Author Topic: Gravity  (Read 800 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Gravity
« on: October 05, 2013, 12:38:21 PM »
It's a must see movie!!! Saw it in 3d last night, it was amazing.

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Gravity
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 12:47:55 PM »
I've been trying to find an I-max theater to go see it at with my girl friend, I've heard that it will blow your mind in I-max.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 01:08:24 PM »
I've been trying to find an I-max theater to go see it at with my girl friend, I've heard that it will blow your mind in I-max.
I would think Newark or Elkton would have one.

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 02:00:13 PM »
This is what 3d was made for.

Of course you need to suspend disbelief over the Space Shuttle, but other then that it's a great movie.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 03:11:17 PM »
Have to agree with the OP, this is one of the few movies I've seen in the last 5 years that I've actually wanted to see twice in the same week.  Fantastic, 10/10 IMO, I'm going to see it again on Sunday matinee.  Don't miss a chance to see it in the theater if you have a good 3D screen nearby. 

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 03:37:39 PM »
This is what 3d was made for.

Of course you need to suspend disbelief over the Space Shuttle, but other then that it's a great movie.
The orbital change is also not possible.  The shuttle wasn't capable of a Hubble to ISS orbital shift as it couldn't care enough fuel.  An EVA thruster pack wouldn't even remotely be able to affect such a change.  The orbits are just too different.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 04:38:21 PM »
Just saw the movie last night. I must say that I was on the edge of my seat. The movie inspired me to research how the human body would react if exposed to the vacuum of space. To my surprise, the movie wasn't far off.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=survival-in-space-unprotected-possible
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 07:26:03 PM »

There is one in King of Prussia, about an hour drive from you.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 09:59:57 PM »
New IMAX at the riverfront in Wilmington but it's not playing there. Naturally.  :rolleyes:
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 06:49:58 PM »
There is one in King of Prussia, about an hour drive from you.

I did a year in Church Farm School in Exton but I thought it was Paoli. Weird. Total hijack but your post just reminded me of that fact.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 07:28:01 PM »
Just saw the movie last night. I must say that I was on the edge of my seat. The movie inspired me to research how the human body would react if exposed to the vacuum of space. To my surprise, the movie wasn't far off.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=survival-in-space-unprotected-possible

Heheheh, maybe Stanley Kubrick was right then. One astronaut manages to have himself ejected into the emergency airlock, despite not having his helmet, and is exposed to vacuum for a few seconds before setting off to kill the mutinous HAL.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 07:34:37 PM »
I saw it in IMAX 3D last night.  It is an incredible feat of filmmaking and a good story to boot.  See it on the big screen because it will never be done justice on bluray at home no matter how nice your personal set up.
Fight's on!

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 07:25:07 PM »
We went to see it this afternoon at the IMAX 3D. Definitely worth watching on that type of screen if possible.

We thought it was an amazing movie. Always been fascinated by space exploration.

It's quite emotional and intense. Sandra did a great job.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »
Too much for a 9 year old kid? 

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 08:40:53 PM »
Too much for a 9 year old kid? 

IMHO, yes.