Author Topic: GROUND VEHICLE ONLY ARENA  (Read 6194 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: GROUND VEHICLE ONLY ARENA
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2013, 08:36:46 AM »
  Anyway, I don't want to eliminate the current play styles,

except for killing vehicles with planes.  :headscratch:
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline danmac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2013, 09:03:23 AM »
Why is it so hard just to let him have what he wants and If it fails rub it In his face. And if a separate arena will be a ghost town as you say it will be then let it happen. It's not like anyone is asking for a game changing breakthrough. One thing I have noticed its the aces high customers that drive away new players not the game. Y'all are a bunch of elitist tards this isn't the army where if it's not broke don't fix it applies. The aces high community as a whole is the most unfriendly community I've ran across in any of my hobbies. And that will be its slow downfall.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2013, 09:08:04 AM »
Why is it so hard just to let him have what he wants and If it fails rub it In his face. And if a separate arena will be a ghost town as you say it will be then let it happen. It's not like anyone is asking for a game changing breakthrough. One thing I have noticed its the aces high customers that drive away new players not the game. Y'all are a bunch of elitist tards this isn't the army where if it's not broke don't fix it applies. The aces high community as a whole is the most unfriendly community I've ran across in any of my hobbies. And that will be its slow downfall.

Post-marked for review in five years if you haven't been chased off to someplace 'better' by then.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2013, 10:36:28 AM »
Or, which has been pointed out, you choose to ignore the fact that you can immediately have the environment you want using existing game functions. Your position is the one without legs.
<snip>

Actually, I considered and commented on your suggestion in my point (3) earlier.  Apparently you overlooked it. 

3)   I think that custom arenas would be much less effective in attracting the maximum number of GVers, because arena visibility would be inadequate and there is no effective way to advertise them.  In contrast, if when you log in you see “LW, MW, EW, GV Arena”, those problems are eliminated.  (Actually, GV Arena should be at the top of the list ...). 

As for the rest of your post (removed in the quote), remember that what I am pushing for is adding an *additional* play mode to satisfy my and others’ play preferences (GV versus GV without constant air interference).  We want this because it is fun for us, and not because we want to ruin anyone else’s fun.  Since the “wish” is additional, and since it allows the other play styles to remain in place, your opposition to it is difficult to justify, IMHO. 

MH

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2013, 10:38:53 AM »
You guys are asking Hitech to make a special exemption for you from facing the full fury of the Main Arena because you drive tanks. No other group of players would get any special exemption from that same fury and Russian Roulette we all play with our game lives.

What makes you so special over anyone else in this game?

Is your death and frustration in a tank more special than my same frustration over my death in a fighter?

What makes your cartoon death in your cartoon toy any more tragic than my cartoon death in my cartoon toy of choice in this game?

We both pay the same amount for our subscriptions to access the MA and use all of it's toys as we see fit. What makes your $14.95 so special that you deserve an exemption from all the possible types of death in the arena that everyone else has to suffer?

What is so special about "you" over all the other special $14.95 paying customers?

You could say this about any "wish".  Each of us pushes for what we prefer, right?  BTW, your characterization of what is being asked for is inaccurate, ("...exemption from all the possible types of death..").  I assume you are familiar with the expression "straw man".

MH

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2013, 10:43:28 AM »
<snip>  Anyway, I don't want to eliminate the current play styles  <snip>

except for killing vehicles with planes.  :headscratch:

Wrong; that's not what I said.  Only on *portions* of the map (or a separate *additional* arena), not everywhere.  

4)   However, instead of a separate GV arena, I would still prefer to use the normal maps, but with game-play modifications to make portions of the map GV-safe (per above), at all times and under all map conditions.  

MH
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:46:43 AM by TDeacon »

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2013, 12:29:21 PM »
You could say this about any "wish".  Each of us pushes for what we prefer, right?  BTW, your characterization of what is being asked for is inaccurate, ("...exemption from all the possible types of death..").  I assume you are familiar with the expression "straw man".

MH
except by other GVs of course,,,?  Or did you miss that part?
Flying since tour 71.

Offline danmac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2013, 01:05:53 PM »
Post-marked for review in five years if you haven't been chased off to someplace 'better' by then.
if aces high is the same In five years then yes I will be gone might even be gone before. the gameplay has gone down all people wana do is bnz and get their name in the text buffer. Battlefield 3 has better teamwork and communication than aces high and that's on PlayStation3 and I don't have to pay anything a month to play. Just look at this one thread one wants something so he can improve his net worth of the game that he pays for with HIS own money and the otherside instead of bein supportive with HIS wish they just get the bandwagon of waaaaaaa and it'll never work and you wana distroy the game. Why cuz he doesn't play the game the way you think it should be played.

Offline danmac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2013, 01:08:02 PM »
I especially like how the community as a whole thinks they have a say in what happens to the game I guess this is where all the it'll never work cuz I say so comes from

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2013, 01:47:45 PM »
I especially like how the community as a whole thinks they have a say in what happens to the game I guess this is where all the it'll never work cuz I say so comes from
do a search for night time and you will see where the "it'll never work" attitude actually comes from. some people thought it would be a "great idea", they found out different.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2013, 02:05:53 PM »
except by other GVs of course,,,?  Or did you miss that part?

I missed it because it's not there; read his post again.  

MH
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 02:10:22 PM by TDeacon »

Offline danmac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2013, 02:09:47 PM »
That comes from lack of real world experience but I'm guess ng by what you said they got that wish and it failed right at least it got a shot to fail

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2013, 02:12:45 PM »
That comes from lack of real world experience but I'm guess ng by what you said they got that wish and it failed right at least it got a shot to fail

Also, it is not logical to say that because one suggestion (btw a bad one on a completely different topic) failed that all others will too.  We'd still be living in caves if everyone thought that way.  Even though the OP isn't my preferred solution, I am willing to try it if HTC is.  

MH
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 02:14:29 PM by TDeacon »

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2013, 02:16:51 PM »
it's possible this might get a chance to fail as well...ya never know. people got pissed off on a regular basis when there 2 lw arenas and 1 or the other was locked down due to a population cap. everyone wants to be where the rest of the gang is...just based on past history here, you can put your money on a gv only arena looking like the ew arena in less time than it took for the ww1 arena to empty out.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2013, 02:26:41 PM »
it's possible this might get a chance to fail as well...ya never know. people got pissed off on a regular basis when there 2 lw arenas and 1 or the other was locked down due to a population cap. everyone wants to be where the rest of the gang is...just based on past history here, you can put your money on a gv only arena looking like the ew arena in less time than it took for the ww1 arena to empty out.

Hopefully HTC will try it.  Maybe you are right, and nobody will use it.  OK, then they back out the GV arena and we try another idea.  As stated previously, I prefer the alternative of modifying either the maps or the "rules" of the LW main arena to allow at least some (tactically interesting) place on every map where GVs can play relatively free of AC.  As stated previously, at least one example of this already exists in the form of certain Tank Towns, like the one in CraterMA.  I think there is a better way to integrate GV-safe areas into the map than TTs, however.  And of course you will still be able to attack GVs with AC easily outside these zones.    

MH
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 02:29:04 PM by TDeacon »