Author Topic: There's wind now?  (Read 6849 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Re: There's wind now?
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2013, 09:36:52 AM »
Kudos to HTC for keeping the game fresh.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2013, 05:47:57 PM »
Look at the post right above mine. The part where it says "drastic".  :lol

Agreed that it needs more buffer between each zone so the gust's of wind aren't so drastic.

20 MPH horizontal wind shear is not drastic, I don't believe it's even considered significant as long as you aren't near the ground.

You're the first person I've heard mention "drastic".  Many have mentioned transition.  IE: 0 to 20mph in the distance of 1 vertical-foot.

:headscratch:

Since we're getting litteral, the drastic gusts/transition or the wind is drastic?

If you are at a direct headwind or tailwind, the automatic bombsight will compensate. If it is at a crosswind, it will not.

And that expalins a lot about the hours I wasted/tested this weekend with confusing/founding results.  Thanks Spikes!

Found the cross wind bomb sight bub.

It is fixed for the next patch.

HiTech

Hotpatch, please  :pray
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:53:09 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2013, 09:04:47 PM »
i have a question ,not with the winds but with the clouds,does anyone else have a rapid frame rate drop when flying thru them? i go from 60 to 10 its like flying with a strobe light going off in my cockpit :O
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2013, 09:10:19 PM »
  Gonna put my money where my mouth is after reading my post. Fun is gone, I am out. Will come back if they work it out. 9 years, pft...

Let me be the first to say: Don't forget your ball and don't let the door scrape the backs of your ankles on the way out.  Oh, and go back to school to learn how to read.  HTC has said they are working on the "bug" and it will correct the issue in the next patch. 

It has been awhile since a new version of AH has caused THIS much drama.  Damn.   :bhead
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline GOODBYE

• Zinc Member
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2013, 11:01:40 PM »
Years ago I thought it would be awesome to have a real world weather environment like Real Envoronment Extreme for FS9/FSX but within flying minimums/maximums as per real WW2 flying operations. So that a thunderstorm wouldn't ground everyone.

Of course those running 10 year old computers would complain but it would be a great yup
enhancement to have real variable weatjeer.
Maybe we could have two arenas one for those
that keep up with technology in cpu/gpu's and those that still expect 60fps on their 10 year old business desktops.  :ahand

<S>...-Gixer

Thunderstorm with raining sheep?  :aok
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:07:21 PM by GOODBYE »
U.S. Army : Combat Medic

Selfless Service

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2013, 02:26:17 AM »
the fact that such a major bug "bombing is broken" could go into production in the MA is consterning. Loosing customers over this is a given.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2013, 08:57:53 AM »
the fact that such a major bug "bombing is broken" could go into production in the MA is consterning. Loosing customers over this is a given.

Absolutely amazing, since the bug has existed for at least 3 or 4 years.

HiTech

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2013, 09:07:05 AM »
If customers quit every time their bombs missed...

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2013, 09:09:07 AM »

"loosing"?  

Forget it, he's rollin'....
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2013, 01:54:05 PM »

The bug only affects anyone if he is bombing when his bomber is experiencing a side wind.  For years, there has been no wind in the Main Arena, so in that case, there is nothing to notice. In scenarios, we routinely put it in wind specifically to make things more realistic and to make bombing harder.  We didn't know it was a bug -- to us, it was something we liked.  :aok

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2013, 01:55:42 PM »
Absolutely amazing, since the bug has existed for at least 3 or 4 years.

HiTech

that's even worst!  :O

The bug only affects anyone if he is bombing when his bomber is experiencing a side wind.  For years, there has been no wind in the Main Arena, so in that case, there is nothing to notice. In scenarios, we routinely put it in wind specifically to make things more realistic and to make bombing harder.  We didn't know it was a bug -- to us, it was something we liked.  :aok

yeah that was the next question in my head, if anyone actually used wind all these years lol
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2013, 02:19:52 PM »
i have a question ,not with the winds but with the clouds,does anyone else have a rapid frame rate drop when flying thru them? i go from 60 to 10 its like flying with a strobe light going off in my cockpit :O

Try disabling cloud bump mapping.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2013, 02:30:24 PM »

lol ^^ This
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2013, 02:56:59 PM »

And as far as I know, using the manual (harder) calibration does account for side-drift...and we tend to use manual calibration often.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2013, 04:33:43 PM »
And as far as I know, using the manual (harder) calibration does account for side-drift...and we tend to use manual calibration often.

That is correct, the bug was only with the auto calibration.

HiTech