Author Topic: idea for the great GV battles at a tank town,to prevent massive bombing  (Read 1016 times)

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
  WTG hitech on the wind.  this starts at 10k and goes up......How about rain and bad weather below 10k at tank town on maps with that feature.  a little weather wont really affect the gv play,but might thwart the massive bombing of gv's at that point. the rest of the map would still be clear and normal,just the tank town gv area would be affected.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Hmm qouldntherw possibly be lightning? If so I'd be just go to tt for a photo shoot of awesome kills :D
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Why do people that take out GVs insist they should be immune from air attack?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
 :headscratch:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 02:01:19 PM by TOMCAT21 »
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
If you lift it or roll it in the main arenas, it is a target.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
I agree.  If you up in a tank you're a target. Safe from nothing.  It is about as gamey as it gets though having a Lancaster carpet bomb a couple of tanks with 14/1000 lb bombs
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
Why do people that take out GVs insist they should be immune from air attack?

ack-ack

I would be cool with some form of that IF it were also nearly impossible for the main gun of a tank to hit a maneuvering aircraft.  Just like in RL.

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Before you spawn a GV, help 'em take down ords at nearest air field. bomb****s are busy resupplying or awhile.  :D
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
  WTG hitech on the wind.  this starts at 10k and goes up......How about rain and bad weather below 10k at tank town on maps with that feature.  a little weather wont really affect the gv play,but might thwart the massive bombing of gv's at that point. the rest of the map would still be clear and normal,just the tank town gv area would be affected.

So what about guys like myself who like to go on bombing runs? Not against GV's but against targets in general. I don't care if that is the HQ or a Bomber Hanger. If I bomb above 10K I have wind that, at this moment, makes hitting the target extremely challenging. Now you are asking to make it almost impossible for me to bomb UNDER 10K as well? Whats the point in me bombing? I am as entitled as you are to have fun in my own way. I pay the same ammount. So why try to limit what I can do? I understand you mentioned only in the TT area, however as far as I am aware the arena settings do not allow for specific areas of weather. It is all or nothing and with that said, I vote loudly for nothing. I'm sure I am not going to be the only Buff Pilot feeling this way about your wish.
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member

^
|
what about these dweebs?
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: idea for the great GV battles at a tank town,to prevent massive bombing
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 04:45:51 PM »
The problem isnt that, its that all fields seem to field formations of lancs and other heavy bombers.

This may be an error with the map design ideaologies currently circling around the game or a lack of controlling inplements but the true culprit lies in the inherently flawed spawn camping system that exists.

Most gv battles are wack-a-mole minigames which, while sustain the current demands of the community make it a laughing stock of gameplay to those otherwise not fimiliar with the emotional demands that drive it.

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 04:46:03 PM »
well it's one thing to carpet bomb the spawn with 17's or lancs. It's another to carry limited ord to go seek  and out GV's.
If you lift it or roll it in the main arenas, it is a target.
I agree with you 100 %
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 05:42:28 PM »
Macleod01......you have the right to bomb and help capture fields.....have fun doing it. He is referring to the areas of the map that are dedicated to GV fights. There are guys that bomb GV's and that is all they do. That is why I suggested taking down ords at the near air fields.  It has no effect on capturing the map. 
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 05:47:19 PM »
The classic solution is for fighters to shoot the bombers down.

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 07:54:56 PM »
How bout you give me a A-10 help me help you

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMPPPP PPPPPPRTTTT
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny