Author Topic: GV's overload  (Read 6984 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: GV's overload
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2013, 01:35:28 PM »
Nah, AH is about climbing out for 10 minutes, running into a horde/furball and fighting until you die, rinse and repeat. It was fun the first couple of weeks, maybe even months, now it's just repetitive and boring. After playing for a few years, you see all there is to see and realize the only major change an update brings is new planes (some of which are utterly useless in the MA). The "game" kept me for a few months, the friends kept me for a few years, but now that most have quit or moved on,  :joystick:. Just hanging around hoping for a something to change the monotony.

Lucky us  :frown:

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2013, 01:52:08 PM »
I do not care for / against GV's, if they mobile aaa don't park just off the runway shooting you down, without you have a chance knowing they are there, until after you are killed by them.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2013, 02:27:50 PM »
I enjoy GVs.... and I also enjoy bombing hangars.... particularly Vehicle Hangars!!   :t
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2013, 02:40:29 PM »
I rarely GV but they were a big part of WWII. Really enjoy bomb****ing GV from the air though.

Wouldn't want to miss out on that fun eh?  :D
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2013, 07:26:08 PM »
  I think the GVS add alot of realism to the game, however the "spawn camping" is getting ridiculous ! It sucks to spawn an M3 into a base for a capture we worked so hard on, only to be constantly killed before you can even get the thing into gear and move.  Maybe HTC should consider making the spawn area much larger, or even better hide enemy spawns on the map, so you don't know where they will spawn in from ?

It's called denying you access to the base you want to take  :devil

I dont always spawn camp......but then I do I kill the M3's first  :bolt:

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2013, 10:13:14 PM »
I think it's just terrible that some people in AH play in a way other than how I think they should. It's so unfair! Why don't you all just be sensible and play the way I think you should play?  :cry

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2013, 11:55:16 PM »
It's called denying you access to the base you want to take  :devil

I dont always spawn camp......but then I do I kill the M3's first  :bolt:

:rofl

As if there were no spawn campers in WWII.

A.K.A. ambush...
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2013, 12:10:52 AM »

:rofl

As if there were no spawn campers in WWII.

A.K.A. ambush...
Since there were no GV spawns during the WW2 (as there was no stargate at that time), i would guess, there were no spawn campers then.
AoM
City of ice

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2013, 12:13:55 AM »
Since there were no GV spawns during the WW2 (as there was no stargate at that time), i would guess, there were no spawn campers then.

:lol

You know that I was stretching it a little, but the fact remains, ambushing incoming ground vehicles/forces was widely used, especially by the retreating Wehrmacht.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2013, 02:55:18 AM »
Usuallly games deal with spawn camping by giving a period of invulnerability to the spawner, or making the spawn zone unreachable for the camper.

Spawning gvs could be invicible for 2mins after spawn, unless a gun is fired

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2013, 08:27:18 PM »
There is too much GVing in the Main Arena's IMO, reducing the game to a spawn camp contest.

<snip>
Are you saying you want those people to drop their AH subscriptions because their existence upsets you?

actually, yes  :)

Aces high should be about air combat, not hiding in a 88mm puff ack

Usuallly games deal with spawn camping by giving a period of invulnerability to the spawner, or making the spawn zone unreachable for the camper.

Your perspective in this thread seems inconsistent…  If you are opposed to GVing in general, why do you care about spawn camping?  If spawn camping was made more difficult, it would greatly improve the GV game, and therefore presumably encourage more GVing...

MH
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:29:55 PM by TDeacon »

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2013, 10:23:18 PM »

2 minutes is a ludicrously long time. Imagine each tic being one second
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
I lost count...It is that long

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2013, 10:32:32 PM »
2 minutes is a ludicrously long time. Imagine each tic being one second
/
/
/
<snip>

We definately need to do something about camping, and his 2-minute-delay idea might work for most cases.  However, the huge exception is the base spawns.  Especially at VBases, there are a LOT of ridiculous things you could do during those 2 minutes...  Furthermore, camping a base spawn actually makes a certain amount of sense (i.e. a barracks garage or whatever).  Perhaps the 2-minute delay should only occur at the out-in-the-country spawns.  

MH
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 10:35:36 PM by TDeacon »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2013, 10:47:08 PM »
I wonder why everyone wants to stop spawn camps/spawn battles?  Evidently people like it or they wouldn't spawn there.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2013, 11:08:51 PM »
I wonder why everyone wants to stop spawn camps/spawn battles?  Evidently people like it or they wouldn't spawn there.

Probably because being placed randomly out in the open, disoriented, to be killed by unseen enemies, over and over, is no fun.  Remember that to get to most GV fights you have to spawn at these places.  It would seem to be an improvement to AH game play if the spawn could occur, but in a manner that gives the GV a chance to orient itself and move to tactical cover before engaging, as it would in a real approach march.  I am going to compose yet another Wishlist suggestion on how to do this, but am too tired at the moment.    

MH
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 11:11:28 PM by TDeacon »