Author Topic: Need a good keyboard.  (Read 2094 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Need a good keyboard.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 10:16:05 AM »
I ordered a Razor Black Widow.

Heres my drama with keyboards. First i had a , actually have, a Logic Tech G15. One of the little plastic feet broke off and I asked them for a new foot. Instead they send me a brand new keyboard, one without USB pass thru, that I didnt even want and couldnt use cause for some odd reason my rudders only work on keyboard pass thru. So this new one sat on my shelf, 'their reason is they said they didnt make the G15 anymore", until a day came when I actually got my rudders to work on a Hub. At that time I took the new keyboard they sent me and started using it.

And guess what? A little plastic foot broke off. I went to and for with them about it and they said they couldnt replace it even tho they still made the keyboard. So they lost a long time customer, "I bet i spent 2 G on them over the years", over a 2 cent plastic foot. Whomever is running Logic Tech they must have a mental problem.

So then I order a Das Keyboard from New Egg. I open the GD thing and it doesnt even have numerals or number on its keys. They are all blank! I call this GD NEW Egg and they tell me they have to charge me a 15% stocking fee to return it. Even tho neither the board or box has a crease in it. They would have sold the thing again at full price once they had it back so I tore the box out of spite. So Im out 15% of $130 plus $15 to ship it back to them.  :furious

I just ordered a Razor from B&H video the place Ive bought all my video gear from. There would be no 15% fee from them. They are a very good company to do business with. Anyway I bought it and will now spend the rest of my life trashing both New Egg and Logic Tech. I just bought an expensive racing setup from LT and this plastic foot thing really pissed me off.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Why did you order a keyboard which is famous for not having labels? :D
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 10:43:36 AM »
Another thing I've been wondering about is people having problems with the foldable little feet under keyboards. IIRC physiotherapists used to be strongly against using them because raising the back of the keyboard would force your wrist to bend upwards into an unhealthy angle. A wrist rest would help a little with the cost of lost working space on the desk. If the keyboard really has to be tilted and the plastic feet break, a pair of 50 cent adhesive rubber bumpers will do the trick. I bought a box of one thousand to be used as raisers for laptops to enhance airflow below them...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 10:50:24 AM »
Why did you order a keyboard which is famous for not having labels? :D

You only get no inscriptions if you get the "Ultimate" version of the keyboard.  The "Professional" keyboard has laser etched inscriptions.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 10:53:00 AM »
sounds like Rich should have taken the "blue pill"...  :lol 

if i had the money to spare, i'd buy one of those ultimate models and put it on my future father in laws computer...  :devil
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 12:47:47 PM »
The picture they had of the product was so small and it never occurred to me that ANYBODY would ever make a keyboard without lettering.

I get it, your a hot shot typist that doesnt need lettering. But even type writers had lettering. What does lettering have to do with being a hot shot typist? I took typing in H.S. Too. Its irrelevant.

So thats how i came to buy the one keyboard made in the world without lettering. :huh

Taking two DBL sawbucks out and burning them would have been more enjoyable then these keyboard capers.

"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 12:51:21 PM »
Another thing I've been wondering about is people having problems with the foldable little feet under keyboards. IIRC physiotherapists used to be strongly against using them because raising the back of the keyboard would force your wrist to bend upwards into an unhealthy angle. A wrist rest would help a little with the cost of lost working space on the desk. If the keyboard really has to be tilted and the plastic feet break, a pair of 50 cent adhesive rubber bumpers will do the trick. I bought a box of one thousand to be used as raisers for laptops to enhance airflow below them...

I thought of that to.

And heres the problem with that. My G15, the one with the pass thru USB-2 I need, has crap type keys that make typing hard, "Im using it now". My other Logic-tech, the one that types well, doesnt have pass thru USB and I cant connect my rudders to it. Its enough to drive you  :x

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 11:54:18 PM »
I guess I don't understand the whole issue with not being able to use a hub with your rudders to be honest. I have never had an issue with using hubs or logitech keyboards. My next one will be one of their mechanical ones even though I really like this G19 keyboard.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2013, 12:45:31 AM »
The picture they had of the product was so small and it never occurred to me that ANYBODY would ever make a keyboard without lettering.

I get it, your a hot shot typist that doesnt need lettering. But even type writers had lettering. What does lettering have to do with being a hot shot typist? I took typing in H.S. Too. Its irrelevant.

So thats how i came to buy the one keyboard made in the world without lettering. :huh

Taking two DBL sawbucks out and burning them would have been more enjoyable then these keyboard capers.

I think one of the first keyboards with blank keys was called a 'l33tboard' and the point was to show off your noob hunt&peck type friends who has the skillz :D

Some claim it will improve their writing performance when they don't have a chance to look at the keyboard - they have to type by memory. I personally can type on a blank keyboard without problems. The only moment when I find the markings useful is if I need to use some rarely used key combo. I've actually learned to type both with US layout keyboard as well as my native baltic layout. When I work with linux I often leave the US layout since I like being able to type the often needed / without pressing shift. But then I always miss my - and = since they're so far up on the keyboard. On US layout / is where - is on finnish one :)
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 04:03:42 AM »
I guess I don't understand the whole issue with not being able to use a hub with your rudders to be honest. I have never had an issue with using hubs or logitech keyboards. My next one will be one of their mechanical ones even though I really like this G19 keyboard.

Lol, If you dont understand it imagine how much "I" dont understand it.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2013, 07:12:26 AM »
I ordered a Razor Black Widow.

Heres my drama with keyboards. First i had a , actually have, a Logic Tech G15. One of the little plastic feet broke off and I asked them for a new foot. Instead they send me a brand new keyboard, one without USB pass thru, that I didnt even want and couldnt use cause for some odd reason my rudders only work on keyboard pass thru. So this new one sat on my shelf, 'their reason is they said they didnt make the G15 anymore", until a day came when I actually got my rudders to work on a Hub. At that time I took the new keyboard they sent me and started using it.

And guess what? A little plastic foot broke off. I went to and for with them about it and they said they couldnt replace it even tho they still made the keyboard. So they lost a long time customer, "I bet i spent 2 G on them over the years", over a 2 cent plastic foot. Whomever is running Logic Tech they must have a mental problem.

So then I order a Das Keyboard from New Egg. I open the GD thing and it doesnt even have numerals or number on its keys. They are all blank! I call this GD NEW Egg and they tell me they have to charge me a 15% stocking fee to return it. Even tho neither the board or box has a crease in it. They would have sold the thing again at full price once they had it back so I tore the box out of spite. So Im out 15% of $130 plus $15 to ship it back to them.  :furious

I just ordered a Razor from B&H video the place Ive bought all my video gear from. There would be no 15% fee from them. They are a very good company to do business with. Anyway I bought it and will now spend the rest of my life trashing both New Egg and Logic Tech. I just bought an expensive racing setup from LT and this plastic foot thing really pissed me off.

Thanks for the recommendations.

You will not be disappointed and also ask yourself why you didn't get one sooner.   :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 03:41:50 PM »
Rich, with Newegg, did you tell them it was defective, and you'd like a replacement, or did you tell them you wanted to return it and get your money back?

Returns for money back can have restocking fees, but as far as I know, replacements don't.

I bought an EVGA graphics card from Newegg once.  EVGA designed horrible packaging for that particular card, and I suspected that it might develop damage just in normal shipping (no fault of shipper or Newegg, but fault of whoever designed the packaging).  I inspected it and saw some broken off capacitors, so I sent it back saying what was wrong and asked for a replacement.  They sent a replacement, and that one, too, had broken off capacitors for the same reason.  I sent that one back asking for a replacement, at which point they gave me a full refund.  I don't recall for sure, but I might not have had to pay return shipping either -- they might have provided that each time.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »
I've always used just the cheapo keyboard that came with my computer, and they always seem to work fine.  If it broke, I'd probably buy a $10 one -- but seeing the grand setups you guys have, I now feel inadequate.  :uhoh

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2013, 03:52:55 PM »
No, Im to honest to Lie to them. They suck anyways.

Besides in the end its not fault for not knowing the keyboard was blank. Both they and Das Keyboard blow anyways for making and selling the thing with no lettering. It came in just a box with no wrapping at all. When I put the keyboard back in you would never even know it had been taken out. It didnt even have a tie for the cord. So they blow. They should have seen the thing still brand new and just given me my money back.

Im happily typing away on my new Razor right now and just want to forget it. Its my second go around with New Egg and and my last.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2013, 04:07:29 PM »
No, Im to honest to Lie to them. They suck anyways.

It was supposed to have blank keys!  Yikes!  I figured it was a defect (i.e., one got through without any lettering).

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2013, 04:08:57 AM »
It was supposed to have blank keys!  Yikes!  I figured it was a defect (i.e., one got through without any lettering).

Yeah I thought so to. When i called them up and they said it was SUPPOSED to be like that I asked them, "why in hell would anyone make a keyboard like that anyway"? I suppose if your a fancy typist you dont need them cause your eyes arent on the keyboard.

Of course if your eyes arent on the keyboard why would it matter if the lettering wasnt on the keys anyways?

Maybe its just a German thing.