Author Topic: Its getting lonely in here! Aussie time is dead in MA.  (Read 5244 times)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Its getting lonely in here! Aussie time is dead in MA.
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 05:01:25 PM »
Last time I saw you on there were like 300 peeps on :old:

Yeah, that was awesome...if only I had the day off work because of earthquakes more often... :(
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 05:09:25 PM »
Instead of huge clusterf**** maps. And instead of the new rendition of pangea.

How about some medium sized well varied maps. Big enough for the midday rush but small enough to provoke fights.

I think map displacement is the issue. But more players would help. My lemming count is running dry.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 05:12:16 PM »
Instead of huge clusterf**** maps. And instead of the new rendition of pangea.

How about some medium sized well varied maps. Big enough for the midday rush but small enough to provoke fights

I like that idea

Offline Frod

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 06:24:42 PM »
+1    :aok

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 07:15:24 PM »
     So we need to spend more money to get non-tool Kiwi and Aussie players in?  Living in tool-land,
I have no idea what television or print materials you have over there.  Maybe you could suggest a local
avenue.  I have to admit I find little interest in helping out a newcomer with your attitude.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 07:39:04 PM »
To be completely honest, I have found the tool to non-tool ratio swinging in the negative direction for some time. I canned my account a couple of months ago after having an almost continuous run from 2001 to 2013 and 5 years of AW before that, because of the negativity and smack talk that went beyond banter and into the personal and the inability of the player base to treat n00bs well. Then one of my squad mates had a brain fart and I just lost all desire to try and eke a fight or two out of three hours of watching a map of an evening.

The numbers aren't that great during the weekend any more either. Dunno what to do. Can't convince any mates to have a look, because most of them have given up on PC gaming and the initial hook for any game these days is graphics quality. I'm pretty sure that there isn't any space in the NZ and Aus market in which to advertise that would have the desired effect, simply because PC gaming is seen as archaic by anyone under 30 and a large proportion of people over 30 just aren't tech-literate enough to see any value in "bloody stupid kid's" games.
Retired

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 09:01:22 PM »
Not sure if the History Channel has become to big for its' own britches, i.e. cost to advertise there too high???

But, the Military Channel, I would take a leap of faith and say probably isn't as expensive and it probably gears toward ppl who will stick around longer than a few months. Also, the Pentagon Channel might be a good one to explore for HT, assuming he hasn't already done so...

Military Channel ad costs about $600-$900 per airing, educated guess. So say like AH ran 300 TV ads in 2012, so figure $25K for cable TV advertising alone.

At couple three-thousand subs at $15 that sounds about right.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Perrine

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 10:48:03 PM »
We need to accommodate more non-Anglo speaking international players.

Multiple language GUI perhaps?

espanol
russkii
putonghua
nihongo

These languages gets you near to ~2 billion potential customers.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 11:59:21 PM »
We need to accommodate more non-Anglo speaking international players.

Multiple language GUI perhaps?

espanol
russkii
putonghua
nihongo

These languages gets you near to ~2 billion potential customers.

yeah that'll go down really well with the typical xenophobic, flag waving, two brain cells to rub together AH player
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Nashorn

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2013, 12:03:26 AM »
yeah that'll go down really well with the typical xenophobic, flag waving, two brain cells to rub together AH player
:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2013, 12:26:34 AM »
self publishing on xbox one and ps4 would really help this game.

now easier to port to upcoming consoles (amd64). not the previous cell and powerpc's of ps3 and xbox360.
tools are available for free too.

Online 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2013, 12:38:47 AM »
I think this game is too difficult as a n00blet for 2 weeks trial, I know I was on off in H2H for quite some time before committing to the game? But then again maybe I would still be in H2H if it hadn't closed?  :lol

Wouldn't hurt to have H2H back again though.

I agree.  I'd be nice if the TA would remain free always...   
Then pay to play.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline bigsky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2013, 01:10:35 AM »
how about free early war all the time?
"I am moist like bacon"

Offline beefie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2013, 01:13:01 AM »
The H2H free servers was my intro to ace highs about 12 years ago now and it was a great thing as i could learn the curve from helpful people back then like ARTLAWS,  after a few months i felt like i had a skill level where I could have fun with in the MA. The cost looking at all other options would have to make free H2H servers like aces used to have the best bang for the bucks as its all in-house and pretty much free for HT.

It would also have more players at 16 max than MA in Aussie time as that would be about the same numbers as we play on our time in AU NZ, also smaller maps, less world of tank type action in small arenas.

The big draw would be to get new blood into the game and also have a smaller map for player that also pay but cant find any action. The saving grace of HT has been things like FSO without that the numbers would be half again. i love FSO and its the only reason i still have an account even though i have to play with some TOOLS its OK as they cant banter on crap on open channel in FSO  :x

It could also make a lot of people that haven't played in years come back and play again then open a account up after the fun and upgrades or it could do the opposite and make paying players drop paid accounts in favor of free servers? but at the moment the life span of aces high is about 1 year before its near empty so it cant hurt to try something.

Or do a world of tanks thing that seems to work, make the game free and make people pay for upgrades, it seems to work for that game well and seeing some people on aces that will do just about anything and go to any length for a few stars next to their name i imagine some players would near fund 100 accounts for the need to kick everyones bellybutton with advatage. Also make it so everyone has to work up to better plans as this would also increase the skill and time people will spend on to get the next plane/tank etc.

Or like some suggested a referral program maybe as its cheap to setup and really doesn't cost anything to do once players use it and sign up, or make the loud mouth tools pay double and give us nice Aussies/ kiwi's a free game because we are nice and not toolie.  :lol

<S>

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2013, 01:15:44 AM »
how about free early war all the time?

I like that, you'd'get the full gameplay, get used to slower and maneuvrable planes, and still have incentive to pay for the big planes :aok And in the lwma we'd'be pretty safe from them noobs :P and they'd'be safe from us.