Author Topic: Perk farmers  (Read 3621 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Perk farmers
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2013, 06:48:40 AM »
I'd rank the P-40 F and N above the Spit V. And the 109E isn't far behind it. Why are those dismissed almost offhand by you, but the spit V is "semi-decent"?
The P-40s are too hard to be successful in, all of them.  Both the Spit V and Bf109E handily out perform them.  The Bf109E is slower than the V and has inferior guns and has worse handling than the F.  The V and F are much improved over the I and E.  In this case I'd say the difference comes down to Hispanos.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2013, 10:05:52 AM »
I'd rank the P-40 F and N above the Spit V. And the 109E isn't far behind it. Why are those dismissed almost offhand by you, but the spit V is "semi-decent"?

I wish I was flying the P40s other people seem to be flying.  They're one of my worst planes.  I think it's mostly the lack of climb rate/acceleration.  I agree with Karnak.  The Spit 5 has a short clip and is slow, not that great a climb rate, but it still handles like a Spit.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline LancerVT

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2013, 10:39:30 AM »
Having spent most of my time this tour in the P-40E/F before the YAK update, you certainly will get mega perks IF you land kills. But the problem is you have to change your entire mindset flying a P-40 against late war uber rides. Can it be fun to kill P-51s, 109s? Yes. Challenging? Certainly. But because from the time you spawn on the runway till you land, you have to be 100% in a defensive mindset. You have to always be checking for a threat or some clown blowing a 10K FT advantage for an "easy" P-40 kill, because once they get saddled up and you have blown you're E, you're done. Always being on the defensive and having to take opportunities when they present themselves is time consuming and can get very boring. Any P-40 is NOT a good perk farmer for those reasons.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:41:26 AM by LancerVT »
SAPP

JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2013, 03:03:15 PM »
The best perk farmer for tanks has to go to the Hetzer.  It is ludicrously powerful for its 35 eny.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2013, 03:05:55 PM »
The best perk farmer for tanks has to go to the Hetzer.  It is ludicrously powerful for its 35 eny.

Yes, it will absolutely take over this role from the IVF. Especially now with the 5x gunsight, which alone should result in a severe reduction of it's eny.   :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2013, 03:28:21 PM »
Yes, it will absolutely take over this role from the IVF. Especially now with the 5x gunsight, which alone should result in a severe reduction of it's eny.   :old:

You mean to ENY 30?

Its still firing the same shell, you can just aim maybe a bit further out now, and have an easier time doing it.

What I question is why HTC thinks the Jagdpanzer IV is equal to the Firefly, if perk price is anything to go by.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2013, 11:32:55 PM »
You mean to ENY 30?

Its still firing the same shell, you can just aim maybe a bit further out now, and have an easier time doing it.

What I question is why HTC thinks the Jagdpanzer IV is equal to the Firefly, if perk price is anything to go by.
the gun on the firefly is superior to the 75mm L70 that is on the JagdPanzer4 but the JagdPanzer4 has a better chance of ricochet because it has 80mms of armor sloped at the front
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2013, 11:45:47 PM »
Easiest perk farmers? Mossie, 38J, Ki-84, 109G2/G6/G14/F4, Spit9, Yak9s.

All those planes can land kills with relative ease in the MA environment with decently high ENY. The early war planes might be fun, but against even a mediocre pilot you're dead unless you have plenty of alt. these planes still offer a fighting chance against almost all planes.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2013, 02:19:39 AM »
I'd add more about bombers.

My favorite bomber to get perks is Ki-67 and Boston.

Boston climbs better but virtually defenseless - it allows you to get faster to safe altitude, get fast to target and escape. But if someone actually would intercept you (which is not easy task if you get to 18-20k) you are dead but in generally after you did your damage.

Ki-67 has lower climb rate but still decent (in comparison to B-17/B-24/B-29/Lanc/B-25/B-26) so you get to safe altitude quite fast. Has great top speed at 20k making it easy to escape, and even if it is intersected has great defense. Also its quite good for taking out towns as it has small bombs as well.

My favorite bomber to invest perks on is Ar234.  :x :x :x

Go to enemy territory blow up 3 radars and come home - also it is quite easy to fly.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2013, 03:20:01 AM »
The Boston is defenseless only in a formation. Once free from your drones it can frustrate many fighters and is quite fast. I used Bostons to get the required perks to fly the MossXVI. The turret is indeed worthless, but after my drones were killed I evaded a 262, made a few slow red to give up the chase and shot down the K4 that followed me with 1000 hits from the forward fixed pea shooters.

Which begs the question: to get the 1.25 perk bonus, do I need to land just one bomber out of the 3?
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2013, 04:56:48 AM »
Which begs the question: to get the 1.25 perk bonus, do I need to land just one bomber out of the 3?

Yes.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2013, 05:05:37 AM »
Yes.

Thanks.
I now know what my MO will be if I need to harvest perks again for a MOSSXVI...
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2013, 05:09:29 AM »
Just a note... since the Mossie OBJ was raised, it's the only perk ride that (for me) earns so much perks as to fully sustain it's usage on it's own.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2013, 03:46:09 PM »
Favorite perk bomber is Boston     Fast and decent bomb load
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2013, 07:53:41 PM »
I would love to fly the P-38G, but I can't see well out of its darkened gun sight.  I wish that HTC would fix that.