Author Topic: Where PT Boats Dare Mission Report  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Where PT Boats Dare Mission Report
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 04:48:03 PM »
LOL sounded fun with those t-34

It was quite fun.  I want to say it was an ammo factory.  We were there long enough to destroy it completely.  Like icepac, a squaddie was kind enough to bring us supplies.  What was odd was nobody even bothered us.  We figured someone would come in and bomb us.  Throughout the years (when I played regularly and before all the strats were grouped together) I have made the long drive to a strat in a tank with friends.  It's really fun when there's very few people online and you can't find a fight anywhere.

#S#

Josh
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 04:53:20 PM »
Found a screenshot on my photobucket!  LOGAN (DMGOD), Luky13, and I when I started my first squad!

#S#

Josh
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 05:11:11 PM »
:rofl you incompetent boobs! In 2 hours of chitchat no one thought about the ack?!  :rolleyes:

Welcome back Croduh...glad you resubscribed. Now come to Rooks because those Nits are dumber then a bag of hammers.  :rofl

This.   :rofl  What a great mission.  Wish I was around to of participated or helped with the ack towers (they're pretty satisfying targets to me when slamming a 500lber directly into them).

And nice edit Uptown, but at least we've done something else in the last ten-years besides horde or come into furballs at 20k. :ahand
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:13:52 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 08:00:23 PM »
Nice AAR.     :aok

MH

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 08:42:43 PM »
This.   :rofl  What a great mission.  Wish I was around to of participated or helped with the ack towers (they're pretty satisfying targets to me when slamming a 500lber directly into them).

And nice edit Uptown, but at least we've done something else in the last ten-years besides horde or come into furballs at 20k. :ahand
:lol I'm not going to respond to that as I don't want to hijack the good mans PT fun thread. I'll catch ya another time  ;)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:49:01 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 08:56:53 PM »
To take a break from usual defending against rook/bishop hordes, brilliant knight masterminds (Rollo) came up with a foolproof plan!

We shall ride pt boats straight into rook strats! No one will see it coming!

The screenshots remind me of the patrol boats going up river in Apocolypse Now.  All you needed was some guy water skiing behind one.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 09:56:01 PM »
The screenshots remind me of the patrol boats going up river in Apocolypse Now.  All you needed was some guy water skiing behind one.

ack-ack
And a Huey patrolling the mangroves looking for a surfboard :aok
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 10:09:50 PM »
I've done excruciatingly long GV missions on several occasions.  I've gone to strats, to remote bases, etc.

Once back in AHI on the original Pizza map I finished a mission and just as I was getting back to base it was captured.  I continued on to the next base and the same thing happened.  And it happened two or three more times.   After four hours of driving our entire section of the Pizza was captured and I had to ditch.

Also, on the big map with all the islands I took off on a PT mission one day.  I covered at least half the map over about a six hour sortie, rocketing strats (when they were spread out) and getting 3-4 aircraft kills along the way before finally rendezvousing with a CV to land successfully.

I like those types of missions but I rarely have that much time available anymore.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 01:20:40 PM »
The screenshots remind me of the patrol boats going up river in Apocolypse Now.

we called it going fishing back in 69. if i could remember how to post a pic i would. its an eerie resemblance
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:24:41 PM by JTs »

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 03:18:39 PM »
I've done excruciatingly long GV missions on several occasions.  I've gone to strats, to remote bases, etc.

Once back in AHI on the original Pizza map I finished a mission and just as I was getting back to base it was captured.  I continued on to the next base and the same thing happened.  And it happened two or three more times.   After four hours of driving our entire section of the Pizza was captured and I had to ditch.

Also, on the big map with all the islands I took off on a PT mission one day.  I covered at least half the map over about a six hour sortie, rocketing strats (when they were spread out) and getting 3-4 aircraft kills along the way before finally rendezvousing with a CV to land successfully.

I like those types of missions but I rarely have that much time available anymore.
That is mission dedication.
Was that also when they had auto heading for Gv's?
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 07:37:03 PM »
That is mission dedication.
Was that also when they had auto heading for Gv's?

Actually it's still that way as long as you don't run into something that will stop you.  Just point and go.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 02:00:58 AM »
Great Idea, a PT boat raid. I was just thinking someone should make a map with rivers and PT boat spawns so we can use the PT boats for more than just chasing down a CV (admittedly this was shortly after watching Apocalypse Now). Glad to see some one made use of those rivers.  :banana: :aok

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 12:00:17 PM »

ack-ack

Never leave the F#$%!& boat!
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2013, 08:55:46 AM »
Found a screenshot on my photobucket!  LOGAN (DMGOD), Luky13, and I when I started my first squad!

#S#

Too funny. I actually remember that.  Geez I look so young in that pic.

Josh
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2013, 12:30:42 PM »

You guy weren't greeted by Hopper?