Author Topic: GV's overload  (Read 6726 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: GV's overload
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2013, 04:45:25 PM »
do this do that...is it a game or work? Hunting gvs is not fun one bit, I still wish they never were included in the game and that we had a matchmaking ladder system to play aces HIGH

I think I'll cut my sub after BoB, htc milked my bank account long enough. The money I gave in support didn't materialize in anything improving air combat, just more hiding.

:cry :rock :cry :rock :frown:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2013, 05:24:00 PM »
great community also.

The typical response to "the game isn't the way I think it should be, I quit" threads.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2013, 05:53:44 PM »
The gv issue isn't getting worst as lusche has said. The problom is that there are less planes in the air and the gvs are a conveniant excuse. The numbers are dropping and the fights are drying up. More and more people look to avoid a fight so they can grab one more base for the win the wars.

Until there is a reason to defend most won't and so will avoid any foghting. The game USE to be about fighting, now not so much.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
do this do that...is it a game or work? Hunting gvs is not fun one bit, I still wish they never were included in the game and that we had a matchmaking ladder system to play aces HIGH

I think I'll cut my sub after BoB, htc milked my bank account long enough. The money I gave in support didn't materialize in anything improving air combat, just more hiding.

I don't agree with much of your POV on GVs, but I am sorry you are thinking of quitting (we need every player we can get).  Isn't there some other aspect of the game you could explore, at those times where it's hard to find a fight?  What times do you normally play?

MH

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2013, 06:59:04 PM »
The gv issue isn't getting worst as lusche has said. The problom is that there are less planes in the air and the gvs are a conveniant excuse. The numbers are dropping and the fights are drying up. More and more people look to avoid a fight so they can grab one more base for the win the wars.

Until there is a reason to defend most won't and so will avoid any foghting. The game USE to be about fighting, now not so much.

Agreed. Biggest issue is that everyone just jumps to the defense of the HOers, runners, and horders, drowning out any actual argument with fallacious drivel. And another argument I've run into is "the game is about having fun, and thats fun for them".
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2013, 07:07:23 PM »

I just posted an idea to encourage fighting outnumbered in the Wishlist forum.  Just off the top-of-the-head, and not carefully thought out.  Still, check it out, and suggest improvements. 

MH

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2013, 09:14:15 PM »
I can't believe that PILOTS people who fly above the ground combat,, care one bit about what happens on the ground!!!
Worst case scenario ,, you have to land at the next base over,,, how sad is it that some cry because they couldn't fly withing 1.5 k of the ground?
Go up,, kill other planes,,, leave the snakes and rodents alone,, they are beneath you,, they do not care about you,, unless you try to bomb them!!! :bhead
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2013, 09:38:37 PM »
I like all aspects of the game.  My favorite is flying fighters, but I also very much enjoy flying attack planes and bombers, driving GV's, manning ship guns.  I like dogfighting, but also intercepting bombers, level bombing, divebombing, attacking GV's, bombing and torpedoing ships, and ship-to-ship combat.  It's all good, but the easiest fight to find is always air-to-air combat, as that is the most-popular one, and one can always skip any type of combat that isn't desired (i.e., don't like GV's -- just avoid them; don't like flying bombers -- don't fly them; etc.).

The thing to wish for is you want more of one type of combat (such as air to air) is not that there is less of the other things but more of what you want -- wish for that directly.

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2013, 05:58:56 AM »

If what you say were true then you can escape from the gvs into another online flight sim, but you can`t escape from people. If someone truly wants to avoid combat for whatever reasons then that is possible in aircraft all the same. People "hiding" in gvs would be a good thing in that case because you would not have to be frustrated because of another bail, run, ho etc.

I like all aspects of the game myself too.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2013, 06:38:58 AM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline KG45

• Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2013, 02:12:56 PM »
I just can't devote the time and mental energy I used to to being useful as a fighter pilot. I still up a plane from time to time.  I like a getaway once or twice a week and GVing is less taxing on my feeble mind and fading reflexes. defending CVs, running troops, manning fixed guns, PT runs. sometime sitting in woods waiting to bushwack a tank.
all you fascists, you're bound to lose...

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2013, 02:25:10 PM »
I like all aspects of the game.  My favorite is flying fighters, but I also very much enjoy flying attack planes and bombers, driving GV's, manning ship guns.  I like dogfighting, but also intercepting bombers, level bombing, divebombing, attacking GV's, bombing and torpedoing ships, and ship-to-ship combat.  It's all good, but the easiest fight to find is always air-to-air combat, as that is the most-popular one, and one can always skip any type of combat that isn't desired (i.e., don't like GV's -- just avoid them; don't like flying bombers -- don't fly them; etc.).

The thing to wish for is you want more of one type of combat (such as air to air) is not that there is less of the other things but more of what you want -- wish for that directly.

:aok

I also enjoy all aspects of the game and will jump back and forth from air to ground. When dogfighting the energy you expend to twist and turn while trying to keep some SA can be exhausting. I rest awhile in a GV puttering around otherwise I would be logging anyway.  :cool:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.