Author Topic: Hey <explicative> thanks for helping me out.  (Read 2796 times)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
Re: Hey <explicative> thanks for helping me out.
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 01:09:17 AM »
The title of this thread threw me off because it's exactly what I say when a teammate comes in to HO or pick the target I'm 300 off while my tracers are flying.

I enjoy it most when you've battled a guy down from altitude, saddled him up and squeeze the trigger only to watch your rounds hammering into the arse end of a countryman who's charging in for the steal. After all it's entertaining landing your crippled plane with a pw caused by your own fire :bhead
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2013, 02:59:46 AM »
-"Help me, its a F-in cheater, his brewster is outturning my brewster!!!"
10 seconds later
-"Help me, F you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
3 seconds later
-"F you, friggen muppet!!!!"

troof!  :lol
AoM
City of ice

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2013, 03:10:29 AM »
The title of this thread threw me off because it's exactly what I say when a teammate comes in to HO or pick the target I'm 300 off while my tracers are flying.

Don't you love seeing those tracers go right past you and into the target in front of you? Maybe it's their way of telling me my gunnery skills suck  :headscratch:

Danny76 (quote):  "I enjoy it most when you've battled a guy down from altitude, saddled him up and squeeze the trigger only to watch your rounds hammering into the arse end of a countryman who's charging in for the steal. After all it's entertaining landing your crippled plane with a pw caused by your own fire that feels better."

That one's even more fun.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:25:25 AM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2013, 06:44:38 AM »
Sometimes I feel sad for the friendly that sucks so bad he can't shoot an nmy 200 in front of him. After watching the first half of the friendly's clip go to waste I feel obligated  to help   :banana:
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Ripley

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2013, 09:06:30 AM »
It was call sign *******. There I said it. Check earlier post for callsign

And that doesn't surprise me one bit. Not to get off on too much of a tangent but I have history with this particular person and he 'boils over' relatively easy.

I remember (and will never forget as i have a video of the entire thing) one day I shot him down three times. The second and third time he comes over to my squad's VOX and lays into me for being a picker. Thing is both the times he whined about it he was at co E with me in a spit and decided to dive down to the deck to nab the low and slow guy without much of a chance.

Dont take his rant seriously. It's not worth the frustration in this case.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:08:06 AM by Ripley »
Ripley

4th Fighter Group "Debden Eagles"

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2013, 09:15:38 AM »
I enjoy it most when you've battled a guy down from altitude, saddled him up and squeeze the trigger only to watch your rounds hammering into the arse end of a countryman who's charging in for the steal. After all it's entertaining landing your crippled plane with a pw caused by your own fire :bhead
:aok
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2013, 10:32:55 AM »
I get a kick out people like him.  Never ever blame someone else for you get shot down.  Ever.  You're responsible for your own action or lack of action.  Always.

The bolded text should pass across the center of the screen every time you are shot down to remind some people.

It is nobody's obligation to watch your six except your wingie and your squaddies.  It is also not anybody's obligation to come clear your six when you dive into a pack of red on the deck and get target fixated.

It's nice when people help you, it's the smart thing to do, and I do it whenever possible, but it's not something you should ever expect at the level of telling people off when they don't over vox/text.  Your six is nobody's responsibility but your own.

Just MHO.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2013, 08:16:15 PM »
Here I am, note tracers from two different sources.

Here he is.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:20:59 PM by FLOOB »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2013, 12:00:07 AM »
I remember once a few years ago I was in deep doo doo, alone on the deck with about ten red guys swirling about me.  Out of the blue (literally) I hear over vox "Bald, you look like you're in trouble.  Need help?"  I caught a glimpse of two friendlies passing by overhead and replied "Nope, I've got em".

I died shotly after but there's no way I was going to intentionally drag two more friendlies into a mess I'd created on my own (and on purpose I might add). 

This was at a time in my AH "career" that I'd look at the map, find the most overwhelming odds against me and fly into it thinking that would be the best way to help my country and often it was.  Lemmings will swarm to a lone con taking them out of other fights, holding them up and allowing others to reach their bases and then stop them low and slow.

Clearly this person had no concept of "sacraficial lamb" or in my case, sacraficial BaldEagl.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2013, 12:10:00 AM »
Get another cartoon plane, fly back and dive in again. 

Psst!  You aren't really dying.  If you were, you'd never have put yourself in that kind of spot to begin with :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 07:21:29 AM »
Knights don't fighter over enemy bases. They only run all the way home and only then get brave when they are in their ack.  :lol

I want some of THIS guy.  I love listening to the altfairies romance us with stories of vicious battles as they go flying by and back up to their perch, all the while dusting their wings with baby powder and vagisil. 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2013, 08:26:35 AM »

:mad:

I've had this happen to me so many times the past two months I finally started calling people out on range about it.  I can see it happening in a big furball when everyone's hair is on fire wanting a kill...but it's been happening more and more even in small engagements.  Last month I was in a pretty fun 1v1 when some sweetheartbag pounces in out of nowhere just when I pulled the trigger on the guys six and BANG....radiator hit on my plane. 
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2013, 09:41:11 AM »
:mad:

I've had this happen to me so many times the past two months I finally started calling people out on range about it.  I can see it happening in a big furball when everyone's hair is on fire wanting a kill...but it's been happening more and more even in small engagements.  Last month I was in a pretty fun 1v1 when some sweetheartbag pounces in out of nowhere just when I pulled the trigger on the guys six and BANG....radiator hit on my plane. 

:lol

You lobbed a 12 clearing accusation in my general direction (I assume since I got the kill) when a con you were chasing pulled up and across my nose a few nights ago. 

At least I didn't dive in front of you.   :angel: 

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2013, 10:03:32 AM »
 :o

Sorry dude.  My recent frustration with these sorts of situations overcame my normal good humour. 

I don't believe I called you out directly... if memory serves I said something like "Whoever that was...thanks for clearing my damn 12" ....had I known it was you, I'd not have done so as I know you to be a decent, honourable sort. 

Please ignore my rants....my meds should be arriving in the mail shortly.   :x
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2013, 11:01:41 AM »
sacrificial BaldEagl.
No such thing as a sacrificial Bald Eagle.

There is however "Mobbing" an antipredator behavior which occurs when individuals of a certain species (country) mob a predator by cooperatively attacking or harassing it, usually to protect their offspring (score).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobbing_%28animal_behavior%29
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."