Author Topic: GV's overload  (Read 6822 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: GV's overload
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2013, 10:44:42 AM »
I think the " field under attack" sound could be configured to be " enemy vehicles approaching" and only actuated when vehicles are flashing the base.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2013, 10:52:35 AM »
:headscratch:

The choice is to have the pilot release from F3 or F1 or F6 or all or some of those positions. IMO all pure bombers should be limited to F6 release under all conditions. Attack aircraft should be limited to F1 (No F3 and they do not have an F6). Where aircraft enjoy both classifications (e.g. Boston/Ju88) then when a player chooses attack formations are disabled and F1 permitted (with F6), when a player chooses Bomber then only F6 would be enabled but formations permitted.

Thus forcing eg lancstukas to F6 release, enabling Ju88s to be used as the attack aircraft they were used as but not in formations and disabling  bomb release in F3 totally.

I get your point, but until the "maker" decides that's a feature he wants in the game, taking out ords limits the availability of bombs solving the problem that you are complaining about....  It's not rocket science really...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2013, 11:40:13 AM »
The situation for planes is analogous, as the plane could be NOE or outside the radar ring.  I doubt you want 100% information in a game like this.

MH

You know what, sounds to me that even before you take off you want to know exactly how many tanks , plans and so on you will be up against, that type of intel is gathered by everyone when they up, and put out the word , like A21 needs help , under light attack one GV there now, nme aircraft in radar.

or  alert A21, heavy attack, CV off shore and GV's in town. 

You only get that type of intel from a human, a guy that does bother to up and take a look, but it sounds to me that you are not that guy.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »
GVs are for the poor  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2013, 11:49:49 AM »
The situation for planes is analogous, as the plane could be NOE or outside the radar ring.  I doubt you want 100% information in a game like this.

MH
NOE is extremely difficult these days because the altitude required to keep under the bar dar is VERY low. True, GVs cannot fly any lower than they do already and hence there is no NOE equivalent. For this reason I proposed in previous discussions that there will be a delay between the spawn and the bar dar count - that is, a new GV that spawned is "under" the radar for X minutes, which gives a GV "NOE" mission time to advance away from the spawn and spread out before their presence in the sector is announced.

That's for survivability (and it's not enough).  If you try GVing, you will see that in AH with experienced players attack aircraft, left alone, kill the GV every time.  Kind of like if you (an adult) picked a fight with a 6-year-old.  Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but this *is* the rule.    
This situation is also analogous to what happens with planes. A single plane can also be easily overwhelmed by enemy fighters. A group of GVs with wirbles and perhaps even <gasp> fighter cover is not so vulnerable to attackers - quite the opposite, the Stukas, 410s, IL2s and A20s are vulnerable to fighters and wirbles. Not to mention the ease at which a single bomber can shut down the ords by precision bombing from 20k. In almost all cases when there is a massive GV attack, the ords are disabled on the base. Taking out GVs with cannons is a risky business. Unless HTC gives me the Mossie XVIII with the 57mm Mollins AP cannon. Then I will not care about ords.

What would happen in WWII if some enemy tank wandered on its own and spotted 2 km from a fighter-bombers base? I can tell you what happened in real life when a group of terrorist, due to a navigational error, landed from the sea 2 km near a base of attack helicopters. That is also analogous.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2013, 12:31:14 PM »
Last night a red GV was in each of our hangers shooting planes as they spawned in the hanger.  For the first time I have to agree with too many GVs.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2013, 12:34:31 PM »
o noez! a tank dared to be something else than just a bomb target  :noid

Seriously, I can't post as many facepalm pics as this thread is asking for...  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2013, 01:02:51 PM »
Last night a red GV was in each of our hangers shooting planes as they spawned in the hanger.  For the first time I have to agree with too many GVs.
Ya, that's easy kills...  All you have to do is kill ords, kill all auto ack, kill all manned ack, kill the 88's, kill the VH and the 17lb guns. 

I do it all the time... by myself...  with enough ammo to rack up 50 kills before some bomb tard kills me... :rock
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2013, 01:16:46 PM »
Last night a red GV was in each of our hangers shooting planes as they spawned in the hanger.  For the first time I have to agree with too many GVs.
If someone calls out that tanks are in hangers then you should not spawn planes there.

If ords are down you can up from another field with ords and after dropping them reload at the pads even if the bunkers are down. You can even select full ords load at the first airfield and drop some of it before takeoff to gain in speed and climb. When reloading at the second field you get instant full ords and you can again discard what you do not want early.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2013, 01:19:48 PM »
it's not the GV activity that is the problem it's just knowing the severity of a situation without wasting time in a storch to go and see for yourself.

The DT commands whilst helpful can pretty much gauge what is going on in terms of defence with a quick few key presses but it is being able to get in a position to stop the Horde monkeys before it is too late.  

The dar bar gives plenty of warning to at least get co-alt if noticed early enough.   A horde of GV's then no it does not.   Can I save a field if ammo and VH are porked and they have a mix of wirbs / tanks killing town, plus 1 or 2 enemy aircraft for cover then no not really, without a superhuman performance and a mass uppage of skilled players who know what they are doing.  

A simple counter would help balance these ninja base taking assassins!  
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2013, 01:43:52 PM »
You know what, sounds to me that even before you take off you want to know exactly how many tanks , plans and so on you will be up against, that type of intel is gathered by everyone when they up, and put out the word , like A21 needs help , under light attack one GV there now, nme aircraft in radar.

or  alert A21, heavy attack, CV off shore and GV's in town.  

You only get that type of intel from a human, a guy that does bother to up and take a look, but it sounds to me that you are not that guy.

Apparently you don't actually play the game or do so while high on drugs?  Communication between players in the MA is extremely imprecise / nonexistent, and nowhere near what you describe above.  

MH
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 01:47:27 PM by TDeacon »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2013, 01:46:01 PM »
A simple counter would help balance these ninja base taking assassins!  

That would assume there is something to balance, which ain't.
By reading this thread one could believe there are hordes of GV steamrolling bases with no means to stop them.

But that's not what is happening. Years ago, with squads like LTAR, small towns and only HurriD and Il-2 with 23mm gun when ords were down we had actually much, much more GV raids on airbases. They were much easier back then, and much more likely to succeed.
Since then, not only the overall number base captures has gone down considerably, but also the number of all-GV assaults in particular (including off-jours 1-2 player sneaks).

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2013, 03:51:08 PM »
do this do that...is it a game or work? Hunting gvs is not fun one bit, I still wish they never were included in the game and that we had a matchmaking ladder system to play aces HIGH

I think I'll cut my sub after BoB, htc milked my bank account long enough. The money I gave in support didn't materialize in anything improving air combat, just more hiding.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:01:52 PM by SirNuke »

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2013, 04:11:09 PM »
do this do that...is it a game or work? Hunting gvs is not fun one bit, I still wish they never were included in the game and that we had a matchmaking ladder system to play aces HIGH

I think I'll cut my sub after BoB, htc milked my bank account long enough. The money I gave in support didn't materialize in anything improving air combat, just more hiding.

Don't let the doorknob hit you  where the good lord split you !!
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2013, 04:19:05 PM »
Don't let the doorknob hit you  where the good lord split you !!

great community also.