Author Topic: Perk farmers  (Read 3623 times)

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
Re: Perk farmers
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 10:29:14 AM »
P39 and 38G
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 06:40:38 PM »
No one mentioned the Yak-7B.

I know, it's new....
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2013, 10:51:03 PM »
Bf 109E, F, G-2, G-6.

P-40 E,F,N

Yak-9M (Yak-9T w/ 20mm)

La-5FN

Ki-61 is also a very decent fighter, just a bit lacking in top-end speed.

For bombers
He-111 (when used smartly)
Boston III
Ju-88
G4M

You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2013, 02:13:45 AM »
47D-11

Decent climb and cruise. Great diver/turner/stall fighter

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 10:31:31 AM »
Bf 109E, F, G-2, G-6.
E-4, no.  F-4, G-2, G-6 yes.  E-4 is too slow and too hard to be successful in.  The other three are all top dogs for perk farming.

P-40 E,F,N
No, P-40s are all too hard to be successful in to keep up the K/T.  A6M2 and A6M3 would be better, but they are also too slow.

Yak-9M (Yak-9T w/ 20mm)
Not too bad, but it is slower than you really want in a perk farmer.

La-5FN
Another top dog for perk farming.

Ki-61 is also a very decent fighter, just a bit lacking in top-end speed.
Yup, pretty much the same place as the Yak-9M/T.

For bombers
He-111 (when used smartly)
No, OBJ is too high, it is too slow in climb and speed and it is too vulnerable.
Boston III
It is ok, but the range is too short to really be great and it is excessively vulnerable.
Ju-88
No, OBJ is too high and it is too vulnerable.
G4M
About the same as the Boston, trading the range weakness with being slow.

For bombers the Ki-67 stands head and shoulders above any other for perk farming due to its combination of speed, range, decent guns and high OBJ.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 11:04:10 AM »
If we are speaking bombers now, the Boston, Ki-67 and especially the G4M stand out as perk farmers.

The G4M and Boston may have a relatively low ord capacity, but it's very much compensated by the high OBJ. The short range on the Boston does not matter in the pure perk farming role, a short town dash and then race back to base. Even if you are shot down after the drop, you wont 'lose' much perks. The G4m can make similar dashes, because while the top speed ain't impressive in any way, it climbs extremely fast to altitude which makes survival in frontline attack much higher than expected.
Both planes can attain very high perks/hour that way, even for the average player, which is all what a perk farmers efficiency is about.

I'm using the G4M a lot recently, not only in pure "perk farming" (i.e. pure town dropping) but actually mostly for tactical attacks (porking bases, with only one bomb of for going for the town at most), and still attain average perks/h rates of more than 25.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 07:24:13 PM »
Addendum on perk gain in bombers

The following is to be taken as 'anecdotal', as it's only the results of the bombers missions of a single player. Other players will have different results depending on their mission profiles and individual success.

That being said... Therese are all bombers I have at least 10 missions in since 09/01/12. It shows # of missions (all but 2-3 Mossie runs in formation), distribution of mission type and the perk gain per hour flight time

Mission type clarification:
"Tactical" are mostly porking runs (ords, dar, vh's ect), mixed with some attacks on town in support of captures
"Milking" are the notorious town-center smashing runs for perks and/or score

Since the Mossie OBJ rating was increased recently, I'm actually getting positive perks/h in it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:37:54 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2013, 09:35:24 PM »
Last time I sunk a CV with a 111, I got 16 perks for it.  I don't remember the bonus though.  If I really want to farm perks though, I'll use the Ki-67.  It has solid range with excellent speed and decent defenses if I'm intercepted. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2013, 09:47:40 PM »
Spitfire V's ENY is 35 now.  That might put it as a semi-decent perk farmer.  A bit slow and small clip though.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2013, 10:46:45 PM »
I like killing boats with the SBD. That 1600lb AP bomb can sink a cruiser or destroyer in 1 drop. Think I got 20+ perks for sinking a full health cruiser once.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2013, 10:50:46 PM »
Spit5, Mossie, P38G, 109E-G14, 190A5/8, Ki61, A6M3/5b, La5, Yaks, F4U-1, and P47D25.

Use all of those when I want to perk farm with great success, all fantastic airplanes with fantastic ENY's IMO.
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2013, 02:38:18 AM »
Spitfire V's ENY is 35 now.  That might put it as a semi-decent perk farmer.  A bit slow and small clip though.

I'd rank the P-40 F and N above the Spit V. And the 109E isn't far behind it. Why are those dismissed almost offhand by you, but the spit V is "semi-decent"?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:12:35 AM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2013, 02:47:17 AM »
I like killing boats with the SBD. That 1600lb AP bomb can sink a cruiser or destroyer in 1 drop. Think I got 20+ perks for sinking a full health cruiser once.
SBDs are awesome. After you drop that big egg, instead of crawling home like a normal bomber you can pull out the two forward 0.5 guns and go fighter mode.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2013, 03:20:41 AM »
La5FN & Boston............

and they are both fun birds
Ludere Vincere

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2013, 05:45:24 AM »
I swear SBDs soak up more damage then anything with one engine in the game. Wildcats as well, but SBDs most of all. Most of all with a skilled driver wiggling around in one making it hard to get a good spray on.

I'll add Brewsters to the list, or agree if they are already on. With 4 0.50s converging at 250 or 300 you dont want to get in the gun sights of one and its a wonderfully handling air craft. I dont know what their current eny is however. They are best defending from CV groups with 4,000' of air under you. Yak-9Ts are also very good in this role. That big cannon makes short work against PTs, LVTs, and any fighter dumb enough to get in front of the sights.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"