Author Topic: side-switching abuse  (Read 6822 times)

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
Re: side-switching abuse
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2013, 07:57:34 AM »
There's so much hatred for people who switch sides. I'm a side switcher because of 2 things.

1. There is no fight on the country I'm currently on, but there is a fight between the other two countries.
2. I have friends on the other countries that I love to fly with.

I'm one of the most unloyal players there is. When I switch sides I don't help the side I was just on, I go and kill them all. Most the time I was just busy killing most of my now green friends just a few minutes ago. The 12 hour rule is already annoying enough, I really don't want to see some of the idea flying around in this thread added to that.

If HTC added a penalty for strats retreating then people would fight more for zone bases instead of switching sides to force it to retreat.
i do the same thing
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2013, 08:28:53 AM »
Bah on 12 Hours, double BAH on anything longer.

I tend to switch sides to the lower numbered country, just to find better fights. I liked the one hour thing.

Fact is, spies are going to spy... just as in war.  There will be "dishonorable" acts... just as in war. There will be those that choose to do whatever they want, instead of contributing to the war... just as in war.

It took me years to get over the lameness of it all. Live by your own set of "ethics" and stay true to them. Ignore the silliness of those, HO merger, win at all costs x-boxers, find some good squaddies, enjoy the combat.

:salute
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2013, 08:43:09 AM »
Well this Knit, albeit a bit unaware, was trying to save that base. I ran like 10 loads of supplies to that base. Uhg! Then when it was captured and the strats moved to the rear I was laughing. All those GVs left high and dry where the strats use to be.

I can tell you this, I saw one of our bases flashing on the old Trinity map. I also see one of our friendlies going to the town and then returning to the base. When I get there I recognize the friendly has being either Bish or Rooks the day before. He's flying over town and just staying up and not diving. I assume nothing is in town for a moment. then I see a flash. There's a tank in town. When I return he suddenly dives on the gv. I have eggs and kill the gv. Then I see vehicle supplies in town. The friendly had taken him vehicle supplies. That was why he went to town and then came back.

A couple of days ago I see a con heading to the port. In the area were two friendlies, one was a 2 weeker. The con then turns and heads straight for our cv which was in the middle of nowhere. I strongly suspect the 2 weeker told them exactly where it was.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2013, 09:36:31 AM »
Making you wait 12 hours is 11 hours of abuse.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2013, 10:16:04 AM »
One of the reasons I only fly Special Events is the 12 hour rule...stabbed game play in the back.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 10:17:51 AM »
One of the reasons I only fly Special Events is the 12 hour rule...stabbed game play in the back.

It certainly hasn't helped create combat.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2013, 10:32:23 AM »
I'm not convinced that the 12 hour side switch limit has much to do with preventing spying, I think the idea is more to prevent wild swings in numbers between the 3 sides.  As it is now you see one side being outnumbered by the other two but also those numbers changing over the course of the day, the key I believe is that those changes aren't radical and sudden.

When we had the 1 hour rule I got a taste of side switching freedom and I liked it.  Now that we're back to the 12 hour rule under the single arena it's really cramping my style of being able to bounce around and find the biggest and most fun fights of the night as well as fly with some friends that I've made on the two other countries.  I just have to accept that what I like to do may not be in the best interest of the community or game as a whole.

I proposed what I thought was a perfectly reasonable solution to the problem a while back, I never heard anything from HTC on it so I'm just assuming that it's on the "to-do" list and they will get to it eventually. 

My brilliant idea was just to allow ME to switch whenever I want because I know I won't upset the balance or do any spy related shenanigans, see EVERYONE wins with this plan.  Am I genius or what?

:)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2013, 10:34:19 AM »
My brilliant idea was just to allow ME to switch whenever I want because I know I won't upset the balance or do any spy related shenanigans, see EVERYONE wins with this plan.  Am I genius or what?

:)

:lol

Or what..  ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2013, 01:04:28 PM »
I was on at the time as described above and was one that was sending messages to the low life. Amazingly he has a ranking right at the top. If he so blatantly “gamed the system” in this fashion, makes one wonder about his ranking, hmmm.

Lusche is right about the strat retreat concept, but that is not the only problem here. How about those that jump just to spy and create havoc, dropping smoke on friendlies, or locate CV task groups, etc.

So from my $15 perspective, here are some recommendations for HTC to help alleviate this blatant “gaming of the system” problem:
1.   Can only change countries once per week.
2.   Loses 50% of all existing perk points. Regained 100% if stays a month.
3.   Earns only 50% value in perk points during week, Gains 100% if stays a month.
4.   The individual is subject to fragging for first 48 hours.
5.   The individuals vehicle and plane skins adorned in bright pink, with clown face. Icon in bright pink. (Applies to first week).
6.   Once each hour, in color specific text, announcement of all individuals who have jumped in the previous 24 hours.
7.   Possible test option to try, choice of changing for a month at jump time, none of the above apply.
8.   Also, kiddies on the “2 week free play” should be subject to fragging.

Option 4 above would be a quick and simple defensive tool. And how could anyone that plays the game straight up, not want loop holes closed? For those that want to “game the system”, who really cares what they think.

Ok, camp fire is lit, lawn chairs out, and weenies over the fire, beer in the cooler.

They pay the same $15 that you do...is their money not good enough to warrant an opinion?

And as far as "fragging" (your use of that term gives great insight into your post) may seem like a good idea until some bellybutton decides to follow someone around shooting them down relentlessly without worry of being shot down in return.
Member DFC
Quote from: Skuzzy
No cookie for you.
Quote from: Wiley
If they want to run to their ack or friendlies that's fine.  It's up to me to catch them and not get killed in the process if I can.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2013, 01:08:31 PM »
I was on at the time as described above and was one that was sending messages to the low life. Amazingly he has a ranking right at the top. If he so blatantly “gamed the system” in this fashion, makes one wonder about his ranking, hmmm.

Lusche is right about the strat retreat concept, but that is not the only problem here. How about those that jump just to spy and create havoc, dropping smoke on friendlies, or locate CV task groups, etc.

So from my $15 perspective, here are some recommendations for HTC to help alleviate this blatant “gaming of the system” problem:
1.   Can only change countries once per week.
2.   Loses 50% of all existing perk points. Regained 100% if stays a month.
3.   Earns only 50% value in perk points during week, Gains 100% if stays a month.
4.   The individual is subject to fragging for first 48 hours.
5.   The individuals vehicle and plane skins adorned in bright pink, with clown face. Icon in bright pink. (Applies to first week).
6.   Once each hour, in color specific text, announcement of all individuals who have jumped in the previous 24 hours.
7.   Possible test option to try, choice of changing for a month at jump time, none of the above apply.
8.   Also, kiddies on the “2 week free play” should be subject to fragging.

Option 4 above would be a quick and simple defensive tool. And how could anyone that plays the game straight up, not want loop holes closed? For those that want to “game the system”, who really cares what they think.

Ok, camp fire is lit, lawn chairs out, and weenies over the fire, beer in the cooler.

Ranks up there as one of the all time dumbest things I've ever seen on this board... :aok
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »
1 nit outsmarted all us bish!!!!

WAHHHH

I pay 15, change the rules again so we don't get outplayed!!!! ever!!!! NOW!!!!!

WAHHHH

My baseball team got a trophy, so that means I am GREAT!!!!

WAHHHH

MOMMY!!!!
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 01:23:53 PM »
Ranks up there as one of the all time dumbest things I've ever seen on this board... :aok

+1  :huh

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2013, 03:28:26 PM »
I would like for everybody on here to send me a pack of beer, Cuz if everybody sends me beer, then i will have alot! show me some love  :rofl :rofl

If that's you in your avatar better stick with Kool-Aid. :devil

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2013, 04:06:25 PM »
If that's you in your avatar better stick with Kool-Aid. :devil
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

take away 12 hour rule please. I change sides to sustain my BnZ asre monkey tactics.

Btw bish, stop hordeing every base with a good fight :neener:
I want all the kills for myself :t
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:08:59 PM by Zacherof »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2013, 05:26:12 PM »
aye