Author Topic: P-63 KingCobra......again  (Read 33581 times)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: P-63 KingCobra......again
« Reply #330 on: August 29, 2013, 07:02:14 PM »
You got your backside pummeled quite a lot in that thread. No wonder this is a sensitive subject. Have a doughnut.

I didnt get anything pummeled I did do some pummeling though  " There is no 51A" was 1 of the better moments
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #331 on: August 29, 2013, 07:12:51 PM »
Megalodon, you know you could just create a custom arena and ground everything that isn't American and flew after 1942.

It would be essentially what you want, even if you don't know it.

But either way, just leave your bias at home, and stop the "Murica!!!!  :rock" attitude.

Go USA, would like to add a plane to the vote?

How bout a couple bombs for the F that were never used in combat and only hung on the plane for a photo shot at a testing facility?

:rock
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #332 on: August 29, 2013, 07:49:13 PM »
I didnt get anything pummeled I did do some pummeling though  " There is no 51A" was 1 of the better moments

MMmmmmmok. Whatever you have to tell yourself.

It's all ok, dude.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2013, 08:02:39 PM »

MMmmmmmok. Whatever you have to tell yourself.

It's all ok, dude.

:rofl   dbl pawnt

just like you Ar you continued to get pummeled you just cant figure it out...

How bout those Jeeps?  :lol

Thought U wanted to talk today   you havent answered the ? about the Japanese planes in the August Storm?  No?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:20:40 PM by Megalodon »

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #334 on: August 29, 2013, 08:12:08 PM »
It would be essentially what you want, even if you don't know it.
But either way, just leave your bias at home, and stop the "Murica!!!!  :rock" attitude.

You only vote on German stuff, isn't that contradicting at its highest caliber? To you its luftwobble (wehrmacht) or nothing! lol

Hell Karnak used to be the same, but he's slackin off that british stuff, maybe he stopped drinking Gray Earl tea  :bolt:
JG 52

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #335 on: August 29, 2013, 08:24:30 PM »
Go USA, would like to add a plane to the vote?

How bout a couple bombs for the F that were never used in combat and only hung on the plane for a photo shot at a testing facility?

:rock

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,347976.0.html

Here's the thread you are talking about.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:26:33 PM by Butcher »
JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #336 on: August 29, 2013, 08:32:46 PM »
Hell Karnak used to be the same, but he's slackin off that british stuff, maybe he stopped drinking Gray Earl tea  :bolt:
Hmmm.  Don't think I was ever exclusively pro-Brit. Certainly that is the direction my bias goes, and I do try to fight it, but I've always advocated for non-Brit stuff as well.  For example, I pushed hard for the Ki-84 for a long time prior to it being added.  The thing of it is that the American stuff, as our unit list can attest to, really doesn't need any additional advocation and the German stuff has always had fans who are very much more dedicated to it than I am to RAF stuff.  The Finns, Italians, Japanese and Russians all are out in the cold compared to the Americans, British and Germans.  The French are practically forgotten.

As to the tea, I actually only started drinking Earl Grey tea within the last six months.  :p
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #337 on: August 29, 2013, 08:33:52 PM »

Here's the thread you are talking about.
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,347976.0.html

Nope it was this 1 <G> http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,339910.0.html

I Posted the picture's he is callin you you on.... their toast... unless he was smart enough to capture them ... I doubt it  :aok
In any event... the captions will clear it up  if it ever becomes an issue <G>

:cheers: Jager,
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:37:59 PM by Megalodon »

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #338 on: August 29, 2013, 08:42:42 PM »
Hmmm.  Don't think I was ever exclusively pro-Brit. Certainly that is the direction my bias goes, and I do try to fight it, but I've always advocated for non-Brit stuff as well.  For example, I pushed hard for the Ki-84 for a long time prior to it being added.  The thing of it is that the American stuff, as our unit list can attest to, really doesn't need any additional advocation and the German stuff has always had fans who are very much more dedicated to it than I am to RAF stuff.  The Finns, Italians, Japanese and Russians all are out in the cold compared to the Americans, British and Germans.  The French are practically forgotten.

As to the tea, I actually only started drinking Earl Grey tea within the last six months.  :p

There was once a time when you were Pro-Brit, but you really did even out through out the years. For some odd reason I cannot recall if I ever was a fanboi of any one nation mainly because I never really took one side. Ironically I have been in more luftwaffe squadrons (was CO of JG44 and JG7, member of JG54 and now 52) but I never advocated really anything on the Luftwaffe side. I did for the He-111 just for historical preferences. I guess if anything I advocate EW and MW rides over anything else, regardless of usage. Mainly because those planes bore the brunt of the war vs something like the P-63 that had only a few months of action.

Funny I actually started drinking Gray Earl as of lately, even though most brits will look down on me for shame for admitting that :D
JG 52

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #339 on: August 29, 2013, 08:43:38 PM »
:rofl   dbl pawnt

just like you Ar you continued to get pummeled you just cant figure it out...

How bout those Jeeps?  :lol

Thought U wanted to talk today   you havent answered the ? about the Japanese planes in the August Storm?  No?

What do you want to know about the Japanese planes?

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #340 on: August 29, 2013, 08:48:16 PM »
 The French are forgotten.

So lets include them and others.... this strictly .. we must have in this order crap is for the birds....

I thought Vinkman made a very good post in relation to the time in AH played.  I think you should consider that, as I have made the same argument with you and others before.

Even if he missed the scenario schedule a tad his 300% argument more than covers it.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:59:13 PM by Megalodon »

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #341 on: August 29, 2013, 08:50:34 PM »
What do you want to know about the Japanese planes?

You said the p-63's were plinking jeeps  in the August Storm  right? There were no planes to fight was your emphasis <shrug> prove it!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #342 on: August 29, 2013, 09:03:45 PM »
You said the p-63's were plinking jeeps  in the August Storm  right? There were no planes to fight was your emphasis <shrug> prove it!

Wow. Planes to fight and the fight having happened are two different things. This has been discussed in this thread already.

There's not much proving P-63s managed to fight anything that wasn't a GV or wearing boots.

I sympathize. Truly. All these threads you think you shine in.  :lol

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #343 on: August 29, 2013, 09:06:47 PM »
Even if he missed the scenario schedule a tad his 300% argument more than covers it.

Well, you're 300% impressed, at least.  :rofl

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #344 on: August 29, 2013, 09:10:00 PM »
There's not much proving P-63s managed to fight anything that wasn't a GV or wearing boots.

That doesn't make the plane less importance, fact is both the luftwaffe and Japanese were done with when it was introduced. What if a plane was introduced (P-80 just for an idea), flew combat missions but did not manage to get any kills in a month? does that mean it didn't serve in combat?
We can argue its importance in the war, but facts are the P-63 served in combat.
A soldier in 1945 had just as much of a chance to get killed than in july 1944, does that mean he did not serve combat either? Why not? he might not have gotten anything to shoot at, but maybe he picked up that german helmet and tripped a mine instead. Do we discount his war experience just because of it?

Just fuel for thoughts, the war isn't over until someone surrenders.
JG 52