Author Topic: having some balance troubles or is everybody cool with this?  (Read 6286 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: having some balance troubles or is everybody cool with this?
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2013, 10:09:37 AM »
i'd have loved to have the proper planes for this.....but with the votes to get new aircraft, even if it was offered, the lw main players would never vote in another ew aircraft.

i'd have been happy if i could've had some way to make adjustments to its the tbm's performance even.......

Although Hitech does offer a vote, look at the last few planes we got - Brewster, P40s, I-16 (off top of my head). While many will complain the new planes are "useless" in the late war arena, they are there for the historical purpose of scenarios.
I completely vote on early war/midwar to finish out before anymore late war rides. Sorry the BnZ crew has enough rides to play with, rest of us want our toys.

That being said - We need planes like the Devastator, Barracuda, Beaufighter and Ki-21 or Ki-48 bombers.

As it is I complained once about the Japanese having the Ki-67 and was frowned upon when the Ki-48 was the standard bomber of the Southwest Pacific during this period. Then again the ones who complained probably quit the game due to lack of any knowledge period.
JG 52

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2013, 10:36:59 AM »
Although Hitech does offer a vote, look at the last few planes we got - Brewster, P40s, I-16 (off top of my head). While many will complain the new planes are "useless" in the late war arena, they are there for the historical purpose of scenarios.
I completely vote on early war/midwar to finish out before anymore late war rides. Sorry the BnZ crew has enough rides to play with, rest of us want our toys.

That being said - We need planes like the Devastator, Barracuda, Beaufighter and Ki-21 or Ki-48 bombers.

As it is I complained once about the Japanese having the Ki-67 and was frowned upon when the Ki-48 was the standard bomber of the Southwest Pacific during this period. Then again the ones who complained probably quit the game due to lack of any knowledge period.

i'll bet i'm not the only cm salivating reading that bolded statement above.......

i don't bother complaining, as i just don't have the time, or desire to get upset about it. i take the toys i'm given, and do the best as i can, although i do make mistakes sometimes..........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2013, 10:40:28 AM »
i'll bet i'm not the only cm salivating reading that bolded statement above.......

i don't bother complaining, as i just don't have the time, or desire to get upset about it. i take the toys i'm given, and do the best as i can, although i do make mistakes sometimes..........

There is no set standard for Scenarios, FSOs, Snapshots - what do you do when Numbers drop big time? You have to adjust - not all the adjustments come out ok - people whine and cry because they have nothing better to do. Leave the CM's out of it - if you have a way to make FSO better - then feel free,
otherwise some people just run there gator to much.

I always Joked FSO is like Turkey Soup I make, every time its different because I have no recipe for it - I just make it and hope it turns out alright- while it usually does except for last time when I added Cayanne pepper on accident. Ouch.
JG 52

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2013, 10:41:53 AM »

Plus 1

Add the early Yak, Mig, and La, as well as Russian bombers to that list too!

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2013, 10:42:06 AM »

Nor ex.  :D

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2013, 03:16:27 PM »
If you want to check about fairness, just look how many TBM's were truely at Coral Sea!!!!!!!!!
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »
If you want to check about fairness, just look how many TBM's were truely at Coral Sea!!!!!!!!!

Are you truly wanting to make a case for 'TBM unfairness?'  :rofl

Offline pops57

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2013, 05:54:17 PM »
The TBM takes a bucket load of any IJN aircrafts ammo load to kill it, where  the devastator was by all accounts I've read much easier to toast. That makes a difference when you are miles from your carrier/resupply. Those cannon rounds are worth gold.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2013, 06:08:33 PM »
The TBM takes a bucket load of any IJN aircrafts ammo load to kill it, where  the devastator was by all accounts I've read much easier to toast. That makes a difference when you are miles from your carrier/resupply. Those cannon rounds are worth gold.

You know there's nothing else available to practically sub for a USN torpedo bomber, right?  ;)

I'm thinking both of you may ought to read the logs of this event before hyperventilating
over the TBMs subbing for TBDs and the extreme unfairness of it all. 

Check with Fester for A6M lessons:

Frame 1

Fester

23:59:41 Departed from Field #34 in a A6M2
00:21:55 Awarded kill as SIRB crashes.
00:22:19 Helps kappa shoot down FiLtH.
00:30:34 Shot down a TBM-3 flown by mbailey.
00:31:09 Shot down a TBM-3 flown by Triton28.
00:31:53 Shot down a TBM-3 flown by cobra89.
00:35:21 Helps kappa shoot down Trap78.
00:40:42 Shot down a TBM-3 flown by cactus.
00:48:24 Shot down a SBD-5 flown by Wulf149.

:D

Offline pops57

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2013, 07:40:51 PM »
Yep I get it Arlo, no other ac to stand in for the Devastator. My point was only to highlight the two ac's are quite different in capability and durability.  In this game, as in real life combat many hammer away and hit little while some are superior marksmen. I fall into the latter category unfortunately. By the way my breathing was fully under control--no hyperventilating issues-- but thanks for the concern! I had a great time, it was a banner mission for me as I got two kills, quite a fete for me and survived which I don't do often either. Looking forward to the next mission. I seem to often be misunderstood when I open my yap, so let me say thanks to all you who put these scenarios together you do a great job and make this a great game to play! Salute, sdpops57 out.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2013, 07:42:54 PM »
You know there's nothing else available to practically sub for a USN torpedo bomber, right?  ;)

I'm thinking both of you may ought to read the logs of this event before hyperventilating
over the TBMs subbing for TBDs and the extreme unfairness of it all.  

Check with Fester for A6M lessons:

Frame 1

Fester

00:30:34 Shot down a TBM-3 flown by mbailey.

:D

And im still cool with it  :D    (sorry Shifty, couldnt resist)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 07:46:37 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2013, 07:56:52 PM »
And im still cool with it  :D    (sorry Shifty, couldnt resist)

I'm cool with you're being cool.  :cool:

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2013, 08:20:24 PM »
You know there's nothing else available to practically sub for a USN torpedo bomber, right?  ;)
No. The Allies should use the B5N as well. In fact, the Kate is still an upgrade over the Devastator.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2013, 08:33:40 PM »
As Arlo showed,  I have a hard time believing the  TBM 's are too much machine for this setup.   Those kills Fester and Kappa got on us weren't with us flying straight and level.

Yes,  we turned to fight them.   Seemed like a good idea at the time.    :D
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2013, 08:48:35 PM »
well I really don't see how this cannot be 'fixed' rather quickly (i.e. next time we run pacific) -

This post started with a complaint about the sbd, the sbd was the problem and we should be crying about them, but the problem is the impossibility of covering for the TBM-3 (it is faster then anything we have - period) which 'should' be easy kills (as it was during the war). . .

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO