Author Topic: Allegations  (Read 4960 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Allegations
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2013, 11:05:19 PM »
Strange things going on of late.

Like this.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,350776.0.html

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2013, 11:05:30 PM »
You can't shoot a friendly down in the training arena so no kills would show up at all.

From looking at your screen shots it does look like kill shooter. As Skuzzy states:
And the Brew took the fire from you. You took the damage.

That's exaacty what happened and the tracers coming from behind him are his own smoke and ejected shells he's already flown past.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2013, 11:12:58 PM »
  The other good part about the film viewer is that you can see who else was close, what speed, what alt, etc.... 

Take a look, and see if anyone else was close enough to shoot at you, or if it was just you three.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2013, 11:42:16 PM »
He checked the logs  . . pfft. 

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2013, 11:50:38 PM »
Thank you for your conclusion.

However, the Brew took fire in both wings and body.  Brew did not lose a tail. 

It is possible I hit the Brew, but the angle of my fire says otherwise in the pics I posted.  Additionally, the angle of incoming fire from the unidentified, is different from my angle of fire.

Additionally, I was only hit in one wing with a single bullet (no damage) from the unidentified (conflicting with the burst the Brew got hit with).  And, as I pointed out, the unidentified fire was coming before the Brew was even in front of me.

Just trying to answer : WTF?

If I shot myself down, does the system tell me that?  Because it didn't.  I'm not a good shot, but if you're telling me I hit things where I'm not shooting, or where my bullet trails aren't, then I need to know how to make adjustments for that. 

Was there was a plane (or planes) beyond visible range (whatever that is in the arena), not in the film, and that accurate?  Are you kidding me?  Then why didn't they get credit for the kill?
There is no friendly fire in Aces High. If you hit a friendly aircraft, like you hit the Brewster, that plane takes no damage. Your plane takes the damage the friendly plane should've taken.
I don't see the phantom shots you''re talking about. Keep in mind that tracer trails are static and that the gun is moving at 250 mph or whatever, so immediately after you take the shot it appears to be behind you. Maybe there is something that we can't see in the low resolution JPGs you posted though.
There is no special message for when you killshoot yourself. The game just says you crashed.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:53:40 PM by Motherland »

Offline BadAngel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2013, 12:55:08 AM »
Take a look, and see if anyone else was close enough to shoot at you, or if it was just you three.
Not that it matters, but there were four planes.  When this first started, LA friendly was pointed up at the sky in a loop, so I didn't mention him, and I don't think he ever fired.  At the end, he was still trying to get into position, and that's not where the fire was coming from.

I tried figure it out, re-looked it after killshot was brought up, sat in everybody's cockpit, watched fire at slow speed . . doesn't explain it.  

Maybe there is something that we can't see in the low resolution JPGs you posted though.ed.
Trails are coming from the same distant place, and visible (to me) in the pics I posted, but I don't know what it looks like on somebody else's computer.  

- - - -

As to other comments, I don't know why sometimes friendlies I'm playing with in the training room show up as recent kills, and they can refute it all day long, but it doesn't change it.  They do.  You can force a friendly to crash by shooting them in the training room (under certain circumstances), because it can move them, either to dip their wing into the ground, or into a stall at top of a loop, etc., and maybe things like that are "logged" as a kill when they crash.  I don't know.  I only know this because I'll go into another arena and there's some Joe Bob from the training room in my recent kill list.  So then . . are they in "the logs" as friendly fire?  I'll bet I have a lot of friendly fire in "the logs".  Therefore, somebody looking in "the logs", seeing I had friendly fire, is meaningless.  There's no standard to apply that to.  For them, maybe, because they don't go in the training room, or experience this (or don't know how to kill friendlies there).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 12:58:25 AM by BadAngel »

Offline BadAngel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2013, 01:14:16 AM »
If you want it figured out post the film otherwise we can assume you're entire post is meant as nothing more than a slam against the game and not an honest question about what happened.
The Princess in her tower lifted her hand to her forehead and exclaimed, "Oh no, please, don't slam the game."

I don't have a server to upload it to, or would've the first time someone asked for it.  If there's a free one out there, somebody point the direction, and I'll post a link to it.  If I can attach it here, somebody tell me how to.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2013, 01:15:58 AM »
 If there's a free one out there, somebody point the direction, and I'll post a link to it.  If I can attach it here, somebody tell me how to.

https://hotfile.com/
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 01:17:31 AM by lyric1 »

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2013, 01:16:33 AM »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2013, 01:17:11 AM »
The Princess in her tower lifted her hand to her forehead and exclaimed, "Oh no, please, don't slam the game."

I don't have a server to upload it to, or would've the first time someone asked for it.  If there's a free one out there, somebody point the direction, and I'll post a link to it.  If I can attach it here, somebody tell me how to.

open an account with "mediafire"....it is free...upload the film from the HTC "Films" folder....after the upload is done it will give you a URL...... copy and paste that into your message.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2013, 01:36:34 AM »
First off there are no logs of the TA available to the players of AH. So I'm not sure how you can say that kills of friendlies show up as recent kills by you. I have seen on one rare occasion where you would get the kill message, but that was an improper arena setting that was quickly remedied. I'm sure that it is possible that it has happened again, but as soon as it was noticed by a trainer I'm sure it would be fixed in a timely manner.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2013, 03:27:58 AM »
The guys new why insult him? Does it make you feel better.
The chap has been told about killshooter and after explanation, reviewing the film to make more screenshots and post more about a "UFO".

I'm sorry that you're insulted by my put down for blatant silliness.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2013, 03:31:41 AM »
It's Dolby's Gestapo side ;)

The Dolbstapo imprison the feeble minded.  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2013, 06:11:32 AM »
I wish I still had the films from when I first started AH a few months back from an exact same friendly fire incident as you had.  My film showed exactly what you saw with the same mystery tracers and then I was towered.  I thought it strange as you thought in your situation,  It was a squad member that I hit and he sent me his film.  From his film, in slow motion, it was clear, I was hitting my squad mate and got towered for it.  The mystery tracers were gone.