Author Topic: GROUND VEHICLE ONLY ARENA  (Read 6196 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
GROUND VEHICLE ONLY ARENA
« on: September 28, 2013, 01:13:31 AM »
Select the best maps that are suited for GV's like CraterMa, Smpizza, and a couple others.
The WWI terrain could be put into the rotation as well.There are over 20 vehicles now to do battle.
When there is a good GV battle going the players involved are oblivious to the winning the map.
An arena without Bomb t's would be sweet ! Time for a GV only arena.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: GROUND VEHICLE ONLY ARENA
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 03:19:08 AM »
I know you're kidding.  :lol

However .....

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 03:52:04 AM »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 06:13:41 AM »
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 06:21:08 AM »
In view of the ever decreasing attendance and the resulting gameplay issues, any idea to further split up the numbers is a bad one in my opinion.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 06:38:24 AM »
In view of the ever decreasing attendance and the resulting gameplay issues, any idea to further split up the numbers is a bad one in my opinion.

I find myself playing a lot less than I use to. Boredom mainly, same hordes, same furballs, same maps( I know make a new one..sorry not my job). What would it hurt to try, just try it for a month or so to see what would happen, might even get some new players in. I also know some of you will and already have said "This is ACES HIGH" it's all about fighter combat, in that case do away with the cv's, gv's and see how many people you have left in the game then!  :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 08:38:10 AM »
An arena without Bomb t's would be sweet !

what about all the bomb t's that like dropping bombs on people. what are they supposed to do?

go shoot down the bomb t's.  :aok

circle of life.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 08:48:21 AM »
I find myself playing a lot less than I use to. Boredom mainly, same hordes, same furballs, same maps( I know make a new one..sorry not my job). What would it hurt to try, just try it for a month or so to see what would happen, might even get some new players in. I also know some of you will and already have said "This is ACES HIGH" it's all about fighter combat, in that case do away with the cv's, gv's and see how many people you have left in the game then!  :salute

If you're bored then try something new and come join one of our Storch raids! They're a blast!  :D

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 09:36:04 AM »
what about all the bomb t's that like dropping bombs on people. what are they supposed to do?

go shoot down the bomb t's.  :aok

circle of life.

:aok
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Blinder

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 10:04:59 AM »
Actually we had this over at Warbirds as far back as 2001. It was called Armored Assault and many players fought in both this, the main arena as well as Dawn of Aces so the splitting up would not be as severe as one would think. I, myself, would bounce back and forth between these arenas in a single night for a little fun everywhere.

Here is their current offering: http://www.m4tankbrigade.com/

But I would advise HTC to greatly enhance the realism of the ground effects to be more inline with a game like WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs Tiger as seen on its facebook page here:https://www.facebook.com/pages/WWII-Battle-Tanks-T-34-vs-Tiger/258954727514161

Once you've played T-34 vs. Tiger ...its hard to get into GVs that bounce off trees.
Fighter pilots win glory .... Bomber pilots win wars.

17th Guards Air Assault Regiment (VVS) "Badenov's Red Raiders"

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 10:23:20 AM »
Once you've played T-34 vs. Tiger ...its hard to get into GVs that get violated by trees.

fixed :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 08:15:02 PM »
<snip>

Obviously, they could play in the regular arenas.  

Although I would support the OP, I would prefer adjustments to the regular arenas to guarantee a place in each of them where GVs could engage each other relatively unmolested.  This could be accomplished either through map modifications, or on the existing maps via various rule tweaks to accomplish the same thing.  Some maps would require almost no mods at all (i.e. OzKansas, which only requires most of the bases on the center island to be made uncapturable, and CraterMA which is adequate just the way it is (although the mesas in TT should ideally be replaced with rolling hills).  

MH
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 08:25:53 PM by TDeacon »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 08:21:26 PM »
The DA has what you are asking for in one of the corners of the map. Wish granted.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 09:12:08 PM »
it's all about fighter combat, in that case do away with the cv's, gv's and see how many people you have left in the game then!  :salute

sounds good to me!  i'd probably re-subscribe :aok
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 10:10:57 PM »
Umm, can't you just do this yourself by opening a custom arena and inviting GV'rs to come and play? Doesn't put any new work on the office and your wish is granted immediately. Yes, no, maybe?

:salute

Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.