Author Topic: Trinity  (Read 1759 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: Trinity
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 09:05:25 PM »
One of you guys who miss Trinity so much should make a map and chuck it up in the custom arena. Shouldnt take too long, something like this:

V1 --------------->     <--------------- V2

then you can play GV whackamole for hours on end, just like Trinity :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 10:00:30 PM »
lol hareder then that to make a map
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 01:22:54 AM »
trinity map was filled with good friends and good places to shoot... i miss that map.. it was a map where enemies became friends and friends became family :cheers:...respect born outa action :salute.. so i say... BRING BACK TRINITY!  :O :O:rock :rock
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 02:58:44 AM »

can't be that hard

MickyD made a map for our use in the Custom Arenas, and he's a scouser!
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 06:43:00 AM »
One of you guys who miss Trinity so much should make a map and chuck it up in the custom arena. Shouldnt take too long, something like this:

Load up my terrain "Canyon" into a custom arena. It's a two-country map, but should provide some fun GV battles either at the central lake or where the spawn points meet in the north.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 07:02:26 AM »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 10:16:27 AM »
Complete shame the whiners got Trinity tossed.

Because when a majority of customers complain about your product you should ignore them?  :headscratch:
Who is John Galt?

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 10:19:29 AM »

The last time i check CA only would allow 16 or 17 players in at one time so that not enough room for 1 squad let alone all the GVers.
G3-MF

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 10:22:04 AM »
Bring it back +100 

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 05:05:04 PM »
Because when a majority of customers complain about your product you should ignore them?  :headscratch:

Hate to pop your bubble but the majority of players do not even read the forums, much less post.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 05:09:12 PM »
Hate to pop your bubble but the majority of players do not even read the forums, much less post.

A quantitative sampling, then.  :D

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 05:15:20 PM »

Respectfully, I'd submit that HTC noticed something about it that made it bad, either numbers shifting down when it's up or something else along those lines, and based their decision on that.  A lot of squeaky wheels didn't like Trinity, but there was a pretty similarly sized group that seemed to vocally like it.

What gets said on the forum sometimes has meaning, but far more often it's just an echo of what might be going through the heads of some of the normal players in the arena.

Most were like me, just wanted some sky to fly in and make with the pewpew.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Gorf13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 08:16:01 PM »
Another vote for the return of Trinity...

If the real reason it was removed was that it was to hard to reset...put a time limit on it, something like 48 or 72 hours or whatever.

Just my $0.02...

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 04:22:03 AM »
It's not only that is was hard to reset, but that the front lines rarely moved from their starting positions. So you would log on for a week or more and find not only the same map, but the same few fields being fought over.

It was also badly imbalanced, with one border having the famous campfest which sucked GVers away from the other two borders and a gap through the mountains at A1 but with no similar gaps at the other two borders. Other maps have balance issues, Mindanao springs to mind, but at least they are only up for a day or two.

Trinity should only come back when HTC fix its issues. To avoid the frontline bottleneck they should lower the border mountains to a reasonable height, say 7K, add one or more gap fields similar to A1 at the other two borders and put a few island bases in the border seas. Also either move the campfest spawns to tank town or at least balance it with two more campfests on the other borders.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 06:23:12 PM »
Another vote for the return of Trinity...

If the real reason it was removed was that it was to hard to reset...put a time limit on it, something like 48 or 72 hours or whatever.

Just my $0.02...

It was not.  Although an agressive time limit would of benefited it, a rebalance could of as well (couple more ports/CVs, copy-paste V135 two more times on each front... on the personal side, maybe trim the mountains just ~5k).

And Greebo brought up some similar and better points too, I forgot it even had a TT in the middle (but it was underutilised (especialy with the more popular V-spawns) as TTs go in the MAs, so...). 
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.