically, I assure you that it's a perception problem .. and not mine.  :D

You're welcome.  :salute