Author Topic: Was AH ever....  (Read 1706 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Was AH ever....
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 09:57:18 PM »
The game has reached another period of comfortable steady state where waiting for the enemy to make the first large move has settled in. Milling around and avoiding each other in less than multi versus few is the normative. Casual observation shows a polarization of one group has air to its back while the other has auto defenses to it's. Meeting as equal groups between fields other than by caprice is the exception to the rule unless more often it's many chasing the few. Altitude is now a safety buffer rather than a group wing strategy to save hoarded capped fields.

The almost every night vTard hoard was the height of the last disruptive period. It's self definitive by how the words and concepts of "NOE" and "hoard" has now been relegated to a similar social evil as "cheater" visa community peer pressure. And to some degree synonymous for how effective a tactic they are. Who wants to be lame now by upping large scale anything to stomp on anyone in sneaky secrecy? Yes we still do it some because for most, how else will you ever capture territory. But, a social stigma is attached to it like being a conservative christian. The whining was legion for a few years in here up to and after the vTards achieved the pinnacle of their era. Yes we now have comfortable little fights where the field and town gets de-acked three or four full times over several hours while the town going white flag is ignored like gentlemen not looking when a lady has a ward robe malfunction.

Now we have tanks that can main gun wing shoot air attackers and be their own air defense. So GVers are off hiding in the trees plinking at each other instead of playing WoT. At least they are in our game hiding in the bushes plinking at each other and racking up amazing single shot main gun kills against fighters. It's almost not worth trying to get close enough to tanks with an IL2 or Ju87G2 so the rounds can penetrate tank armor. When you are close enough for penetration and pull the trigger, there's a loud boom and you're back in the tower. Or when you jabo them, their mobile ack battery mows you down. I didn't know that all german tanks were each issued 3 wirbel winds to protect them from fighters in WW2. I didn't know that many were produced.

We are in the middle of a comfortable boring steady state period of gamey counter point bliss. No one or group is doing anything outrageous or greify in a large scale ongoing manner to make us angry. Piss us off so we saddle up in righteous ire to go stomp them or inspire us to emulate their naughty success. Look how fast we righteously turned "NOE" and "hoard" into the worst evil since Barney's theme song and Anita Hill.

We have absolutely no definition for when it's a good acceptable action in this game to launch a hoard, fly it NOE to a target, and capture it. And look at how many less missions are run now opposed to 2002-2009 when NOE and hoards were S.O.P. if you wanted to get anything accomplished. FBDred on the knights has been reduced to begging while 02 to even 09 his missions were packed thrillers.

I hope Hitech throws a monkey wrench into this soon and shakes things up so we have something more to accomplish every night besides maintain our current game's status quo. Or the next irritating bunch of greifers begins assaulting our staid established boring state and kicks us in the collective rear. Gotta admit no matter how irritating the vTards were. At least they were little energizer bunnies about it and we responded to it with energy. We need our collective batteries charged or kicked.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 06:56:01 AM »
ok who mashed Bustr's twinkies?

take it easy Bustr, sounds like you have entered a phase of "complacent frustration". maybe it's time for you to step back a bit, go outside for some fresh air and find some different perspectives.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 07:01:18 AM »
What brand of weed were you smokin, Bustr? Sounds like it was some good chit.  :lol

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 07:31:48 AM »
What brand of weed were you smokin, Bustr? Sounds like it was some good chit.  :lol

Still it is incapable of getting him to spell horde correctly.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 09:03:38 AM »
What we have is people flying down the barrel of a tank gun that can only elevate 20 degrees or less.

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 01:16:46 PM »
I think what Bustr is saying is since 02 (when I started playing) the only thing that has changed is better terrain / graphics and more metal to maneuver in.  What has not changed is the game concept ( how old is it now).  My only wish is that some semblance of strategy be implemented into the game.  Other than Up, get Altitude fly to base and join horde or defend against horde.  If GVing then its a similar scenario; spawn get shot rinse and repeat.  I would like something else to shoot at besides someone at a spawn or someone low defending a base in the ack.  Like a strat that actually matters to the flow of travel in the game that is either capturable or destroyable or both.  Not just tossed in the back and only susceptible to bombers.  Make the ground worth fighting for.  Who really cares if a base is lost when you can just up from the next base and do it again. The same could be said for gv spawns.  

I think it would be cool if there was one very large city in the center of the map that had several capture points.  The object being that air ground would have to work together to capture the points in the city.  

Make the strats really count.  A country must destroy a percentage of the strats in order to win.  NOt just capture "X" amount of points on the map.

Once your country captured a percentage of the capture points and destroyed the strats you win the city and the battle.  

All countries would then move to the next battle ( maybe a historic battle) in the war and your country would need to win multiple battles to win the war.  Each win gives perks to those attending.  

I think it would be fast paced, really make all aspects of the game come together and make it a whole lot of fun.  Even if it was just tried in a separate arena.  

I enjoy all the improvements made to the vehicles and aircraft I just wish that the game play improved with them.  
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:19:16 PM by ToeTag »
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 02:42:59 PM »
1. - How many of you don't use the words NOE and hoard as synonyms for dirty words and descriptions of personal character defects in other players? Or have seen any large scale nightly vTard style NOE hoards lately?

2. - How many of you don't fly with groups picking on smaller numbers because it makes your next 15 minutes less stressful and fun?

3. - How many of you wish someone else would post a mega whopper incredible mission you can tag along and cherry pick your outcomes?

4. - How many of don't tag low hanging fighters with your tank's main gun now?

5. - How many of you wish some other group would show up with a new groove and slant on the game to give you something to focus your energies on to beat them? Them vTards for 2 years were not the best as individuals but they kept coming back at you in a hoard like undying energizer zombies.

The game is in the middle of another boring steady state period with everyone comfy in their tin cans hiding in the bushes playing push button war or hiding inside of groups of their countrymen waiting for others to bring the game to them. It needs a kick in the rear to uncomfy it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Grayclif

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 02:45:41 PM »
I stand with ToeTag. Realistic battle scenario should be a game changer! I wonder how long the game would be down while they tooled that one up?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 02:58:28 PM »
I think what Bustr is saying is since 02 (when I started playing) the only thing that has changed is better terrain / graphics and more metal to maneuver in.  What has not changed is the game concept ( how old is it now).  My only wish is that some semblance of strategy be implemented into the game.  Other than Up, get Altitude fly to base and join horde or defend against horde.  If GVing then its a similar scenario; spawn get shot rinse and repeat.  I would like something else to shoot at besides someone at a spawn or someone low defending a base in the ack.  Like a strat that actually matters to the flow of travel in the game that is either capturable or destroyable or both.  Not just tossed in the back and only susceptible to bombers.  Make the ground worth fighting for.  Who really cares if a base is lost when you can just up from the next base and do it again. The same could be said for gv spawns.  

I think it would be cool if there was one very large city in the center of the map that had several capture points.  The object being that air ground would have to work together to capture the points in the city.  

Make the strats really count.  A country must destroy a percentage of the strats in order to win.  NOt just capture "X" amount of points on the map.

Once your country captured a percentage of the capture points and destroyed the strats you win the city and the battle.  

All countries would then move to the next battle ( maybe a historic battle) in the war and your country would need to win multiple battles to win the war.  Each win gives perks to those attending.  

I think it would be fast paced, really make all aspects of the game come together and make it a whole lot of fun.  Even if it was just tried in a separate arena.  

I enjoy all the improvements made to the vehicles and aircraft I just wish that the game play improved with them.  

How does any of that impact the gameplay of 'Up, get Altitude fly to base and join horde or defend against horde.'?  It's still a ground target you drop bombs/fire tank cannons at and then if it's capturable, drop troops.

As to the scenario/battle stuff you're mentioning there, why do you want to be told what to do all the time?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 03:13:15 PM »
wiley,

I'm not suggesting a full re write of the game or what makes it popular.  I am suggesting a change of perspective on the game play.  Smaller scenarios linked to a bigger picture. The small scenarios are more focused for our ADD current play style. Not just up and then die die die.  For example the maps that have one raging spawn battle for gv's and once it's lost there goes the gv fun.  The map I propose would be an on going gv battle with out camping and add an air war over head.  Everyone working in unison to get the win.  Where as now nobody really cares if they loose the map..I don't.  Not to mention since the GV optics change battle scenarios are beyond capabilities of the EW MW tanks from the current spawns.

I wish Lusche had a Hot spot map showing my point.  Specific areas on a map where most of the action is.  Then design the new maps that I propose around what makes those areas hot.  You get condensed AH and massive fun.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:20:42 PM by ToeTag »
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 03:21:06 PM »
wiley,

I'm not suggesting a full re write of the game or what makes it popular.  I am suggesting a change of perspective on the game play.  Smaller scenarios linked to a bigger picture. The small scenarios are more focused for our ADD current play style. Not just up and then die die die.  For example the maps that have one raging spawn battle for gv's and once it's lost there goes the gv fun.  The map I propose would be an on going gv battle with out camping and add an air war over head.  Everyone working in unison to get the win.  Where as now nobody really cares if they loose the map..I don't.  Not to mention since the GV optics change battle scenarios are beyond capabilities of the EW MW tanks from the current spawns.

What about any of that makes you care if you win the map though?  It's still the same gameplay, dogfight, bomb, GV.

I can't speak to the GV stuff because frankly they detract from the game for me by taking people away from air combat.

The way I read it, it's pretty much a limited round-based type system you're proposing, almost like Counterstrike or WT.  I don't see it doing anything other than removing options for people and basically giving them a role they have to fill.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 03:23:11 PM »
ok so ToeTag wants "meaningful" wars with someone or something dictating the war, and increase the capacity of hordes winning the battles.

Bustr wants to give hordes reasons to run noe mishunz so that...what? he has someone to horde with? having trouble figuring out the line of thought.
jarhed  

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »
wiley,

I'm not suggesting a full re write of the game or what makes it popular.  I am suggesting a change of perspective on the game play.  Smaller scenarios linked to a bigger picture. The small scenarios are more focused for our ADD current play style. Not just up and then die die die.  For example the maps that have one raging spawn battle for gv's and once it's lost there goes the gv fun.  The map I propose would be an on going gv battle with out camping and add an air war over head.  Everyone working in unison to get the win.  Where as now nobody really cares if they loose the map..I don't.  Not to mention since the GV optics change battle scenarios are beyond capabilities of the EW MW tanks from the current spawns.

I wish Lusche had a Hot spot map showing my point.  Specific areas on a map where most of the action is.  Then design the new maps that I propose around what makes those areas hot.  You get condensed AH and massive fun.

What ... with a bigger map with players focusing on regional battles and being rewarded perks for each individual capture they participate in (traceable via kills on planes and vehicles upped from that field, damage done to that town/field and drunks dropped to capture that field)?

That's just madness, I tell ya! Madness!

:D

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2013, 03:31:38 PM »
What ... with a bigger map with players focusing on regional battles and being rewarded perks for each individual capture they participate in (traceable via kills on planes and vehicles upped from that filed, damage done to that town/field and drunks dropped to capture that field)?

That's just madness, I tell ya! Madness!

:D
ok so how would you get people to fight on a "bigger" map? lock them into small regions so they have no choice? there is enough whining going on now about maps being too big or too small, bases being too close together or too far apart...blah blah blah. for those who don't like hordes, it would force players to do nothing but horde in order to win the "battles", not to mention the armchair generals without a clue that would pop up.

for every person who plays there is a different perspective on how the game should be played for the most fun...for that person. the only suggestion that has been tossed on the table, that would really make any difference is the role the strats play in "winning de warz". right now they're mostly ignored, except for those few who enjoy an hour long flight to get some bomber points.
jarhed  

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 03:56:01 PM »
ok so how would you get people to fight on a "bigger" map? lock them into small regions so they have no choice? there is enough whining going on now about maps being too big or too small, bases being too close together or too far apart...blah blah blah. for those who don't like hordes, it would force players to do nothing but horde in order to win the "battles", not to mention the armchair generals without a clue that would pop up.

for every person who plays there is a different perspective on how the game should be played for the most fun...for that person. the only suggestion that has been tossed on the table, that would really make any difference is the role the strats play in "winning de warz". right now they're mostly ignored, except for those few who enjoy an hour long flight to get some bomber points.

Lock? It's just one big map. Capturepalooza. Hordes? Since 1997 I haven't seen a control variable designed that could dissuade such.